Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Battle animations?

13»

Comments

• Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 16.12.2012
    Elfangor wrote: »
    Perhaps they will improve on the animations after a while. It probably took a very long time to make these ones, and I think they did a good job. Once you get used to where the info is at, it's fine! I haven't had any lag though, so I can't really comment on that. All in all, I think this was a nice change GGE! :)

Sorry elf, but Im bored of it, lol. We got attacked a lot lately, and I would have paid to see those normal reports :)
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
  • Royale2Royale2 Posts: 69
    edited 16.12.2012
    I agree with you guys. It looked cool for the first couple of times but I think that they should make the animations a bit more complex, I guess that would make even MORE lag though
    Count Palatine Royale of the Royales
  • edited 21.12.2012
    Can we please address this? The lag caused by this animation is killing me.
  • luka6luka6 Posts: 22
    edited 21.12.2012
    i like the animation but it's making me lag and yes it's the same picture
    so diffidently there should be on/off button
    luka6 @ usa 1
  • edited 23.12.2012
    All I want for Christmas is for my computer to not freeze every time I open a combat report.
  • Empire_LordEmpire_Lord Posts: 254
    edited 23.12.2012
    Ow I start know the problem!
    IT MAY CAUSE LAG IF YOU CLEAR CACHE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Critizm Allowed But Be Polite And Remember 'No One Perfect'

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd
    English 1 or United Kingdom 1
  • westterry89westterry89 Posts: 218
    edited 23.12.2012
    ODBM wrote: »
    All I want for Christmas is for my computer to not freeze every time I open a combat report.
    i think you should put "all i want for Christmas is a new computer" :)
    westterry89 @ usa 1

Alliance: .ELITE Warriors

We are in peaceful mode :)

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/red^_^arial^_^0^_^0^_^.ELITE Warriors%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • westterry89westterry89 Posts: 218
    edited 23.12.2012
    Ow I start know the problem!
    IT MAY CAUSE LAG IF YOU CLEAR CACHE!
    but i thought clearing your cache on other thing is good, but this is actually weird, i never knew about this.
    westterry89 @ usa 1

Alliance: .ELITE Warriors

We are in peaceful mode :)

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/red^_^arial^_^0^_^0^_^.ELITE Warriors%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 23.12.2012
    My computer is not the greatest, but this game does have a memory leak and tends to lag regardless of what machine you play it on. This is even more obvious when you have a fully extended and upgraded castle and are in a large alliance. The battle animation is just one more thing that contributes to the lag.
  • AgentYAgentY Posts: 713
    edited 24.12.2012
    I have an old dell computer that's about 6-8 years old. It NEVER lags when I play. Probably cause I barely have any files.
    LegionOfKillers

Not to be messed with

International 2
    My reaction when I look at my enemies' castles after I attack them:
    "Stop! It's too bright!!"
    My original and new event idea: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?64214-The-Banished-King-New-Event&highlight=banished+king
    Also, please use the search engine. There are hundreds of threads on one topic.
  • swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 24.12.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I may be jumping the gun here, but the new "battle animations" show no detail whatsoever and cause lag.

I've had a look so see if it's possible to switch them off but as yet I can find no option to do this.

Can we please have this included in the turn animations off option?

I've looked at three battle reports and I'm bored with it already.

Sorry to be so negative, but I see no benefit to having something that slows the game yet gives nothing in return.

i personely like it, though i think there should be an option for battle animations or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Destiny Awaits...
  • Royale2Royale2 Posts: 69
    edited 02.03.2013
    I find it kind of annoying because the first time I saw it it took me two minutes to find the actual details. And if you attack someone and lose or they attack you and les it LOOKS THE SAME!.
    Count Palatine Royale of the Royales
  • DarknessGhostDarknessGhost Posts: 433
    edited 02.03.2013
    i hate these battle animations
    Darknessghost @ en1
  • PaffricPaffric Posts: 24
    edited 13.04.2013
    I don't attack a lot but I agree. The old report was much better.
    Paffric @ WWW 1
    Member of IH Titns Shadow
    Currently level 47
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingWhiteFangKingWhiteFang Posts: 120
    edited 13.04.2013
    I declare this combat repport update the most pointles update in online gaming history.
    KingWhiteFang WWW 1

Proud Deputy of HA~COBRA Venom

I am against the new spy reports + NEW MAP and constantly buggy updates. Please revoke. Also if you are against this too add it to your Signature so that GGE will realize that we don't want it! GGS please talk to the Community before doing future updates and get their opinion on things first.

Experience: more than 2 years of playing
    Maximum level achieved: was 56 before went on a vocation without internet.
    Current level: 48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikesmight123 (GB1)mikesmight123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 714
    edited 29.05.2013
    ive seen pics of the old report and i think the old one is better.
  • BanchoLeoBLBanchoLeoBL Posts: 96
    edited 29.05.2013
    It's all true and when you lag you waste time and if you waste time you'll be missing out the things you could do
    Power over mind,mind over power.
    Your choice...:thumbsup:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Aim high and keep dreaming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [video]
    How does this make you feel?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights