Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A Tale of Hypocrisy and overbearing

Comments

• curlbrah (US1)curlbrah (US1) Posts: 1,358
    edited 22.12.2012
    It's sad to see players being extorted for rubies. At least its over and you wont be bullied anymore.
    curlbrah @ usa 1
  • Lenzabi (US1)Lenzabi (US1) Posts: 2,517
    edited 22.12.2012
    curlbrah wrote: »
    It's sad to see players being extorted for rubies. At least its over and you wont be bullied anymore.

Had to protect the lower echelon players who had not been raped yet, just me and a select few would have stayed in longer, but I did have others to think about., Next fight,m we will all be ready with harder resolve as this whole affair has left all of RandomChaos with a strong sense of the wrongness of such attacks. Level 60's on level 39 and such. Yes, over, now we are also still free, and part of a collection of alliances who will lend help if such BS occurs again. We may not start it, but we plan to definitely finish it.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

No longer liking GGS games.

To Captain Dunsel!
    edited 24.12.2012
    On another note. Regarding the creation of mega-power blocks, Leviathan is going for 50? Already big enough, these super mega blocks are what is turning the game into unnecessary scrambles to get under an umbrella of Lev/Neph/Misc/whatever. I really feel Good Games needed to make it harder for such a thing to occur.... they have unbalanced the game as well with the mega-blocks to also hogging capitals via their sub branches, not Just Lev is guilty here, but I know they have at least 4 capitals in their grip alone. It would not surprise me if Nephilim has done the same in the cold war between the two giants. How is this balanced for all other players?
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • edited 25.12.2012
    Lenzabi wrote: »
    On another note. Regarding the creation of mega-power blocks, Leviathan is going for 50? Already big enough, these super mega blocks are what is turning the game into unnecessary scrambles to get under an umbrella of Lev/Neph/Misc/whatever. I really feel Good Games needed to make it harder for such a thing to occur.... they have unbalanced the game as well with the mega-blocks to also hogging capitals via their sub branches, not Just Lev is guilty here, but I know they have at least 4 capitals in their grip alone. It would not surprise me if Nephilim has done the same in the cold war between the two giants. How is this balanced for all other players?

Wat?

We started just under 4 months ago and we built the Misc alliance using sweat, blood and a lot of rubies.
    We Misc stand together and recruit only miscers - NO ONE else.
    When we started Misc got attacked daily and got attacked constantly and relentlessly.
    We were involved in so many fights and the odds were definitely stacked against us.
    Its not easy being in a mid tier alliance, its the worst time out there that we call the real world.

Didn't stop us though.
    What I learnt in life is that throw enough money at a computer screen and the problem will go away.
    Certainly worked in this game.

But if you can't afford the rubies then join up with another alliance (you were with Levi I believe) and suckle from their warmth, until you are strong enough to strike forth on your own.

Best wishes for your money earning goals of 2013.
    edited 25.12.2012
    Money making was not my point. Monster power blocks is an issue that has I think for many, made the game less fun, maybe more stressful, as picking targets gets silly due to the worry that power blocks will all come down like an avalanche down on them. Then add that some are at the point where they are far to big and powerful singly to be fair attacks on those well under them, based on what I have seen, level 60's are in a league alone in power disparity, you have to be a 60 to succeed against a 60. Unless that level 60 is very lazy. the original game concept is evident, you have one alliance, you have 5 pact slots for allied alliances, and the 5 NAA slots for others that you wish to trade with, but do not care to fight for. The Mega blocks have broken this concept and made it to a point where you have to be part of some other monster group, or at least a grouping with enough power and respect NOT to be picked on or farmed, etc. by these4 subbranches of the Uber blocks. we left partly due to the way folks were shaking in their boots of the Lev attachment to our original name. It has become less about the game's rules and such and the way the Uber blocks are saying it will be past the game designer's original concept of this game.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • edited 25.12.2012
    Money making was not my point. Monster power blocks is an issue that has I think for many, made the game less fun, maybe more stressful, as picking targets gets silly due to the worry that power blocks will all come down like an avalanche down on them. Then add that some are at the point where they are far to big and powerful singly to be fair attacks on those well under them, based on what I have seen, level 60's are in a league alone in power disparity, you have to be a 60 to succeed against a 60. Unless that level 60 is very lazy. the original game concept is evident, you have one alliance, you have 5 pact slots for allied alliances, and the 5 NAA slots for others that you wish to trade with, but do not care to fight for. The Mega blocks have broken this concept and made it to a point where you have to be part of some other monster group, or at least a grouping with enough power and respect NOT to be picked on or farmed, etc. by these4 subbranches of the Uber blocks. we left partly due to the way folks were shaking in their boots of the Lev attachment to our original name. It has become less about the game's rules and such and the way the Uber blocks are saying it will be past the game designer's original concept of this game.

What is your proposed solution?
  • edited 25.12.2012
    You don't get that levels don't mean shit. As a level 40 I've beaten several level 60s, both in attack and defence. A lot of people focus purely on leveling whereas other people like to focus more on battling and improving their castles/ops without leveling much.

Also I couldn't help but point out the hypocrisy in you complaining about one alliance with 60 men versus one alliance with 15 men when you personally participated in a war of fifty+ alliances against one and I even saw that you proudly stated on the first page how your entire alliance picked one single person as a target and tried to attack him for weeks straight.

Strong fair play and hypocrisy, no respect from me at all. I know levi are a bunch of hypocrit snakes, and I consider you to be one of them. Don't start crying now when you've been on the other side of things and even proudly refer to your bullying actions. I should declare on you just for the lulz.
    edited 26.12.2012
    Well, my solution likely would not work now that the horses have left the barn, but good games did once have it so you had an alliance which could pact with 5 and NAA with another 5.This limit however as we have seen has gone and been done away with via the mega blocks.

