Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

NPCs not levelling up

BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
edited 16.02.2014 in Players ask Players
I attacked a Desert Fortress to try and get a map piece for the renegades. It was level 35 (with 1 remaining), and after the attack, it was still level 35 (with 1 remaining). I attacked it again (there was no fire), and after the attack, it was STILL level 35 (1 remaining).

I seem to remember someone saying once that you can only level up 1500 NPCs in any kingdom. I've done some searches - on this forum and even on Google (adding "site:" and then the name of this site) - and I can't a single thread even mentioning that.

So, is that true? I doubt that I have actually attacked 1500 NPCs, so is the number right? If it is, is there any way that I can level up anything ever again?

I'm not even in Fire Peaks and would have liked to level up even just 1 of the towers in that kingdom. I've only got literally 1 tower which I can level up in Burning Sands, but it did level up properly. If I can't level up another NPC, then I want to know why this rule was put in place.

EDIT: 4 level 1 RBCs I attacked didn't level up either.
BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
Post edited by BobFighter834 (INT2) on

Comments

• xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 23.09.2012
    I think you added one more zero Bob ^...^, It is not 1'500 is 150, and you'll not level up the NPC's again sadly, if you have reached that limit
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 23.09.2012
    xJadetsssx wrote: »
    I think you added one more zero Bob ^...^, It is not 1'500 is 150, and you'll not level up the NPC's again sadly, if you have reached that limit

Ahh... I thought 1500 was way too much. But I was close. :P I got 3 digits correct.

Why 150? Why was this rule made? What is the logic behind it? Was the number quadrupled when the number of kingdoms and therefore NPCs was quadrupled?

This is so unfair. I might have been fine with 150 per kingdom. I might have been fine with 600 total. I would have been very happy with unlimited in all kingdoms. But I'm not going to do well in Fire Peaks. I got my hopes up with you telling me about all the coins from the towers, but now I'm disappointed. I won't be able to complete the tower quests in the kingdom, except for the first 2 (attack 1 and then attack 2 of the lowest level tower in the kingdom).

So, why? Why has GGS done this to me, and to everyone?

2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    edited 23.09.2012
    Ahh... I thought 1500 was way too much. But I was close. :P I got 3 digits correct.

Why 150? Why was this rule made? What is the logic behind it? Was the number quadrupled when the number of kingdoms and therefore NPCs was quadrupled?

This is so unfair. I might have been fine with 150 per kingdom. I might have been fine with 600 total. I would have been very happy with unlimited in all kingdoms. But I'm not going to do well in Fire Peaks. I got my hopes up with you telling me about all the coins from the towers, but now I'm disappointed. I won't be able to complete the tower quests in the kingdom, except for the first 2 (attack 1 and then attack 2 of the lowest level tower in the kingdom).

So, why? Why has GGS done this to me, and to everyone?

who knows why bob, I can still level up the towers, because I know I haven't attacked 150 different Robber Barons, Barbarian/Desert/Cultists' Towers, but is sad knowing there is a limit :(, and if you're asking where I got the info from it was from Hannes (CM Pinky)
    TD7ircx.png

xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
    edited 23.09.2012
    Thanks Jadet.

Does anyone else, possibly a mod, know the answer to any of those questions?

On the bright side, I can continue attacking level 1 RBCs with a single shadow soldier (shadows don't use commanders) without having to move further and further away each time to find the RBCs. I don't have to find far away desert towers for the renegades, either.

On the negative side, I can never get the rubies from the quests in Fire Peaks. I will always struggle with the Desert Tower quests (I have to defeat defeat 3 level 36+ towers, but by the time that I have attacked the single lvl-able tower 3 times, it will be 39). Eventually, I may even struggle with the Barbarian Towers, because I only have a dozen or so of them levelled up.

I didn't get a warning. I can't see this mentioned in the game. It didn't even tell me after I had hit the limit. WHY???

This is ridiculous, GGS. Get it sorted. I've had enough. I'm acting like it's okay that we have the missing troops bug. I'm trying to be positive when it comes to the Everwinter village limit, despite me naturally being a pessimist. I looked at the good things with the capital. For weeks, I have been telling people to calm down when I know that something is really wrong. But this is the final straw. You do not want me as an enemy. Before I go, I will tell everyone in the game to quit, explaining why in lots of depth. Change this. I'm not asking for much.

You seem to have enough time to design new events, and new types of castles. You have enough time to add new things that ruin the game. You lowered the limit of villages. Now higher the limit of NPC castles.

Or. Else.

edited 23.09.2012
    My question here is, why this Limit exist?, to prevent what? you're pretty smart so you have any Idea Bob why this is limited, I mean a higher limit won't harm anyone...
    TD7ircx.png

xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
    edited 24.09.2012
    xJadetsssx wrote: »
    My question here is, why this Limit exist?, to prevent what? you're pretty smart so you have any Idea Bob why this is limited, I mean a higher limit won't harm anyone...

