Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

The Banished King- New Event

AgentY4AgentY4 Posts: 12
You are a banished man and are forced to live in the jungles. You have recently escaped jail and was almost tortured to death. You used to be a famous king, but the people have found out that you were related to the brutal king, Ambark. They dethroned you. They kicked you out of your own kingdom. All you have right now are a few loyal kingsgaurd soldiers. However, you need to find a place to camp and rest.

You can build woodcutters, stonemasons, coal burners, olive groves, and glass producers (I forgot what they're called). You will live entirely on bartering. All you can get is soldiers and resources. You have 25 of each kingsgaurd. You have to loot the junglemen for more resources. The soldiers you barter will cost 50% less. You won't have morale or camps. You will only have one BIG camp that holds everything. You can also build seige workshops.

You won't be able to transfer resources or soldiers from the Mainland.

You will have to defeat towers. You start with very weak towers, with only 20 junglemen. However, as you move on, you proceed into the kingdom you had. Eventually, you have to defeat all of the towers and capture the capital. The capital will have 800 soldiers.

Each tower will give you kingsgaurd soldiers. The stronger they are, the more they will give. In fact, the tower before the captial will give you 200 troops!

You don't have to worry about your troops deserting or stuff like that. When they are not attacking towers, you will send them on 1 hour hunts. Each hunt will keep them full for 12 hours.

There will be a hunting lodge as well. Pay a quick 10,000 coins and they are full for 12 hours. Pay 20,000 coins will keep them full for the day.

Each tower you defeat will become another camp for you. After you defeat 3 towers, it becomes 3 camps. The fourth camp will be special. It willl give you 1 extra occupacy rate.

Your troops won't desert unless you tell it to. If your troops starve, then they go to your first camp. Your first camp can keep all of the troops without going on hunts. The problem is that you cannot defeat towers that are not next to you. Transferring soldiers between camps can take many hours, and there won't be horses.

In this event, you can get thousands of soldiers. If you have too much, then you can provide troops to your subjects. As a token of appreciation, they give you resources to your main castle. Exchange rate- 10 troops = 2,000 resources.

The event will last for 20 days. After it is over, you have 24 hours to send over your troops manually. After 21 days, it is automatically sent to your main castle.

The event may seem easy to you, but you have to be strategic. The junglemen are highly trained and are a little more powerful than kingsgaurd defenders. There will be 19 towers, the 20th will be the capital. The reward will be a building that is the size of a kings tree and will give a 20% PO boost for 6 hours every day. After the 6 hours are up, then it will get a 18 hour cooldown.

I accept constructive critisizm. Feel free to make suggestions!
Post edited by AgentY4 on
AgentY @ international 1 and international 2. Get ready!

Comments

• EL The InvaderEL The Invader Posts: 110
    edited 06.05.2013
    Good idea,different with that Thorn King event
    EL The Invader @ United Kingdom 1

The proud member of Templar Saints

Good Luck Playing
  • KILLERONE4KILLERONE4 Posts: 40
    edited 06.05.2013
    it sounds like a really good idea. makes it a little bit more interesting to see who could finish first if u dont send troops over
    KILLERONE @ au 1
    Loyal Guard of OVERLORDS and part time defender of the capitol!
    The RBC murder! YOLO so get up and out ;)
    Just want to make the game funner :D
  • matthew27matthew27 Posts: 284
    edited 06.05.2013
    I like good idea and the reward sounds good but if you had to what would you have as an equipment reward?
    matthew27 @ en 1
    Rise and rise again until lambs become lions
    Lv52 and counting. Member of the great dark dominion.
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 06.05.2013
    I love it. Unique equipment reward and some rubies at the end (possibly a small but strong deco) would probably be about right.
    BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
    We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
    We just wanna make the world dance
    Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
  • AgentY4AgentY4 Posts: 12
    edited 07.05.2013
    I love it. Unique equipment reward and some rubies at the end (possibly a small but strong deco) would probably be about right.
    Yes, maybe 350 rubies, a unique piece of equipment, and a strong small deco (like the thorn skull)
    I'm adding a poll to this idea of mine.
    I'm really bored of the thorn king being repeated many times and Berdimond coming 3 times. I want GGS to find a new idea.
    AgentY @ international 1 and international 2. Get ready!
  • FARAN22FARAN22 Posts: 158
    edited 07.05.2013
    yeah but i say the amount of soldiers in the tower and the amount of soldiers given to u should change according to each level

and i am not saying that because i am a low level my self i am actually a level 31
    We are now looking for new members for reaping owls(not related to crimson reapers)
    we are looking for level 50+(some exceptions may be made)
    we are only looking for ruby buyers
    Contact Faran2 usa1 if interested
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 07.05.2013
    I think I said that... ^^
    The stronger they are, the more they will give
    Haha.
    LegionOfKillers