Yes, I did say proudly we had to use an entire alliance under orders in that lopsided war to hit targets. Yes I admit that we did use the bulk of our alliance(some were never up to it) to try and handle a level 60 who mostly held open gates, and based on his letting us do it, (Never once did he send attacks) we either did suppress that one with all that expenditure of effort, or he found it so amusing as to not worry about us due to our being so low) In all honesty we counted ourselves lucky he never did, because according to the reports, he had plenty enough to send and hit any of us which would knock one of us out each time. I would love however to know how a lower level does knock out a 60. Presently the only way to blunt a Kings Guard heavy assault from some is to hope you have enough def tools and def troops to kill them all as they hit, and we found that they do a fair number of killing even when they do die. I also said we were under orders at the time. Never heard of a change of heart. I bet had we simply never bothered, Lev would still have done okay w/o us as we are or were so small at the time. Hate the game, not the playah. notice we left Levi, no longer taking their orders, we fight more freely, we still adhere to certain concepts as not all were so bad, but others got odd, and others yet more complex, and well, after seeing the capital soldiers in action and how big some of the major branches are I do have to wonder why so many were needed across the server when they have that much power to wield? Sometimes one must get out of the forest so that the trees do not block the vision of it all. BUt if you want to come at me one on one, THAT is part of this game man. I can use the glory win or lose
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • IskiplegdayIskiplegday Posts: 76
    edited 26.12.2012
    Are you talking about STD? If so, yes, he would push your shit in.
    8) Iskiplegday @ usa 1 8)

ScreenShot2013-01-04at80637PM_zps0b566d3c-1_zps0b8843e0.jpg
  • JonBerserk7 (US1)JonBerserk7 (US1) Posts: 9,135
    edited 26.12.2012

anyone else notice that in red?
    how do they have 4 capitols? there are only 4 in USA 1, and we have one.
    JonBerserk7 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #TheDreamLivesOn
    edited 26.12.2012
    Are you talking about STD? If so, yes, he would push your shit in.

Nah, it was Retsef who we interacted like that with in that attempt.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
    edited 26.12.2012
    anyone else notice that in red?
    how do they have 4 capitols? there are only 4 in USA 1, and we have one.

My mistake then, I know that Lev has their own, and they had sub branches take capitals. forgot which ones. with 50 of them it is hard to keep track. And there are just 4 of them? I thought someone mentioned more showed up. Not likely to get one that fast anytime soon so again, hard to tell.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • edited 26.12.2012
    u wot m8???
    edited 26.12.2012
    Yeah, that is a pretty lame reason, and I see that being a lev toady was what they wanted of us, all sub branch leaders are afraid of being excommunicated from the "family" and loosing that umbrella of Leviathan.
    Many players were afraid to hit back as they saw "Leviathan" in our name and descriptor, making them fear a massive retribution. Where is the fun factor if folks are gonna sit back, take it, and not say anything, or fight back, or worse, whine at me just coz the name is protecting me? Yes, the mere add on of being in one of the major blocks lowers the chances that folks will try to at least retaliate and make themselves stronger by even the attempt to hit back failure can teach many lessons, but they will not learn if they are afraid that their 10person alliance at the time or their 20-30 man alliance trembles in fear of reprisals by all those sub branches. Especially when war says all rules are thrown out the window for the sake of convenience.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

To Captain Dunsel!
  • edited 26.12.2012
    u wot m8???
  • IskiplegdayIskiplegday Posts: 76
    edited 26.12.2012
    Pandas will be extinct soon.
    8) Iskiplegday @ usa 1 8)

ScreenShot2013-01-04at80637PM_zps0b566d3c-1_zps0b8843e0.jpg
  • anguspepperer (US1)anguspepperer (US1) Posts: 816
    edited 26.12.2012
    Pandas will be extinct soon.

You make the worst posts on this forum. Delete your account and quit empire.
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • edited 27.12.2012
    caliwoods pls
  • caliwoodscaliwoods Posts: 269
    edited 27.12.2012
    HaHa, what a life you live
    8) King caliwoods the Terrible @ usa 1 8)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 27.12.2012
    It's difficult to blame Leviathan for the number of alliances under their umbrella; of all their family alliances, I would bank on the assumption that very few of them were approached by Leviathan. I think up-and-coming alliances seek protection until it is time to break out of their shells, and Leviathan provides that. It may not be the case with all the alliances I'm referring to, but one flaw here is that when a member gets strong enough, they can be "promoted" and moved into another alliance. This hinders the small alliances from prospering, but ironically not against their will.

It would not be difficult for you to do the same thing, Lenzabi. THE MISC is approached on a regular basis by alliances who want to call themselves part of our family. We turn most away because their ideals are to play the game in peace, and it is not our intention to lie and say we desire the same. Wanting peace, however, is understandable since very few of those who approach us are level 60, but even our members are thrown into the fray from very low levels and we hold allies to the same standards. It teaches them what to expect in a real war and pushes them to improve. Our new recruits who can hack it stick around and strive to improve, and those who can't simply stop playing. We don't miss them.

I've rambled, but Lenzabi, my point is that there are hundreds of alliances on USA1 looking to be part of something bigger. As long as you gain some credibility and treat others with fairness - not necessarily with kindness, but with fairness - then you will quickly start to be approached by people who look up to you and may soon find yourself in charge of an uber alliance of your own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file