Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

We need the truth.

I'm not sure whether this counts as a suggestion or as criticism, but we need to know the full story when a new update comes out.

Now, I'm not talking about "teaser trailers", and when the update is a temporary event then I'm happy not knowing the essential details until closer to the event starts. But we need ALL the info when the update is coming out in the next week.

It's a lesser known fact that you were only allowed to level up 150 NPCs in the game. For instance, once you get 150 robber barons to level 2+, you can't then level up another one, although you can carry on attacking new ones over and over with them staying at level 1. This also applies to other world towers - after 110 RBCs and 40 barbarian towers, you can't level up a single desert tower. BUT, that has changed. I had reached that limit. I was actually looking on the positive side and taking advantage of it (long story). Then, Tuesday comes along and I attack a level 1 RBC. IT WENT TO LEVEL 2!

They changed the limit. They made a massive improvement to the game. The only problem? They didn't bother telling us.

Want another example? You know the new architect event? Well, they told us that it would be coming. I bet that many active players were looking forward to this. Only one thing... we didn't know which buildings would get an extra level. Except one building. One small piece of knowledge we had. We knew that the stonemason would be able to be upgraded past level 3. Only problem? It can't. They got the information wrong. Not only did they not bother giving us the basic list of new buildings (forgetting about specifics like new production values and times/costs), but they got the single thing that they told us WRONG. They meant "stone quarry". I'm fine with the ocassional noob accidentally saying "stonemason" instead of "stone quarry", but GGS? The inventors of the game? Really?

I could go on about them not telling us enough about the new kingdoms (the basic 3, NOT the ones in the teaser trailer), the thorn king, research level 2 or even storage level 7 (all they needed to do was to give us 5 digits: 80000), but I've made my point. This has to end now. We need ALL the information as soon as the update is announced or there will be consequences. Previously, our input has given them new ideas or made them rethink old ones. If we don't know what we're trying to stop because we've not been given specifics (that table of population and tax changes was never corrected) then we could be stopping things that would make the game more popular and fairer and better. At the very least, we need the update to be announced early in the week because otherwise, by the time we've looked and asked questions, Goodgame Studios is closed for the weekend.

So I'm adding a poll to this. If you want to know the whole truth from the start, vote "yes". This needs to end now, and it's not going to end until someone does something about it.

Thank you for reading all of this. I know that it's a lot. But this is a real problem that we need to solve. So take just a second to vote on the poll. Or to comment. Please.
BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
Post edited by BobFighter834 (INT2) on

Comments

• xx5000xxxx5000xx Posts: 19
    edited 18.10.2012
    YES! YES! YES!

Even after the update for the move the castle was implemented, even the most basic fundamentals were all mixed in with everything else. I was looking for a few sentences out of like 17 pages of us the players trying to guess what how and what would happen. There needs to be a separate place for us to discuss the event if that is what they want, but the line in the sand needs to be drawn to let us know what the process is to accomplish what we want to do with that update.

All the teaser do is spread misinformation and confusion about what is and what is not in the update.
    xx5000xx @ usa 1
  • Empire_LordEmpire_Lord Posts: 254
    edited 19.10.2012
    Agreed with this we can understand every update quickly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Critizm Allowed But Be Polite And Remember 'No One Perfect'

Empire_Lord
    Member of Crimson Gaurd
    English 1 or United Kingdom 1
  • AmazingArnavAmazingArnav Posts: 46
    edited 19.10.2012
    If you can understand the update very quickly then there is no suspense and excitement!You will not be guessing then,instead you will be knowing what is coming up and just be waiting for it,nothing else!!
    AmazingArnav @ WWW 2
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 19.10.2012
    If you can understand the update very quickly then there is no suspense and excitement!You will not be guessing then,instead you will be knowing what is coming up and just be waiting for it,nothing else!!

But that is not happening. What is supposed to happen is that we get roughly a week's notice telling us what's going to happen and giving us time to prepare. For instance, the reduction in rubies from the barbarian fortress. What will it be reduced to? Knowing this would allow me to make an informed decision about whether or not to try really hard to attack barbarian fortresses this week. If it's being reduced to 75 rubies, I'll go all-out max trying really hard to cram as many attacks in as I can and hopefully manage to get at least 5 attacks a day to get another ton of rubies. But if it's only a reduction to 140 rubies then I'll just try as hard as usual and not go to too much trouble for just a few more rubies.

Or research level 2. This could affect whether or not a level 51 player wants to build that extra woodcutter and stone quarry or whether to focus on the level 4 towers.

And knowing what is coming doesn't mean that we're waiting. We can prepare, stuffing all the resources we can in our main ready for the architect or getting that attack force up for the new event (when it's a bit closer to the time). And even without new stuff, we've still got a lot to do.

The suspense and excitement? That's the bit where you log in and see the "coming soon" notice. It's also the teaser trailer for the new event, whatever it is. I wouldn't call wondering how big the storage capacity for lvl 7 is very fun.

2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
  • k3rb3r05k3rb3r05 Posts: 231
    edited 19.10.2012
    i'd rather like for them to fix the bugs than introduce new things that create more bugs
  • BlackDrgnBlackDrgn Posts: 333
    edited 19.10.2012
    Yes I agree.
    I dislike the fact that I have to wait until the actual update to know anything really.
    I don't want to be in the dark about new changes that could affect me quite drastically.
  • edited 19.10.2012
    Hi guys,

I'll try an give some feedback here so that maybe you can see things here from my point of view.

Firstly, we only get the patch notes from the development team the day before they are posted here, because they are still working on the update content up until that point. Once the development is finished it then has to go through QA before it is finalised. At that point we then have to translate the patch notes and get them ready across all languages before they can be posted.

