Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

100% find better items.

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
edited 06.07.2014 in Players ask Players
The title pretty much says it all really.

I have been using a 100% find better items commander for a while now. I use it quite a lot in Fire Peaks, but now always.

Since the equipment was introduced to the game every single attack I have launched at level 60 towers in Fire Peaks have resulted in receiving, as a minimum, a rare item. So I can assume that the minimum level of equipment that can be found in a level 60 tower is Rare.

Can someone please explain why it is that when I use the 100% (yes, 100%) find better items I still receive rare equipment? This goes against the laws of percentages.

What I really want to know (from GGS) is how these "find better items" commanders actually work. As far as I can tell they don't work at all. Or maybe 100% means something else in Germany?

I am 100% sure that there something wrong with this (or am I?)
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• MaJeStiicMaJeStiic Posts: 367
    edited 11.03.2013
    Baldrick wrote: »

I have been using a 100% find better items commander for a while now. I use it quite a lot in Fire Peaks, but now always.

Since the equipment was introduced to the game every single attack I have launched at level 60 towers in Fire Peaks have resulted in receiving, as a minimum, a rare item. So I can assume that the minimum level of equipment that can be found in a level 60 tower is Rare.

Can someone please explain why it is that when I use the 100% (yes, 100%) find better items I still receive rare equipment? This goes against the laws of percentages.

What I really want to know (from GGS) is how these "find better items" commanders actually work. As far as I can tell they don't work at all. Or maybe 100% means something else in Germany?

Great question, as I stopped using those commanders long ago. Went straight to 70% loot instead. You've played this long enough to know that they aren't every good at percentages and odds in this game though. Shouldn't be surprised lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leader of Dream Team on USA 1 server. Follow our battles here! http://goo.gl/Aqqua
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 11.03.2013
    Yeah, I mostly use 70% looters too.

I just want an answer as to what GGS see as 100% really. It's obviously not 100% as know to the rest of mankind. Maybe I need some of the Blue Stuff to make it work properly?
    It's been a while.....

• venuccivenucci Posts: 67
    edited 11.03.2013
    Yeah, I mostly use 70% looters too.

I just want an answer as to what GGS see as 100% really. It's obviously not 100% as know to the rest of mankind. Maybe I need some of the Blue Stuff to make it work properly?

I stopped using that commander as well and switched to the melee/ranged bonus commander to minimize losses.
    I hope a GGS can give us more information, but I think they won't. It will be another secret in the game.

But we can at least conclude that 100% won't give you none stop legendaries ;)
  • edited 11.03.2013
    Baldrick: I think all the percentage does is modify the base chance of finding good equipment. To illustrate, if the base chance of finding good stuff is 1% or 30%, then your commander now has a 2% or 60% chance of finding good stuff. That's all. We don't know what the base chance is though, but it is clearly quite low!
    ericthecleric @ en 1
    edited 11.03.2013
    Baldrick: I think all the percentage does is modify the base chance of finding good equipment. To illustrate, if the base chance of finding good stuff is 1% or 30%, then your commander now has a 2% or 60% chance of finding good stuff. That's all. We don't know what the base chance is though, but it is clearly quite low!

Yes, I came up with that theory too a while back. Seems about right. If you went to buy some take out food and they offered 100% extra fries you would think that you would get a whole extra portion, not one extra fry. That would be false advertising.

Given the fact that some players have paid rubies (money) to upgrade these items (not me) surely this is actually illegal unless there is small print somewhere explaining what the percentages mean.
    It's been a while.....

• Gaz The BossGaz The Boss Posts: 521
    edited 11.03.2013
    In this game always the main bonus is multiplied. So if u have a +100% equipment and the base stat is 10% to get epic with +100% u get 20% chance.
    Gaz The Boss @ en 1
    edited 11.03.2013
    In this game always the main bonus is multiplied. So if u have a +100% equipment and the base stat is 10% to get epic with +100% u get 20% chance.

I do know that, but surely in order to make everything legal GGS should publish the base stats.
    It's been a while.....

• Gaz The BossGaz The Boss Posts: 521
    edited 11.03.2013
    I would like to know the base stat of the attack horn, because anything i tried to figure out so far is rubbish :D
    Gaz The Boss @ en 1
    edited 11.03.2013
    I would like to know the base stat of the attack horn, because anything i tried to figure out so far is rubbish :D

Yeah, again, something that the players pay money for (watchtowers) and have no idea how it actually works.
    It's been a while.....

• aga110 (GB1)aga110 (GB1) Posts: 75
    edited 11.03.2013
    What Gaz said should have cleared any issues up...You need to look at it more like you will recieve 100% more epic/legendary items, so if you would get 20 epic per 100 attacks with 0%, having 100% will give you 40 per 100.

If you've played any online game before you should know that mechanics are rarely divulged to the player base, regardless of how much money they taken from you.
    aga110 @ uk 1
    edited 11.03.2013
    I do understand but as far as I can see, all the other percentages used in equipment are actual percentages as known to humans all over the world. For some reason the find better items seems to use some other system.

If you install a +70% looting commander it's actually 70% more resources, not 70% more chances of finding some random stick of wood somewhere.
    It's been a while.....

• Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 11.03.2013
    Baldrick, it's still all the same system. You are right when you say "chances" or 'chance' - it's just the probablility that is being increased, as far as finding stronger items. 100% better odds, if starting from a low base figure, are still poor odds, overall.

