Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New event - Bedlam!

Comments

• edited 12.04.2013
    WHEN will it come ???????
  • nicknamearyanicknamearya Posts: 171
    edited 12.04.2013
    badkid1029 wrote: »
    WHEN will it come ???????

it's an idea, GGS might not have even saw this idea yet. It might take months for this to be implemented, but a moderator needs to see this first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    nicknamearya @ en 1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 12.04.2013
    I think the teaming issue could be resolved to an extent by limiting the number of entrants.

With only 200 entrants per event (they could run more than one at a time maybe?) this would avoid entire alliances working together.

I had envisioned this event are a regular one, maybe even weekly.
    It's been a while.....

• BarbarusBarbarus Posts: 183
    edited 12.04.2013
    sunday blood baths, cant wait!
    Barbarus @ en 1
  • grim reeper3grim reeper3 Posts: 155
    edited 13.04.2013
    as long as u cant move troops to other kingdoms (assuming this event will end)

and there is a reward for winner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]grim reeper @ usa 1

Watch out [email protected]$$ coming through
  • Dragonhead2Dragonhead2 Posts: 13
    edited 13.04.2013
    The idea sounds awesome :D
    This would be so cool, and i really hope they implement it.
    Sorry i didn't read the thread, so this may have been said, but if it is anonymous, alliance members will simply tell each other their names.
    Dragonhead @ WWW 2
    edited 13.04.2013
    as long as u cant move troops to other kingdoms (assuming this event will end)

and there is a reward for winner

Yes the idea is that no troops can be brought to the event from the main game. This would even out the playing field as the only troops you would be able to use would be the reward troops from the event, which would all be the same.
    It's been a while.....

• brito2493brito2493 Posts: 89
    edited 13.04.2013
    I think tis a great idea, I say only one thing-well 2 first, no rubies, rubies should not be available for use in this event, even though I like many others, I am a rubie buyer I think we can tell from the battle for berimond that the player who buys more rubies whens, so I think rubies should nt be used in the event, second other then that . . . whats gge wating for, they should have started work on it already!!
    8)8)8)BRITO2493 THE AWESOME

I'm PROUD TO SUPPORT GOODGAME EMPIRE, THE
    BEST GAME EVER MADE!!
    edited 13.04.2013
    brito2493 wrote: »
    I think tis a great idea, I say only one thing-well 2 first, no rubies, rubies should not be available for use in this event, even though I like many others, I am a rubie buyer I think we can tell from the battle for berimond that the player who buys more rubies whens, so I think rubies should nt be used in the event, second other then that . . . whats gge wating for, they should have started work on it already!!

A ruby free event would be a very hard sell to GGS.

The concept is that each player would progress through levels via challenges and tasks (hit a tower, capture a village, attack players). The idea would be that rubies would be available in this event but not to the same extent as Berimond. Players could use rubies for an advantage (better tools, faster building, travel speed etc) but power building an entire castle would not be available. Ruby building would only be available up to the point that each level allows. The only way to progress to the next level would be to undertake the attack quests.
    It's been a while.....

• Zub-ZubZub-Zub Posts: 743
    edited 13.04.2013
    This is a great idea. I like the idea of it being a once or twice a week event with a limit to the number of players, because in the US1 server, there are around 65,000 players. That would take forever to eliminate everyone, so having it with a limited number of players is great. I really hope this gets implemented.
    "I hate to tell you this, but there are ALWAYS going to be new things that cost rubies. Given thats how we fund the game that is not going to change." -CM Malreyn

FINALLY some honesty. Thank you CM Malreyn.

Go HERE, or FACE MY WRATH! :)
    Zub-Zub @ usa 1
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 13.04.2013
    Sounds most interesting, now to see if GGE actually adopts it!
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

No longer liking GGS games.

To Captain Dunsel!
  • KILLERONE4KILLERONE4 Posts: 40
    edited 13.04.2013
    sounds awesome. i hope they put it in
    KILLERONE @ au 1
    Loyal Guard of OVERLORDS and part time defender of the capitol!
    The RBC murder! YOLO so get up and out ;)
    Just want to make the game funner :D
  • Micah2443 (US1)Micah2443 (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    edited 05.08.2016
    Baldrick wrote: »
    This event will open a new world where we can all build castles in order to fight each other in a no rules, no holds barred fight to the death.

There will be no sides, there will be no support, there will be no alliances.

