We need new Moderators!
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.
If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE
So, I was thinking that at the start of the game, you have to select your gender: obviously, male or female. You also have to choose whether you want princes or princesses to appear as NPC "lovers" in quests (this cannot be decided by gender due to gays and lesbians). I'm afraid asexual people can't pick "neither", but they are a small minority, so I doubt there's much of a problem there. There is no need for players to know what you picked for the second option, but for the first choice, you would have to decide whether you want this information (your gender) to remain private or to be seen publicly.
Obviously, this will mean that GGS has to make alternative quests for the whole "rescuing a princess" bit.
It also means that some glory ranks will have to be changed based on your gender. Now, GGS will have to make 3 sets of glory ranks: male, female and private, since players have the option of keeping their gender private.
1. Knight - I'm not sure if this term was used for female people, or even if a "female knight" was allowed. Input from you guys would help.
2. Chevalier - again, I'm not sure if there is a female equivalent or whether the term can be applied to both genders.
3. Baron - a female baron is called a "baroness".
4. Count - the female equivalent is "countess".
5. Margrave is the term for men and margravine is the term for women.
6. Count Palatine seems to be a rare enough rank by itself - I couldn't find a female equivalent to this rank.
7. Landgrave - I can't find a female word for it. Maybe the word can be applied to both sexes.
8. Duke - "duchess" is the fairly obvious female version.
9. Prince, and obviously, princess. Maybe the genderless version could be "Next-In-Line".
10. Elector - this sounds like a genderless word to me, but if it isn't, then we need a female equivalent.
11. Grand Prince and Grand Princess.
12. Grand Duke and Grand Duchess.
13. Archduke - the female version is actually called a "archduchess", although it sounds like a very unusual word to me.
14. King and Queen. The genderless version could possibly be Grand Ruler.
This idea needs quite a bit of your input on the glory ranks. Do you like it? Dislike it? Think it's too much effort for something that girls and gays could learn to live with? Please post, even if you don't like the idea. Try to be constructive with any criticism, though.
"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)
To contact support, you can:
1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.