Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Battle animations?

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
I may be jumping the gun here, but the new "battle animations" show no detail whatsoever and cause lag.

I've had a look so see if it's possible to switch them off but as yet I can find no option to do this.

Can we please have this included in the turn animations off option?

I've looked at three battle reports and I'm bored with it already.

Sorry to be so negative, but I see no benefit to having something that slows the game yet gives nothing in return.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• gaurav.shadygaurav.shady Posts: 55
    edited 12.12.2012
    an option to turn if off if a player whats will be good
    gaurav.shady @ WWW 1
  • HelmlerHelmler Posts: 978
    edited 12.12.2012
    You beat me too it Baldrick...

I've already posted this on the Update: Discussion thread, there should definitely be an option to have the old style reports since the new ones are terrible; much less easy to read and creating awful amounts of lag, something I've never had a real problem with before.

What a complete waste of time.
    Helmler @ WWW 1 Rayo McQueen @ WWW2

Proud Member of Black~Rose~Fire (in spirit if not body)
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 12.12.2012
    Totally agree.

Now you have to look to the bottom of the screen on the first (lagging) page, then back up again.

I must say, it does look quite good, but if you're going to change something at least make it ALL look the same. With a window that big, they could fit the entire report onto one page instead of showing it wave by wave. That wold be much better for the game.
    It's been a while.....

• Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 12.12.2012
    Just popped in to make pretty much the same post; couldn't agree more.
    I mean, I quite like the style but the animation is fairly substandard and there is no actual improvement to the reports at all. Also, I can't see the animations keeping even the most easily entertained amused for long. I just find it hard to support an update that's purely aesthetic and causes lag but adds nothing to the game-play.
    As mentioned, at least give us the option of switching back to the old style of report.
    White Hayes @ en 1
  • Empire_LordEmpire_Lord Posts: 254
    edited 12.12.2012
    I Like the animations and it not cause lag anymore for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Critizm Allowed But Be Polite And Remember 'No One Perfect'

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd
    English 1 or United Kingdom 1
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 12.12.2012

But it's exactly the same animation, over and over and over and over and over and zzzzzzzz.
    It's been a while.....

edited 12.12.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    But it's exactly the same animation, over and over and over and over and over and zzzzzzzz.

yeah but it seems more better than nothing and all my friend also think it is cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd
  • HelmlerHelmler Posts: 978
    edited 12.12.2012

I imagine you will get bored of it very quickly, at which point you will realise (hopefully) how much better the old one was.
    Helmler @ WWW 1 Rayo McQueen @ WWW2

Proud Member of Black~Rose~Fire (in spirit if not body)
  • SuperYikesSuperYikes Posts: 71
    edited 12.12.2012
    IMO it was a waste of resources for GGE to make this battle screen. I want to turn it off, as it literally provides no purpose outside of bogging down the game. As if the lag wasn't bad enough already.
    SuperYikes @ usa 1
  • JJ5542JJ5542 Posts: 1,580
    edited 12.12.2012
    When I first saw the new combat report the first thing that came into my mind was.....terrible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    JJ554 @ WWW 2, and..... Korea 1
  • alexeptionalalexeptional Posts: 498
    edited 12.12.2012
    i don't mind it really, since they fixed the extreme activity lag thing, it hasnt been affecting me at all, and this update made no difference. i agree there should be an option to turn it off for those that don't like it or is causing lag though. they could hav had a smaller animation screen and included more of the detailed part on the first screen, rather than having to open 3 windows to get a good look.
    alexeptional @ en 1
  • Ante55Ante55 Posts: 1,156
    edited 12.12.2012
    1. Saw the battle animation for the first time "WOW ITS SO COOL GGS ARE AWESOME!
    2. "Yeah its a good battle report"
    3."Ok this is starting to get anoying..."
    4. "Why is my game lagging?"
    5. Oh its the boring animation