Each player is given a base castle and troops to operate from. There will be towers to defeat and villages to capture. With each victory you are rewarded with troops which you can use to defend your castle and attack others. There will be no honour and no glory, this will be a dirty war, you will be fighting your alliance friends, your pact members and maybe even your leader if you have one. You will be fighting everyone!

Your castle can only be upgraded once you reach the new levels and unlock new buildings/wall/gate and tower levels and receive troop and tool rewards.

As with everything in Empire, the use of rubies can speed things up and improve defense and attack abilities. Rubies will only be able to speed you to a certain extent as you will not be able to build past your current level. Completing quests will enable the next levels and upgrades.

Each castle is given 50 lives, each time your castle is defeated you will lose one of these lives. Each time you are attacked you will receive a troop bonus so if you are planning to attack someone you'd better make sure you win or they will only grow stronger. There will be a minimal amount of fires that can be put out quickly in order that you will be in a position to continue the fight. As players lose their lives and are defeated only the strong will remain.

Rewards will be based on how long you last in this demolition derby. Any player who does not send an attack in a 48 hour period will be removed from the event. Thus avoiding any stale mate situations. This event is a fighting event with building, not a building event with fighting.

Rewards for the top 100 will be impressive, rewards for the top 10 will be astounding. First prize will be phenomenal. We're talking impressive decorations and equipment, troops, coins and rubies.

The mechanics of this idea will require precise balancing in order to ensure that all players have a fighting chance but also that those who decide to spend rubies in this event stand a better chance of winning, after all they'll be paying for the development costs.

I believe that this event will be exciting and new.

Let me know what you all think.

Bring it on!

Post edited by Micah2443 (US1) on
    MicahFighter @ usa 1
    edited 13.04.2013
    Good idea, bt GGE needs to fix all the bugs and glitches first :)

Yeah, that is true.

Somewhere in this thread is the suggestion that this event could use the Berimond template as it's basis.

By doing this, and holding this event on a weekly basis GGS would have more chance of fixing the Berimond bugs as the event would be running for longer in total hours.

So, this could also be used as a bug fixer.
    It's been a while.....

• Humpers2Humpers2 Posts: 166
    edited 13.04.2013
    Leopold III while revelling over the glorious and decisive victory against the House of Ursidae should perhaps have foreseen what was about to take place. With the war between the factions concluded once and for all, armies and men who had known nothing but warfare all their lives suddenly had no direction or aim. It started with just a few of Leopold's least experienced and least reliable commanders - yet a sudden burst of in-fighting amongst his lords spread and before he could do anything to stop it, all his commanders were at arms, this time with each other.

The land of Berimond which he had vowed to reign over and protect suddenly became lawless as each lord prepared to mount their own challenge for the crown and land of Berimond. There could be no doubt that each lord would be fighting to the death since this would come down to the last man standing...
    Humpers @ en 1
    edited 13.04.2013
    Humpers2 wrote: »
    Leopold III while revelling over the glorious and decisive victory against the House of Ursidae should perhaps have foreseen what was about to take place. With the war between the factions concluded once and for all, armies and men who had known nothing but warfare all their lives suddenly had no direction or aim. It started with just a few of Leopold's least experienced and least reliable commanders - yet a sudden burst of in-fighting amongst his lords spread and before he could do anything to stop it, all his commanders were at arms, this time with each other.

The land of Berimond which he had vowed to reign over and protect suddenly became lawless as each lord prepared to mount their own challenge for the crown and land of Berimond. There could be no doubt that each lord would be fighting to the death since this would come down to the last man standing...

McLovin' it!
    It's been a while.....

• Humpers2Humpers2 Posts: 166
    edited 13.04.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »
    McLovin' it!

Just pointing out how easily they could recycle it and make an awesome event.
    Humpers @ en 1
  • matthew27matthew27 Posts: 284
    edited 13.04.2013
    But what would happen to Leopold III? Could he be a huge boss at the end? The winner could go on to challenge Leopold for the throne. Love the idea a huge brawl :D.
    matthew27 @ en 1
    Rise and rise again until lambs become lions
    Lv52 and counting. Member of the great dark dominion.
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 13.04.2013
    I like this a lot!

Sounds very exciting and fast-paced! :D
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • UltimateJhonUltimateJhon Posts: 767
    edited 13.04.2013
    the only bit i don't like is the name.
    General of Greek empire.

I own the fire sparta league , to join ask me , we stick together we die together.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file