Home English (UK) Off Topic

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Across the Dimensions

ThornPrickleyThornPrickley Posts: 668
edited 05.04.2013 in Off Topic
I hope the title hasn't been used anywhere! If you know if anyone wrote a book with this name, let me know below, k?
Anyways, This will be a Science fiction story about a 15 year old Genius boy. See if you like it!

I was biking around town, and I saw the cafe, sat down, and ordered a meal. A stranger walked up and sat at my table, setting down a small device on it. This is one of the few small towns left where everybody still knows each other, so this was odd for here. He said something in a raspy voice in a very strange, gutural language. Then he said in English, " Sorry, I forgot to turn my silly translator on" I raised my eyebrows, because I didn't think we had reached the tech level to build universal translators. "I'm looking for a fellow with a better understanding of the universe than most others do, and is able to learn more, rapidy," he continued. He gestured to the device on the table and said, " This here is a Transdimmensional transportation device, or TTD. It allows you to go anywhere in any universe, even your own." My eyes widened as he was saying this, and I said, "A: I want in on your physics, and B: Where the heck are you even from?!" He replied, "That's not important right now. All you need to know, is how to work in the new job you're about to get."

How's that for starters?
Post edited by ThornPrickley on
I, AM BACK!

?(A blue police box floating in space? Is it bigger on the inside? :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do you know what this is from?

Comments

• xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 11.09.2012
    It's nice :D
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • ThornPrickleyThornPrickley Posts: 668
    edited 11.09.2012
    Thanks! If i get 3 more good posts I'll add to it!
    I, AM BACK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cutylottacutylotta Posts: 66
    edited 12.09.2012
    it's interesting. I too, am a writer. I want to read more :)
    cutylotta A.K.A Biggest SpiderMAN Fan ever
    :D8)
    edited 13.09.2012
    I told one of my friends about the story. he read it, so im gonna count it as him posting something good about it! Let's see, where were we? oh yes!

I was astounded as I put 2 and 2 together. I'm going to get a job where I get to travel in between universes? OMG COUNT ME IN!!! The stranger picked up the TTD and open up a portal as he said, " This will be your new home." We stepped through, and my jaw immediately hit the floor. It was a huge mansion, with anything, and everything. The stranger said, "This is actually immaterial, as with all things in between universes. All that's there is what you want to see. You can add or take away whatever you want, whenever you want. You don't expend energy here, so it's unnessessary for you to eat." I was practically in mental shock! How can something be there, and yet not be there at the same time? I would have to mull through that later, because the tour was going fast. He walked up to a building, 300 million times bigger than my new mansion, and said," This is the meeting hall of the council of omnipitents. Every so often, all the masters of the universes get together and decide if there should be new universes created, destroyed, or redone. Sometimes, if an omnipitent has been failing his job, there is a hearing, and he is popped out of exsistence. We then send in people like you to fix things around the universes." He said this like it was a perfectly normal thing! To go into oblivion like that? That was cruel, even for omnipitents. Then I asked, " Why do you need to fix things in the universes? Shouldn't they be just fine on their own?" He replied, " Normally, they are just fine. But, when 2 universes get too similar to each other,they combine, nearly destroying thier neighboring universes, causing alot of turmoil."
    "Oh. Well, I see why you would need people like us, then.", I said.

This is kind of an explanatory chapter. The next chapter will be where the action starts!
    I, AM BACK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 13.09.2012
    Wow!
    This is pretty interesting!
    I'll be lurking....
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 13.09.2012
    Excellant! Expecting this to be great! :D
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
    edited 14.09.2012
    nice, i like it
  • Super spy814Super spy814 Posts: 127
    edited 14.09.2012
    awesome I cant wait but I have to
    thronking.pngSuper spy814 @ WWW 1 ∞ LIFE TO ALL LONG LIVE GOODGAME EMPIRE
    edited 14.09.2012
    Here comes the next part! I really hate to keep you guys waiting, so this is the last time I'll wait for 3 good comments! Sorry ik its 4, but i was busy yesterday.

"You ready for your first assignment?" the stranger asked. "What about more training? How to I change the universe enough?" I asked. He replied," It's best to learn on the job, now come on, let's go before it blows itself to shreds!"

