Home English (UK) Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

10 min attack warning!!!!!!!

~Farsight~~Farsight~ Posts: 852
edited 06.09.2012 in Technical Assistance
Title says all
when i was playing i suddenly saw an attack of over 500 men 10 mins away!!!
I get a 10 min warning!!!
Also if i told support would they reimburse my troops?
Don't push me...
Those who deny our freedom will see no mercy
lvl 56 and growing only 4 more to go!!! if i can count them on my fingers i can certainly do it on the game!!!:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ~Farsight~ on

Comments

• Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 27.08.2012
    You need to provide more details.

Which kingdom was the attack in? If the attack was from a castle or village only 10 minutes travel away the you would only get 10 minutes notice.

Let us know the details......
    It's been a while.....

• ~Farsight~~Farsight~ Posts: 852
    edited 27.08.2012
    he was over 650 units away, the great empire kingdom, and i had a 10 min warning, it just popped up
    thankfully i beat him
    it was like this
    he lost 780 troops and i lost 492/500
    Don't push me...
    lvl 56 and growing only 4 more to go!!! if i can count them on my fingers i can certainly do it on the game!!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bizzenbizzen Posts: 320
    edited 27.08.2012
    do you have a watchtower because if you don't have a watchtower you wont be able to see the army until it is like 15 mins away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Waitin to be deleted?

:| Please my suggestions might be bad but please be polite :|
  • J.I. Joe2J.I. Joe2 Posts: 563
    edited 27.08.2012
    Can you provide a screenshot of the tools he used? Regular tools have a speed of 15 (which is very slow around the map), while ruby tools have a speed of 20 (which starts making sense in terms of speed).
    For soldiers, I'm guessing he used veterans so their speed would be high.

If he used stables level 2 as well as ruby horses, there you have it. Please remember that the horses's speed is increased exponentially the further the castle is away.
    You start getting a warning of the attack WHEN the attacker is within a certain radius. It has no relation with the amount of time it takes to reach you. If the attack enters within the radius and there's only a 5minute left on the counter, well you'll get only a 5 minute warning time.

With a WatchTower, you can increase that radius by half.
    J.I. Joe @ International 1
    Valhalla family

Who's Online
    edited 27.08.2012
    bizzen wrote: »
    do you have a watchtower because if you don't have a watchtower you wont be able to see the army until it is like 15 mins away

dude
    normally i get a 1 and a half hour warning
    and like duh i have a watchtower i am a serious ruby buyer
    Don't push me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 27.08.2012
    adding onto J.I JOE if the guy researched forced march that may make it faster
    2q0kd1spng

Been playing since 2012.

Huzaifa Memon @ WWW 1
    edited 27.08.2012

makes no sense
    i have been attacked that day and i got a 1 hr 30 min warning
    this is the second time this person has attacked me and both 2 times i only got 10 min warning
    it is a bug because on that outpost i have watchtower
    Don't push me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 27.08.2012

Forced march is only for internal travel amongst your own castles (do villages count?), forced march won't increase the travel speed when attacking or supporting allies.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
    edited 27.08.2012
    i want to know why this is?
    because just now i get an hour warning from a place i dont have a watchtower
    Don't push me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 27.08.2012
    Can I ask what alliance that player is in and whether they are at war with you?

If they have travel speed up to the max this could have something to do with it.
    It's been a while.....

edited 27.08.2012
    Hmmm....this has happened in the past to me too, WITHOUT a watchtower...
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • edited 27.08.2012
    Forced march is only for internal travel amongst your own castles (do villages count?), forced march won't increase the travel speed when attacking or supporting allies.
    oh then nevermind
    2q0kd1spng

Been playing since 2012.

Huzaifa Memon @ WWW 1
    edited 28.08.2012
    ~Farsight~ wrote: »
    i want to know why this is?
    because just now i get an hour warning from a place i dont have a watchtower

Refer to this post.
    Valhalla family

Who's Online
    edited 28.08.2012
    i am sorry but always i get a 1hr and 30 min warning, no matter what units he used
    but this is the second time i have been attacked by this guy and both times i only got 10 min warning....
    Don't push me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited 28.08.2012
    ~Farsight~ wrote: »
    i am sorry but always i get a 1hr and 30 min warning, no matter what units he used
    but this is the second time i have been attacked by this guy and both times i only got 10 min warning....

PM me your timezone and when you're available to test this, then try to send send two capture-attacks to one of my villages in the cold world, just for kicks. The first with the fastest ruby horses, no tools, just veterans. The second with normal horses but with normal tools.
    Tell me when both capture-attacks are meant to hit.

We'll see it from our own eyes.
    Valhalla family

Who's Online
    edited 28.08.2012
    will do))))

i sent it to one of your wood ones
    Don't push me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Parc Clape (US1)Parc Clape (US1) Posts: 157
    edited 28.08.2012
    Just to set the record straight, an army travels as fast as its slowest unit, regardless of how fast some of the units may be. If you have all veteran attack units using "any" non-ruby siege tools, the movement rate of the entire army is going to be based on a travel speed of 15; and if they're using only ruby siege tools, their movement rate will be based on a travel speed of 20.
    Parc Clape
    Dream Team
    "Raise not thy flatulence in anger, lest the stink betray you!"" -Assgrym of Sewergrate Keep. -Year of the Glowing Turd
  • Jaydpt (INT1)Jaydpt (INT1) Posts: 163
    edited 28.08.2012
    This is a bug it happened to me sometime ago i got as little as 4 min warnings from attacks over 600 miles away, i got some compensation but not as much as i expected, they told me they would fix this bug asap tht was 2 months ago.

Here is when it happened to me,,,

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?23663-Attacked-from-over-600-miles-away-and-only-got-4-minute-warning
    Jaydpt @ WWW 1
    edited 28.08.2012
    Jaydpt wrote: »
    This is a bug it happened to me sometime ago i got as little as 4 min warnings from attacks over 600 miles away, i got some compensation but not as much as i expected, they told me they would fix this bug asap tht was 2 months ago.

They fixed it but it's back
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • Fire CastleFire Castle Posts: 619
    edited 28.08.2012
    bizzen wrote: »

No WAY! I saw a marching army on horseback 40 mins away!
    International 1
    Fire Castle

This is my first dragon, please click to help it mature!
    H7t9J.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file