Not to be messed with

International 2
    My reaction when I look at my enemies' castles after I attack them:
    "Stop! It's too bright!!"
    My original and new event idea: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64214-The-Banished-King-New-Event&highlight=banished+king
    Also, please use the search engine. There are hundreds of threads on one topic.
  • ZeMaster830 (US1)ZeMaster830 (US1) Posts: 797
    edited 28.05.2013
    I have a question: What if you lose the kingsguards, like by a defeated tower attack? then what do you do? Otherwise, good idea.
    ZeMaster830 @ usa1 and @ en1. Proud Member of LegionOfTheFree. legionofthefree.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since when did a Desert Tower look like this?
  • Captain BilboCaptain Bilbo Posts: 142
    edited 28.05.2013
    i like the idea!
    I eat robber barons for breakfast,
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <
    Thats me!
  • WardianWardian Posts: 1,017
    edited 28.05.2013
    I have a question: What if you lose the kingsguards, like by a defeated tower attack? then what do you do? Otherwise, good idea.
    I think then you are out and have lost
    [email protected]
    Proud Sergeant of Phoenix Rise
    Wardian @WWW1
    Proud General of DEAD WARRIORS
    Marshmallows anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 06.08.2013
    What about tower rewards? Just troops or res, equipment and tools as well?
    Harry williment @ en1 ~ level 53, TDN musketeers
    Proud almost non-ruby buyer!
    Me:smiley-cool21.gif
    People used to argue with my main castle name: the best castle. They don't anymore.
    trolls.gif
    smiley-cool20.gif
    I'm another person you can contact on en1 if you're being bullied.
    17.jpg
  • kingbo returnskingbo returns Posts: 243
    edited 07.10.2013
    yeah he is right exactly what i would have said thats why they allow you to send troops over in other events otherwise your doomed
    kingbo returns @ au 1

they said this would stop alexander the great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    except it didnt im never trusting anyone again
  • edited 07.10.2013
    a change from the thorn king.what level is required for the event?
  • Barnacleez (US1)Barnacleez (US1) Posts: 2,833
    edited 07.10.2013
    Maybe it should be TROOPS, not level!
    Example: Minimum to enter: At least 50 weaklings, or at least 20 strong fighters. (What can I say? I have a lot of strong attackers.) Must also enter via the Herald that comes through 1 week before the event. If you don't have the
    needed number of troops, he'll say, "Ah, you are weak. You shall not enter. Begone." If you have enough, he;ll say, "Are you going to take part in the upcoming event? It is hard, but the rewards are jackpot."
    Barnacleez the Avenger @ Kindle Fire 4.5.5
    [email protected] usa 1
    Contact Support here.
    Comedy is my partial life. Nerdiness is the other 99.99% of it.
    If this is a game where the player gender doesn't exist, then why does 'King' and 'Baronet' exist?
    Don't click here.
    Level: 34 Honor: 1,234
    Neutral in the server war, currently supporting TORCHERERS

• lord zanzo9lord zanzo9 Posts: 193
    edited 07.10.2013
    if that event would be added i want that a Level 20 player can join this event
    lord zanzo9 Level 30 and proud leader of United alliance:)
  • fmsfms Posts: 83
    edited 07.10.2013
    I really like this idea. GGE should add this :)
    4.jpg
    19.jpg
    8.jpg
    18.jpg
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 05.12.2013
    The Blade Coast... again! Come on GGE, this entire game only has 3 events (I think, I left the game for a bit) which is the Thorn King, Blade Coast, and Berdimond. And two of them are EXACTLY the same. This is disappointing. Bring this event up. I'm sure the players would love it.

And if you lose all of your soldiers, you're out of the game. This is based on strategy, not firepower.
    LegionOfKillers

Not to be messed with

International 2
    My reaction when I look at my enemies' castles after I attack them:
    "Stop! It's too bright!!"
    My original and new event idea: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64214-The-Banished-King-New-Event&highlight=banished+king
    Also, please use the search engine. There are hundreds of threads on one topic.
  • Daniel DegudeDaniel Degude Posts: 1,645
    edited 05.12.2013
    and i also like this cause non ruby buyer have as much of a chance as ruby buyers!
  • YKRAÏHA (US1)YKRAÏHA (US1) Posts: 196
    edited 24.09.2014
    How do you get the voting poll onto the thread?

Please read my story- https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/102021/life-as-we-knew-it/p1
    New event: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/112274/event-the-rising-sun
    Glory is forever!
    (or at the rate of -2.5% a day, whichever comes sooner)
    George Washington: Didn't he fight the Russians at Pearl Harbor?
     Abraham Lincoln: Wasn't he the Prime Minister of the Confederacy?
    Richard Nixon: Wasn't he a Chinese hacker?
    Obama: Isn't he a rapper?
  • ArthusXArthusX Posts: 48
    edited 24.09.2014
    Frankly I do not think this is a good idea.

Firstly, you said the player character is banished, meaning all of your 4 castles and 3 outposts will be unusable for the duration of said event. Is this event forced on player like invasion? Will the castles be gone? if not, how can you manage them? (see point 3)

Secondly, should you add the option to choose whether t o join an event or not, then how will it be explained? Berimond for example describe your action as participation in the struggle for the throne. This event? from your info it will sound like "I'm a king living comfortably in my castle, time to spend resources to get citizens to take all of my possessions and banish me to some jungle!" which sounds absurdly ridiculous.

Thirdly, think about what others could do to your castle should they decide not to participate. I seriously doubt that you can switch between outcast state and usual king status to manage your castles during the event. It doesn't make sense, and I can see them burning and looting your base to smithereens.

Lastly, how should the event finishes? By chance if you lose all your troops will you just simply go back? or will your account reset?! D:

While your idea of how this event works doesn't seem that far-fetch, the cause leading to it is just downright impractical, future consequences aside.
    ArthusX @ en 1

Good Defense
    22hfbC.png
    Bad Defense

Learn the difference, it could...it will save your life!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file