He let me open up a portal to the universe, and we stepped through it into supposedly 15th century Earth. The stranger said,"normally you can do whatever you want to change a universe, but this time, you need to do something specific. The omnipitent really messed up!" This sounded like it was going to be fun! We walked along a quaint little cobblestone street as the stranger continued," You need to defeat an entire kingdom, known in this universe as Narnia (:D), using England's troops. You remember how the British navy was so strong right about now? Well, it's twice as strong here, so use it to your advantage. We've already pre-set this universe so you are king. Good luck!" As he finished saying this, he vanished into thin air. Great! Violence has never been my thing. Well, One kind of violence of this nature was better than the violence that might happen if I didn't do this. I wandered around aimlessly untill I found the local post office. Strange, how they had it in this time frame. Upon walking in, all the people inside immediately bowed their heads. I asked," Any of you know where the castle is?" the post officer gave me directions and I ran a few miles over there. I then summoned my war advisor and quized him on the strengths and weaknesses of both our forces, and the enemy's. The Narnians seemed to have created a huge, firebreathing dragon, that was said to be invincible, except to the bravest of kings. Great, I thought. How was I going to beat this menace? At that moment, I really wished I had a machine gun with me, and to my amazement, one appeared in my lap! Apparantly, you can summon things into other dimensions from the interdimension. This, was going to be one heck of a battle, I thought.

Let me know what you think of this. After I finish up this universe, I'll take suggestions on what the next universes should be.
    I, AM BACK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 14.09.2012
    Really looking forward to this :D Wonder if your subjects are gonna be confused about where you got a "machine gun" from
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
    edited 14.09.2012
    ooh! cant wait till next chapter!:)
    edited 14.09.2012
    This is interesting...
    Lol about the machine gun :D
    evets4 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 15.09.2012
    Next part! I'm gonna try to do a segment every day from now on.

First thing's first, I thought. Time to give these guys some tech. I gathered all the gunsmiths and weaponsmiths and taught them how to make their muskets into rifles, which shoot much farther, more acurateley, and faster. I talked to the gunsmiths and taught them how to turn their run-of-the-mill cannon into a heavy artillery peice. I then gathered all the shipwrights and told them how to turn their wooden ships into ironclads. They all started to spread the word on how these things we made. In a few days, our army was ready. Now, It's time to march!

At once I knew it would take months to get there. I wondered if this fancy TTD could travel in time as well as space. I opened up a portal and gave it a shot. Sure enough, at the battlefield 6 months later, my army was there.

I explained to my army that I would have a rifle that shoots a few million times faster than theirs. One person asked, "Why can't we have this so called "machine gun"?" I replied, "It would have taken too long to produce these. They take MUCH more ammunition. As for now, CHARGE!!!!"

We ran at the castle with the artillery blaring, the rifles firing in sync, and the screaming of wounded men. The Narnians were heavily armored, but our rifle bullets pierced it easily. Our artillery shells were laying waste to the enemy walls. I was downing hundreds of men all at the twitch of a finger. Our ironclads were dominating the Narnian navy, cannonballs bouncing off our iron hulls. The very king of Narnia came to me and said,"I chalenge thee to a sword duel, put down that weapon of mass destruction, and fight me sword to sword!" Challenge accepted! I thought. I summoned a lightsabre, and the enemy king actually laughed! "You want to fight me with a sword of mere light, while I have a sword of the strongest steel sitting in my sheath? How pathetic!", he scoffed. I just grinned. He took a swing at me and I lopped his sword in half with one stroke. He stood there, dumbfounded, as I went in for the kill. "And THAT is why you DO NOT get in a fight with someone 5,000x more advanced than you are.", I joked. The rest of the army was a dozer. Then, what I was fearing the whole time came. The Dragon of Narnia.

I'll finish this dimension next chapter. Meanwhile, I want YOU guys to think of what should be in the next universe our hero goes to!
    I, AM BACK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 15.09.2012
    Keep it up!
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
    edited 15.09.2012
    Hmmm...
    Maybe the next place could be a jungle world ruled by monkeys? :]
    This is a great story, I like it!
    evets4 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 15.09.2012
    evets4 wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    Maybe the next place could be a jungle world ruled by monkeys? :]
    THis is a great story, I like it!

Or something like the rise of the planet of the apes :p
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • wrwet2wrwet2 Posts: 49
    edited 15.09.2012
    Yeah!one!one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pallace 8|!!!
  • Super spy814Super spy814 Posts: 127
    edited 15.09.2012
    or how about a world ruled by dogs?
    thronking.pngSuper spy814 @ WWW 1 ∞ LIFE TO ALL LONG LIVE GOODGAME EMPIRE
    edited 15.09.2012
    Perhaps both O_O :D
    By the way, what should the stranger be named? I want creative names, not things like bob. :D
    I, AM BACK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 16.09.2012
    Perhaps both O_O :D
    By the way, what should the stranger be named? I want creative names, not things like bob. :D

Lol.
    .....maybe Walter? Dean? idk really....
    evets4 @ usa 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights