Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Construction in captured outposts

BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
edited 08.10.2012 in Players ask Players
Let's say I have an incoming capture attack on my outpost in 5 hours. For some reason, I have just started building a resource moat with a level 3 keep (48 hours contruction time). The capture attack succeeds (I lose). There is still 43 hours before my moat is built.

What happens? Does it keep building or not?

If it keeps building, what happens after I lose control of the outpost completely? The moat would still have 19 hours left before it is built. Again, does it keep building or not?

BTW, am I right in assuming that it is impossible for a moat (even a resource one) to be destroyed or turn to some form of rubble? I'm fairly sure that I'm right, but confirmation can't hurt.
BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
Post edited by BobFighter834 (INT2) on

Comments

• BadgameBadgame Posts: 399
    edited 27.08.2012
    I dont know, but probably it keeps building
    And that was unlucky, try capturing again AND attack the offender 5 times
    Badgame From the World 2

My name is Badgame because i thought this game gonna be bad, because its a "goodgame" empire

signature_ice2hacf.png
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 27.08.2012
    Badgame wrote: »
    I dont know, but probably it keeps building
    And that was unlucky, try capturing again AND attack the offender 5 times

What? This is purely theoretical: I never failed to beat a capture attack or lost an outpost. I am planning on capturing some new outposts, but not from other players.

2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
  • Red Giant (US1)Red Giant (US1) Posts: 43
    edited 31.08.2012
    Is it fair game to capture another player's outpost?
    Red Giant @ usa 1
  • Luke FieryswordLuke Fierysword Posts: 2,290
    edited 31.08.2012
    Red Giant wrote: »
    Is it fair game to capture another player's outpost?

Yes, it might be the most brutal part of the game.
    Roman Empire

Ambition Courage Loyalty
  • FastLuke4FastLuke4 Posts: 95
    edited 31.08.2012
    I don't think it is a fair, like if you carpurture your fist outpost and you use a lot of rubies on it, then it capture by a very strong player with very strong alliance. Then all that rubies would just go to waste.
    image.php?u=495789&type=sigpic&dateline=1347984802FastLuke4
    I am in Level 50
    Planning to reaching level 60 in 3 month
    World 2 is super awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is what I do to all players that is not my friend
    http://img01.bgstatic-de.de/images/games/games/1308/main/470x320/goodgame_empire-2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRrwwmfu8gA
  • Andrea50Andrea50 Posts: 342
    edited 31.08.2012
    Yep, so don't spend lots of rubies on it until higher levels @[email protected]
    andrea-siggy1.png
    edited 31.08.2012
    I didn't actually get an answer to either of my questions. Is this because no-one knows, or simply because 1 idiot decided to hijack my thread and post a load of rubbish?

@RedGiant - it depends what you mean by "fair game". It is perfectly within the rules, and most people are fine with it. Then again, some people object to being attacked once by a person the same level as them, so I doubt they like outposts being captured.

• xJadetsssxxJadetsssx Posts: 5,983
    edited 31.08.2012
    I think probably there is no one around here who experienced something like that...
    TD7ircx.png
    Does this looks like the face of mercy?

Lurking the forums since 2011.
    xJadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun
  • ~Farsight~~Farsight~ Posts: 852
    edited 31.08.2012
    well i am about to capture an outpost from someone who is 4 levels higher than me
    Don't push me...
    Those who deny our freedom will see no mercy
    lvl 56 and growing only 4 more to go!!! if i can count them on my fingers i can certainly do it on the game!!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited 31.08.2012
    What? This is purely theoretical: I never failed to beat a capture attack or lost an outpost. I am planning on capturing some new outposts, but not from other players.

wtf capture someone elses! man!! its a war game make someone hate you and take there outpost like i captured 3 outposts from other peoples
    2q0kd1spng

Been playing since 2012.

Huzaifa Memon @ WWW 1
    edited 31.08.2012
    wtf capture someone elses! man!! its a war game make someone hate you and take there outpost like i captured 3 outposts from other peoples

I don't think you should use that acronym here. Even though you didn't actually swear, anyone who didn't understand could easily Google it and we don't want them asking their mummies what the word "f***" means.

Unless, of course, you meant the acronym meaning "welcome to facebook".

I have searched for food outposts, but no good shiny food outposts are near to me. I would rather have an outpost 1 mile closer to my main, saving me hours of troop moving and hundreds of thousands of coins from troop/resource movement, then take a food outpost from another player which was rubbish in the first place.

I can easily put 15 level 10 farmhouses and as many parks as will fit into any outpost. The only thing that I really look for when searching for outposts to capture is ruby buildings.

• Taha AhmedTaha Ahmed Posts: 79
    edited 01.09.2012
    what a popular thread
    Taha Ahmed leader of Wild Bunch2II
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LEVEL: 25
    HONOR: 260
    WORLD: uk 1
    BUILDING POINTS: 626
    edited 01.09.2012
    Taha Ahmed wrote: »
    what a popular thread

If you are being sarcastic because you have a personal vendetta against me due to the simple fact that I asked questions and was honest about your thread, don't bother. This thread got a decent number of replies, but no-one actually knew the answer so no-one could actually answer the question.

I had nothing against you. I was not your enemy. I was trying to get you to think things through. I was trying to get you to come up with meaningful ideas. If you couldn't accept my criticism, tough.

• Red Giant (US1)Red Giant (US1) Posts: 43
    edited 06.10.2012
    Started construction on a farmhouse and still had 8 hrs to complete the build. The outpost was captured in 5 hrs. Then the 24 hr clock started. I noticed that the farmhouse did complete the build within 3 hrs, even though I no longer owned the outpost. Resources carried over as well. Production of resources continued and storage of them was the same. The new owner got all the stored resources.
    Red Giant @ usa 1
    edited 06.10.2012
    Red Giant wrote: »
    Started construction on a farmhouse and still had 8 hrs to complete the build. The outpost was captured in 5 hrs. Then the 24 hr clock started. I noticed that the farmhouse did complete the build within 3 hrs, even though I no longer owned the outpost. Resources carried over as well. Production of resources continued and storage of them was the same. The new owner got all the stored resources.

Thanks. Good to know, even if it did take a while to get the answer.

• theodore892theodore892 Posts: 3
    edited 07.10.2012
    well it might build for them and they have it or you keep it and get your wood,stone and bread back
    theodore892 @ en 1
  • Lord HarithLord Harith Posts: 129
    edited 08.10.2012
    Yea I think it is fair game, thats what the game it about! But the thing is, the player you captured it from is probably gonna hate you lol. Thats why i never build any ruby stuff in my outpost, if it gets captured, bye bye ruby stuff.
    Lord Harith of S.S.R. @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file