With the bonus for Resources Plundered, that is indeed a "hard-number" multiplication, but if you're not going to get any loot, then 170% of zero is still zero.
    edited 11.03.2013
    You get 70% more resources with looting commanders because 70% of flat number = another flat number. +70% to 1000 would be 1700.

When it come of equipment, the rate that is increased would be the chance to get a better item. So, +100% of 20% chance to get an epic.

Say you're attacking a lvl10 RB, and the chances to get the tiers of equipment are as follow (these are made up, not facts)

ordinary - 100%
    rare - 30%
    epic - 5%
    legendary - 1%

Then with 100% commander your chance would be (roughly)

ordinary - 100% (can't get higher then 100%)
    rare - 60%
    epic - 10%
    legendary - 2%
    aga110 @ uk 1
    edited 11.03.2013
    The thing is it says "+100% find better items", not +100% chances of finding better items.

I completely realise how it all works, same goes for feasting and many, many other things. My point is that they really need to clarify when something is a "hard number" and when it's not.

100% more fries is twice as much to anyone on this planet. 100% more fries giving only 1 more fry is not only wrong, it is also illegal.

Guess I'm getting too deep into this, but GGS really need to work not only on their wordings but also on providing at least a little more information or one day they will become unstuck legally. I'm just trying to do them a favour here :)
    It's been a while.....

• Ante55Ante55 Posts: 1,156
    edited 11.03.2013
    I don't get it either how it works really

All I think of is theories like this:

Your commander has +0% find better items bonus

You attack a lvl 35 RBC and there is a:
    *11% chance of finding Common
    *47% chance of finding Rare
    *22% chance of finding a Epic
    *10% chance of finding a Legendary

Adding a +1% bonus to the commander there is a
    *10% chance of finding Common
    *48% chance of finding Rare
    *22% chance of finding Epic
    *10% chance of finding Legendary

Clearly it doesn't work that way so give us the stats GGS please
    Ante55 @ skn 1 "Really you are actually reading this?!" ?(

Need info about RBCs? Click on this Link!
    http://deathorgloryalliance.blogspot.in/

Watch my new idea of a new event! Click on this link ! http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?59572-New-Event-The-Conquest-of-Forlarn-Valley&highlight=forlarn

Also please use the search function!
    edited 11.03.2013
    Not sure if your numbers are right there ante. How does that explain that you can find legendary items with a standard commander with no percentage increase?
    It's been a while.....

• Ante55Ante55 Posts: 1,156
    edited 11.03.2013
    Not sure if your numbers are right there ante. How does that explain that you can find legendary items with a standard commander with no percentage increase?

You know that it was supposed to not be correct? That was just one of many theories of how I thought it would work before reading this

Also GGS aren't giving out the information, the Board members are etc CMs and Moderators

And when I read there discussion of next patch threads they always write simple like this (for example)
    *There is now a glory reduction for opening gates (no numbers, not specific that it effects honor and alliance glory)
    *There is now new Equipment for commanders and castellans so they can strengthen soldiers or travel faster (So how does the function work then)

I made a thread a long time ago about trying to figure out how travel speed works, the only problems that they have rounded up numbers on the map so it is impossible to know how the system works.

Some say they know the formula and I have messaged them (YEAH I know who you are don't try to hide!!!!!!) and I have tried to message them but nooo answers
    Ante55 @ skn 1 "Really you are actually reading this?!" ?(

Need info about RBCs? Click on this Link!
    http://deathorgloryalliance.blogspot.in/

Watch my new idea of a new event! Click on this link ! http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?59572-New-Event-The-Conquest-of-Forlarn-Valley&highlight=forlarn

Also please use the search function!
  • Lord PorkyLord Porky Posts: 2,967
    edited 11.03.2013
    My items say, "Increases the chance of finding strong items by" and the percentage is given, so that's pretty clear-cut.

As for legal action against GGS on this matter, I'd say the plaintiff's lawyers themselves would need some strong items, such as, "Increases the legal team's chances of success by 50,000%." :p

Still wouldn't bet real money on them, however. Might pay a few in-game Rubies to see how the case went. ^^

Baldrick, you're right about the fries - if 100% more is what's promised, then a double-size portion should be delivered. That is a different thing, though, than a chance of getting fries (or anything else).
    edited 11.03.2013
    On the indivdual pieces of equipment it does say 'increases chance of finding strong items', but on the commander summary it just says 'find better items'. To be honest neither of them make perfect sense, and I guess they should change both of them to something like "Increase chance of findding better equipment by x%". Who knows, maybe they'll clear up the description after reading this thread...
    aga110 @ uk 1
  • dodu (GB1)dodu (GB1) Posts: 177
    edited 11.03.2013
    100% find better items.

as every one will know, this is GGS logic :)
    dodu @ en 1

Proud member of BSK-AlliedOrder

I am a non ruby buyer with 2 lvl 2 bakery, 3 lvl 4 bakery, 1 lvl 6 bakery, 1 lvl 8 bakery, 1 lvl 2 stable and 1 lvl 3 stable 8)

#yoloblomlmtaasosbtdpwkeoboiodawcheoboitod (http://youtu.be/xn7ZaT3AgoU?t=10m38s)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file