I have a theory:

Originally, back when there was only one kingdom, a limit of 150 RBCs could be levelled up. This may have been due to lag somehow, or due to the fact that after 150, you really didn't need to attack any more.

When 3 new kingdoms were created, due to the coding (I would imagine some things were copied and pasted from the robber barons), the limit extended to all kingdoms. Now, you could only level up 150 RBCs.

Due to the nature of this problem, few people have come across it and there have been no complaints or support tickets previously. GGS have carried on and are still unaware of there being any problem.

If a moderator could come on here and either explain why this was made and extended to the other kingdoms, or report the problem when they get to work, that would be excellent.

• dragon21 (US1)dragon21 (US1) Posts: 289
    edited 29.09.2012
    The 150 limit is to keep players attacking players to grow in the game.

I reached 149 RBC before opening Everwinter where I could only level up 1 castle!

The only solution right now is to ask support to reset your RBCs. Yes. ALL your RBCs wil ve reset.

It sucks, but the advantage is you can quickly gain EXPs re-fighting all the RBCs at the lower levels.

Really, it makes sense to keep you from just farming RBCs, but it sucks that different levels aren't allotted to each world. Before the new worlds came, the 150 limit makes sense for the mainland, but we need another 50 RBC limit added for each of the other worlds.

I mentioned this to support, and I think they'd consider it if we got enough responses in the forums!

DR.
    hannibal-a-team.jpg
  • PeterKlintingPeterKlinting Posts: 336
    edited 29.09.2012
    I do also think that there should be an individually limit in every single world.
    Always remember to enjoy the game

PeterKlinting @ international 1
    edited 29.09.2012
    I suggest:

a) 400 NPCs total
    b) 150 NPCs in each kingdom
    c) Unlimited in every kingdom

But I would settle for much less. At this point, I would be happy with 10 NPCs in each kingdom.

No, I will not re-set my RBCs. I have worked very hard on them and am not attacking literally hundreds of times just to get back to where I am now - especially not with a 3 hour forced break between attacks on the same castle.

• k3rb3r05k3rb3r05 Posts: 231
    edited 29.09.2012
    Oh, so that is what has been happening with my everwinter towers. Sucks to be me. If they don't increase the limit, which i hope they do, i'll be forced to reset... :(
  • DanceRulerDanceRuler Posts: 828
    edited 05.11.2012
    Till now I didn't max out but will you be able to collect loot from RBC's
    DR @en1...... Hi all
    "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness."
    -Mother Teresa
  • devstey2devstey2 Posts: 96
    edited 14.02.2014
    They no longer reset towers for players and so the game is efffectively wrecked for lots of us.

Keep posting and putting in spport tickets to ask them to fix this.
    devstey @ au 1
  • edited 14.02.2014
    devstey2 wrote: »
    They no longer reset towers for players and so the game is efffectively wrecked for lots of us.

Keep posting and putting in spport tickets to ask them to fix this.

You just bumped a REALLY old thread.
  • devstey2devstey2 Posts: 96
    edited 16.02.2014
    You just bumped a REALLY old thread.

case they don't fix the problem, that's why. trying to get their attention of ruby (= money) farming
    devstey @ au 1
  • Himanshu MittalHimanshu Mittal Posts: 265
    edited 16.02.2014
    dragon213 wrote: »

I reached 149 RBC before opening Everwinter where I could only level up 1 castle!

The only solution right now is to ask support to reset your RBCs. Yes. ALL your RBCs wil ve reset.

It sucks, but the advantage is you can quickly gain EXPs re-fighting all the RBCs at the lower levels.

Really, it makes sense to keep you from just farming RBCs, but it sucks that different levels aren't allotted to each world. Before the new worlds came, the 150 limit makes sense for the mainland, but we need another 50 RBC limit added for each of the other worlds.

I mentioned this to support, and I think they'd consider it if we got enough responses in the forums!

DR.

well......its a bad idea, as high level players keep their sols. on burning food to have more troops and they gather food for them by plundering......
    so if the RBC's and others will reset, they will get very less food from low levels and hence their sols. will desert making him poor in army and open for incoming attacks....
    Himanshu Mittal @ India1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Show the amount of tools in Towers at least GGE.....Those who want it back, show it in your signature...

Thumbs down for GGE for making the worst update ever
  • Himanshu MittalHimanshu Mittal Posts: 265
    edited 16.02.2014
    dragon213 wrote: »

DR.

well......its a bad idea, as high level players keep their sols. on burning food to have more troops and they gather food for them by plundering......
    so if the RBC's and others will reset, they will get very less food from low levels and hence their sols. will desert making him poor in army and open for incoming attacks....
    Himanshu Mittal @ India1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Show the amount of tools in Towers at least GGE.....Those who want it back, show it in your signature...

Thumbs down for GGE for making the worst update ever

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file