Look i like the new animation but i agree to turn it off, one thing i am little dissapointed of is that GGs added this and its ok but i dont see why they dont add other things that makes it easier like buildings showing squares and such that people really want to be inplented
    Ante55 @ skn 1 "Really you are actually reading this?!" ?(

Need info about RBCs? Click on this Link!
    http://deathorgloryalliance.blogspot.in/

Watch my new idea of a new event! Click on this link ! http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?59572-New-Event-The-Conquest-of-Forlarn-Valley&highlight=forlarn

Also please use the search function!
  • J.I. Joe2J.I. Joe2 Posts: 563
    edited 12.12.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I may be jumping the gun here, but the new "battle animations" show no detail whatsoever and cause lag.

I've had a look so see if it's possible to switch them off but as yet I can find no option to do this.

Can we please have this included in the turn animations off option?

I've looked at three battle reports and I'm bored with it already.

Sorry to be so negative, but I see no benefit to having something that slows the game yet gives nothing in return.

I agree entirely.
    While I encourage, even appraise GGS, for the new addition they have provided in visual animations that has been asked for so long, it does provide a huge amount of lag with no info about the battle that you couldn't find some other way.
    Please add the option to remove it.

Again, I'll say that I am dearly impressed by GGS's innovation however.
    J.I. Joe @ International 1
    Valhalla family

Who's Online
  • beiber feverbeiber fever Posts: 281
    edited 12.12.2012
    I am also pretty mad that the animations for loss and victory display the exact same thing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You're an even bigger buzz kill than buzz killington!"
    Find me at international 1! 992:497. Or on miniclip my user is harenjiform! Proud member of STEEL sword.
  • curlbrah (US1)curlbrah (US1) Posts: 1,358
    edited 13.12.2012
    these new reports are one of the worst things i have ever seen in my life. i dont even want to look at reports anymore because i hate it so much.

what gave you the idea to make the numbers so small that you need a magnifying glass to see it?

nobody cares about the animations. all it does is cause more lag.
    switch back to the old reports please.
    curlbrah @ usa 1
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 13.12.2012
    Same here, these reports are really horrible, at least the spy reports are still normal... :(
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dun Gon (INT2)Dun Gon (INT2) Posts: 3,656
    edited 13.12.2012
    Baldrick, you prevented GG from listening to my rant :)
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Retired from duties in September 2015.

Once Leader of Phoenix Sword and the once prominent alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of now collapsed OU. All organizations mentioned above have collapsed or merged into other prominent alliances since. Co-founder of the Force family.

"I have seen many wars fought through my four years on this server. I have seen families rise and fall. I have been members of prominent organizations in International 1 and International 2, and have played in United States 1 with my forum buddies as well. It has shown me many things, but mainly that every action that is partaken in this game and in the world can only be deemed right or wrong depending upon your perspective. Never pass the blame, fight hard to succeed. As a non-ruby player, I managed to create and nurture not one but two of the most successful alliance families in International 2. Believe, there is always another path. Success is determined by the amount of effort you are willing to put in"
  • Adrguy1234Adrguy1234 Posts: 651
    edited 13.12.2012
    I am also pretty mad that the animations for loss and victory display the exact same thing

what are you talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Adrguy1234 @ International 1

#TheDreamLivesOn
  • Molson Beer (US1)Molson Beer (US1) US1 Posts: 8,443
    edited 13.12.2012
    The animations arent bad,I actually think they're pretty cool,but it DOES make my game lag.

:D
    edited 13.12.2012
    Helmler wrote: »
    I imagine you will get bored of it very quickly, at which point you will realise (hopefully) how much better the old one was.

Read my answer to Baldrick that It's Better than nothing,I am still happy until now and of course the new more better and not cause lag(adobe flash player can repair it,I install the latest one) The old is very boring and I remember there are a post by someone to add animations(Maybe Dusan)

And Baldrick,I agree that GGE must add some setting to it NOT DELETE IT,some players may like it,trust me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file