Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Scrolling left

BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
edited 04.09.2012 in Technical Assistance
A couple of minutes ago, I was scrolling around the world map (using the arrow keys), doing the useful stuff - looking at castles and outposts and stuff. I stopped scrolling at one point, about to click on a castle, but then the map kept scrolling left without me doing anything! I could control the direction - if I pressed right, then it would scroll right, but the moment I stopped scrolling, it would keep going left.

I could click on castles and espionage and things like that, but I needed a few tries and some fast reflexes. I went to my main castle and then back to the world map, thinking that it would solve the problem, but it didn't. It just kept on scrolling. Even on the espionage page, it kept on going left. I tried going to a different kingdom - there was no scrolling on that map. However, the moment I went back to the Great Empire, it started scrolling left again.

After a while, the scrolling stopped without me doing anything and it returned to normal. I haven't tried using the arrow keys (or the click-and-drag method) to scroll since, because I really don't want it to happen again.

This seems to be yet another minor but very annoying bug. Is this bug unique to me somehow, or has anyone else experienced it?
BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
Post edited by BobFighter834 (INT2) on

Comments

• evets4evets4 Posts: 3,798
    edited 03.09.2012
    This happened to me too. I'm not sure about what is happening, but it is annoying. If you refresh the website, it usually goes back to normal though.
    big.jpg 35.3K
    evets4 @ usa 1
    Retired From Goodgame Empire
    Coordinates: 715:639 | |
    (Former)General of The Impervious
    http://theimpervious.webs.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 03.09.2012
    That happens sometimes if you click somewhere else in the screen outside the game while you are scrolling, to stop that, you can eiter log off, and log in again, or press the same arrow key(s) for the same direction the map is scrolling.
    I don't think is a bug, since many games do something when you click outside the screen.
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 03.09.2012
    xJadetsssx wrote: »
    That happens sometimes if you click somewhere else in the screen outside the game while you are scrolling, to stop that, you can eiter log off, and log in again, or press the same arrow key(s) for the same direction the map is scrolling.
    I don't think is a bug, since many games do something when you click outside the screen.

I am 99.5% sure that I did not click outside of the screen during the scrolling.

I know how to solve it, but it shouldn't be occuring in the first place. I doubt that it has anything to do with problems on my side, so I think it's probably a bug.
    BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
    We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
    We just wanna make the world dance
    Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
    2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
    3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
  • matt44402matt44402 Posts: 213
    edited 04.09.2012
    same here it is a bug i contacted support
    mr dead guy i used to be on usa 1
  • MeisangryMeisangry Posts: 113
    edited 04.09.2012
    Its an ongoing problem it seems, I contacted support months ago over the issue but it still happens. It makes me wonder if it is a bug or like mentioned above, something that happens by accidentally clicking outside the game area.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Proud member of Bloody Blades

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file