Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Water mills, rivers and water resource

Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
Well, personally, I think the scenery near your castle is quite boring-Stone Quarry, Forest, Fields, Hunting lodge. BORING. So, I was thinking, if you had a river next to you on the world map, the river could appear next to your castle, and a new resource would be introduced. Water. I mean, if there is food, you definetely need water, so you would get a new building. A water mill. Good?

But wait. What if you are not next to a river? Well, there would be free spots along rivers where you could build water mills. It would kind of show up as a fourth outpost, but with a blue coloured line instead of white. In Everwinter Glacier, you get it from those tiny little lakes, but it would not look like it does in The Great Empire. The Burning Sands, it's next to an oasis, again, different design. In Fire Peaks . . . You extract it from the ground?

I will add a poll to see what you think. Also, tell me anything that you think will improve the idea.
Post edited by Cyclone14 (INT1) on
The Completely Insane,
Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!

Comments

• evets42evets42 Posts: 25
    edited 01.10.2012
    This seems actually pretty interesting! But would there be a limit to water mills, and could other players capture yours?
    evets4 @ WWW 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Useless Soldier...
  • edited 01.10.2012
    The use of water has no other use than the use of "food". Very vague in the use of this "water"
  • Cyclone14 (INT1)Cyclone14 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11,909
    edited 01.10.2012
    evets42 wrote: »
    This seems actually pretty interesting! But would there be a limit to water mills, and could other players capture yours?

I think it would be 1 Water Mill per person, and they could capture yours.
    The use of water has no other use than the use of "food". Very vague in the use of this "water"

What other uses do you think it could have? Maybe moats could dry out, and you need water to refill? It increases public order? It makes crops grow quicker?
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

One of the old-timers, long since departed from this land — my inbox, however, remains open!
  • edited 01.10.2012
    Exactly! There should be more uses if you're going to add a whole new resource, but keep that thinking brain going.
    edited 01.10.2012
    Okay . . .

Dry Moats
    Public Order
    Food
    Quicker crops
    Trading

That's all I can think of.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

• BaiDuoShenBaiDuoShen Posts: 87
    edited 01.10.2012
    Cyclone14 wrote: »
    Okay . . .

Dry Moats
    Public Order
    Food
    Quicker crops
    Trading

That's all I can think of.

Exactly. It adds more complexity to the game.
    BaiDuoShen @ usa 1
  • kotaro11kotaro11 Posts: 24
    edited 01.10.2012
    it makes the game alot more fun and faster crops means bigger army
    Signed,

kotaro11
    Head Councilman of the ARCANIAN EMPIRE council
    Vice President of the Officers United
    Officers United web link: http://officersunited.yolasite.com
    ARCANIAN EMPIRE Chat room: http://us6.chatzy.com/55358213690225
    STF Website: http://stforg.yolasite.com/
    edited 01.10.2012
    Thank you for your positive feedback.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

• HT45HT45 Posts: 203
    edited 01.10.2012
    well one you have a moat you could build one but I think water should be added on as food at the level 37 when you get your moat and the water mill would help production for your food.
    So give a bit more thought next time please.
    HT45
    @ UK 1
    general of Athnon
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 01.10.2012
    I don't want to spoil the party guys, but every castle/outpost has a well/wells. Each field has one, it's a little building with a little roof. That's where the water comes from.

Also, being a level 60, I really don't want another building cluttering up my already finished castles.
    It's been a while.....

• PeterKlintingPeterKlinting Posts: 336
    edited 01.10.2012
    Very interesting...
    The water mill could also be used to decrease the repair time in a castle that has been attacked. You could like ''store'' some water and then use the water to stop the burn; it could decrease the time by something like 10% and upgrade it to level 2 (20%) for rubies? Or like some of your other say: it could be a ''capture and get a benefit''
    Always remember to enjoy the game

PeterKlinting @ international 1
  • FlyingpigzFlyingpigz Posts: 294
    edited 02.10.2012
    i like the idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    -Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy
    edited 02.10.2012
    yea great improvement
    HT45
    @ UK 1
    general of Athnon
    edited 02.10.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    I don't want to spoil the party guys, but every castle/outpost has a well/wells. Each field has one, it's a little building with a little roof. That's where the water comes from.

Also, being a level 60, I really don't want another building cluttering up my already finished castles.

But, don't you find the scenery around the castle a bit boring? Even if this isn't a good idea, wouldn't it be nice to have something else other than the boring old Stone Quarry, Forest, and Fields?
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

edited 02.10.2012
    Cyclone14 wrote: »
    But, don't you find the scenery around the castle a bit boring? Even if this isn't a good idea, wouldn't it be nice to have something else other than the boring old Stone Quarry, Forest, and Fields?

good point I mean you now at the top left corner were you have a forest well they could clear the trees and make a stream and at level37 (because that's when you start getting water products) you could build a water mill which would help with food production.
    hope this goes through well
    HT45
    @ UK 1
    general of Athnon
    edited 02.10.2012
    Thank you.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

edited 02.10.2012
    great! your wellcome
    HT45
    @ UK 1
    general of Athnon
  • QuentinVanceQuentinVance Posts: 2
    edited 02.10.2012
    How about this - no water mills in the castle (there are already many buildings and it wouldn't be fair to the players who got placed away from rivers). Instead, new occupiable "outpost" spots would be generated along rivers in the game. Each player could capture one (or 2, 3, or one for each outpost they have, or depending on the level of their marketplace, etc...), and you would have to choose what you can build there. I don't think they should be attackable, because that would only further split defenders up. You should be able to choose between one of several upgrades to build there:
    Watermill - 10% (20, 30) bonus to wood & stone production in main castle (or all castles)
    Irrigation pump - 20% (35, 50) bonus to food production in main castle (or all castles)
    Fishing Wharf - +500 (750, 1000) food production in main castle
    Trade port - extra gold? bonus to tax income? extra market barrows? Gold bonus for each market barrow sent?
    Military port - bonus to troop movement speed? or extra tools, or bonus to tool speed?

Edit:
    Public swimming area (or paddleboats :-) ) - bonus public order
    Moat canal (or pumphouse) - bonus to moat defenses
    Clay pits (or brickworks or pottery workshop) - cheaper buildings / faster building speed / bonus public order (pottery increases quality of life)

Some of the above could be ruby buildings, or have ruby variants (i.e., Irrigation pump = resources, small bonus to food production, vs. Fishing Wharf = rubies, big bonus to food production)
    QuentinVance @ en 1
    edited 02.10.2012
    THAT is a VERY good improvement to the suggestion.
    The Completely Insane,
    Cyclone14

• Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 02.10.2012
    Why would a watermill reduce repair time? Repairs cost stone and wood. The fire is just a graphical system used to show where the damage is. To repair a building you need to "reconstruct it". The current system for improving repair time is implemented by upgrading the keep.

Why would having a watermill increase food production? As I said before, every field has a well in it, this is where the water comes from. Anyways, a watermill doesn't produce water anyway, it's a MILL! It grinds flour using moving water as a propellant for the system of wheels and cogs that turn the grindstone. We already have a windmill which does that job. What you're asking is for two mills!

And that last suggestion of increasing various things would only replace the current research which costs millions of resources and lots and lots of time. Just wait until you're level 37 and you'll get it like everyone else. Or buy some rubies and increase some of those things with overseers.

Lastly, a building outside the castle which cannot be attacked? Very realistic. Why on earth would an enemy want to destroy an unprotected building?

Sorry for being so negative but this idea has no founding, technical or tactical.
    It's been a while.....

Sign In to comment.