I understand that they do not always contain all the information that you want to see. We are working hard to internally improve the communication so that we have the information ready to include with the patch notes, but while there are so many bugs that we are working against it is hard to find the time to get the information while at the same time helping support with the requests as well as keeping the forums tidy. I do hope in future that this process will be greatly improved so that we cna provide a better idea of what is coming in the patch.

Of course, we are not going to tell you all the information in advance, some of it you will have to wait and find out!!
    Want another example? You know the new architect event? Well, they told us that it would be coming. I bet that many active players were looking forward to this. Only one thing... we didn't know which buildings would get an extra level. Except one building. One small piece of knowledge we had. We knew that the stonemason would be able to be upgraded past level 3. Only problem? It can't. They got the information wrong. Not only did they not bother giving us the basic list of new buildings (forgetting about specifics like new production values and times/costs), but they got the single thing that they told us WRONG. They meant "stone quarry". I'm fine with the ocassional noob accidentally saying "stonemason" instead of "stone quarry", but GGS? The inventors of the game? Really?

Honestly BobFighter834, i thought you would have already seen the post where i apologised for this one. As i have already stated this was down to a simple translation error. All the patch notes are given to us in German and its up to myself and SamiJo to translate them into English so that they can be read by the community. If you want to fixate on us giving you the wrong information then that is up to you, but this is simply human error.

Regards,
    Malreyn
  • Zan Wrai (GB1)Zan Wrai (GB1) Posts: 317
    edited 19.10.2012
    GGS, we need to know everything in advance. The teaser stories, fine. But the weekly updates, we want everything. If you need more time to prepare the update, take a week off the updates. Then tell us everything about them. Make them every two weeks. If that's what you need, fine. But tell us EVERYTHING from now on. OK?
    Zan Wrai @ en 1. High General of a Christian alliance, Summa Renovamen.
  • Erik the Red2Erik the Red2 Posts: 1,793
    edited 19.10.2012
    Thank you very much for your reasons for us not knowing all that's in the updates. If it is not the CM's faults that we don't know everything that's in the updates, please pass the poll results so far onto the development team. Also please ask them for me why they don't tell us everything in these updates. Things like the rewards for the new event, fine, but some of the things are ridiculous.
    Erik the Red @ en1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RighteousBob449RighteousBob449 Posts: 829
    edited 19.10.2012
    Blue-question-mark.jpg&w=226&h=246&ei=BmOBUNe1Doam8gSlh4HICA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=267&vpy=213&dur=1233&hovh=196&hovw=180&tx=106&ty=73&sig=118186818218462237323&page=5&tbnh=145&tbnw=133&start=92&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:79,s:20,i:372Agreed we need to know details about events or we are going to learn it the hard way and that is not fun i mean the more details probably more people doing the event/challenge/etc.?(?(?(
    RighteousBob449 @ usa1

I Am Proudly A Member Of GoodGameEmpire..THE BEST GAME EVER.

Lion Supporter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sword Of Truth Wing Manager
    If you have a question about anything at all, Just pm me and I will try my best to answer it.
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 19.10.2012
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Honestly BobFighter834, i thought you would have already seen the post where i apologised for this one. As i have already stated this was down to a simple translation error. All the patch notes are given to us in German and its up to myself and SamiJo to translate them into English so that they can be read by the community. If you want to fixate on us giving you the wrong information then that is up to you, but this is simply human error.

Regards,
    Malreyn

I saw you apologise but I didn't hear the full story. Human error once in that situation is just about acceptable. I know you try as hard as you can and if you're translating 4/5 decent sized paragraphs of German every week (more often with those teaser trailers), then it seems like an honest mistake.

But the main point in that example was that we didn't even get a list. One slight translation error out of a list of 6 buildings might have been okay. In fact, if we'd got the list, we would have worked out that either the woodcutter or stonemason was wrong.

Hold the update for half a year if you want. But we need to know the FULL STORY FROM THE BEGINNING.

• Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 19.10.2012
    I think the main issue is that the information needs to pass through the CMs in order to get to us. The fact that the CMs have to translate this information is terrible. GGS should provide the CMs with the correct information in the correct language in order to post on the forums.

GGS have no direct contact with their customers. They prefer to leave it up to unpaid, overworked CMs who do a fantastic job. But that job is not theirs, it's Goodgame Studio's job to inform it's customers what's going on in the game. All the CMs should have to do is to pass that information onto us.

GGS, get it sorted out! The discussion for new events and updates should be managed by GGS themselves and monitored by the CMs.

It's COMMUNITY moderator, not GAME moderator!
    It's been a while.....

• Lord HarithLord Harith Posts: 129
    edited 19.10.2012
    YES! I totally agree with this. Most building updates are useless to me, as i'm only level 27, but it is SO annoying not knowing if something changed or you're losing your mind! I didn't know about the "move your castle" thing until weeks after it came out.
    Lord Harith of S.S.R. @ usa 1
  • dodu (GB1)dodu (GB1) Posts: 177
    edited 16.03.2013
    I dont know what the 2 people who said definatly not were thinking, unless they dont play the game or look at the updates.
    dodu @ en 1

Proud member of BSK-AlliedOrder

I am a non ruby buyer with 2 lvl 2 bakery, 3 lvl 4 bakery, 1 lvl 6 bakery, 1 lvl 8 bakery, 1 lvl 2 stable and 1 lvl 3 stable 8)

#yoloblomlmtaasosbtdpwkeoboiodawcheoboitod (http://youtu.be/xn7ZaT3AgoU?t=10m38s)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file