Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

Join the official Goodgame Discord today!

Are you looking for a community of like-minded gamers to discuss your favorite games with? Look no further than the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other gamers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Empire Family Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow warriors from all over the world. Just head to https://discord.gg/goodgamestudios to join the fun!

Barrack upgrade and 2 new units

Lord SmitheLord Smithe Posts: 3,803
i was thinking that there a crossbowman and a maceman and the upgrade for them is two handed swordsmen and heavy crossbowman yet there is no upgrade for swordsman and archers. there should be a 6th barrack upgrade and with that should come a new upgrade swordsman and an archer. i think the archer could be a soldier with an old musket and kind of look like a conquistador. i'm not sure what the upgraded swordsmen should be, mabye a soldier with an axe or like a warhammer or something. the musketman could range somewhere from 70 to 80 damage against melee and ranged units while the axeman could range from 50 to 55 in attack and defense against ranged and melee soldiers. it would basically be an upgraded version of swordsman and archer so they could cost 130 gold or more.
Post edited by Lord Smithe on

Comments

• Sir QilinSir Qilin Posts: 51
    edited 28.10.2012
    yet there is no upgrade for swordsman and archers.
    Where does the currently existing Longbowman fit in then?
  • Lord SmitheLord Smithe Posts: 3,803
    edited 28.10.2012
    a upgraded bowman it seems like
  • Michael764GamerMichael764Gamer Posts: 241
    edited 28.10.2012
    please no muskets and no gunpowder
  • alexeptionalalexeptional Posts: 498
    edited 28.10.2012
    despite gunpowder being used at that time, there wasn't very much of it and it was very unreliable. the sworsmen are currently yseless, and the archers aren't much better. i think we have plenty of troops as it is, with the 10 in the barracks, plus 4 veterens, renegades, maruaders, pyrotechnics etc
  • it904it904 Posts: 168
    edited 28.10.2012
    well mabye but musketmen would not really fit in 2 well and axemen are just renegades from everwinter
    edited 28.10.2012
    well thats kind of the point like spearman and bowman aren't too usefull either you have halberdiers and longbowman to upgrade them sort of. i think this would even the game out if you had upgraded archers and swordsmen and they would obviously be better than them. the musketman and axeman might not work out but there has got to be some other unit that would work. all i'm saying is this would even out the barrack units.
  • warhammererwarhammerer Posts: 537
    edited 22.12.2012
    well i think the idea is 10/10 or a great idea
  • hardcore5hardcore5 Posts: 249
    edited 22.12.2012
    there is veteran macemen, spearmen,bowman and crosbowmen though, so why should there be 2 new units when there is already some?
  • HenryWarrior5HenryWarrior5 Posts: 248
    edited 23.12.2012
    i think there should be 2 new units but it should be:
    LongArcher
    wait a sec no this wouldn't fit in
  • Vastan (INT3)Vastan (INT3) Posts: 550
    edited 23.12.2012
    I really don't think there's a need for more units and also, if they were going to add new units I wouldn't want it to be upgraded swordsmen.. I didn't use them first time round and I doubt I'd use a "improved" version... they're just not good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 23.12.2012
    There are already veterans.
  • icepikaicepika Posts: 767
    edited 23.12.2012
    but no veteran for archer and swordman. Maybe they should add their veteran type like sniper and swordmaster
  • hardcore5hardcore5 Posts: 249
    edited 24.12.2012
    if you want powerful units there are kingsguaurd troops
  • icepikaicepika Posts: 767
    edited 24.12.2012
    not that powerful maybe, but I want to try attack with a unit that have can counter both range and melee. it worth a try :P
    edited 01.01.2013
    icepika wrote: »
    but no veteran for archer and swordman. Maybe they should add their veteran type like sniper and swordmaster
    yes, someone gets it.
  • swag like ohio3swag like ohio3 Posts: 1,853
    edited 01.01.2013
    i was thinking that there a crossbowman and a maceman and the upgrade for them is two handed swordsmen and heavy crossbowman yet there is no upgrade for swordsman and archers. there should be a 6th barrack upgrade and with that should come a new upgrade swordsman and an archer. i think the archer could be a soldier with an old musket and kind of look like a conquistador. i'm not sure what the upgraded swordsmen should be, mabye a soldier with an axe or like a warhammer or something. the musketman could range somewhere from 70 to 80 damage against melee and ranged units while the axeman could range from 50 to 55 in attack and defense against ranged and melee soldiers. it would basically be an upgraded version of swordsman and archer so they could cost 130 gold or more.

This is what they should equal in my opinion:
    veteran Archer: 100 defense on ranged attackers 100 defense on melee attackers 10 ranged attack power
    veteran Swordsman: 70 defense on ranged attackers 70 defense on melee attackers 70 melee attack power
    :) how do you like are the cool?8)
  • humdan123 (US1)humdan123 (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 02.01.2013
    I think there should be cavarly.
    edited 02.01.2013
    humdan1232 wrote: »
    I think there should be cavarly.

yeah there should
  • FlyingBananaManFlyingBananaMan Posts: 72
    edited 02.01.2013
    I support the idea of Musketmen. Although maybe it could be something you research.
    edited 02.01.2013
    I support the idea of Musketmen. Lately i've actually been picturing in my head what they would look like. I'm glad I'm not they only one who thinks its a good idea.

i agree with your idea they would be good for shotting further away that bowmen ( and other ranged people )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file