Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Premium Membership

Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
Ok, I've hinted at this in the past but here goes again...

I buy rubies like a lot of other members and think it's about time GGS introduced a premium membership scheme.

For one simple monthly payment you would get ALL the ruby options and everything that comes with the premium pack. This monthly payment would also provide a fixed amount of rubies and resources to spend as you like. Of course, it would still be possible to add more on top if you wanted through the existing options.

I also think that a part of this package should be that premium subscribers would be guaranteed a response from support within 4 hours of reporting any problems with the game. For us, technical problems can actually cost us money. Any other service provider in the world would have a call centre for anyone spending over a certain amount.

It's about time the people who pay for this game are rewarded in some way.
Post edited by Baldrick (GB1) on
It's been a while.....

Comments

• PeterKlintingPeterKlinting Posts: 336
    edited 20.08.2012
    There is already a ''premium package'', that you can buy with money for 3, 6 or 12 months

Click the ''add rubies'' button to get to the store and to see what the premium package contains
    Always remember to enjoy the game

PeterKlinting @ international 1
  • FlyingpigzFlyingpigz Posts: 294
    edited 20.08.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Ok, I've hinted at this in the past but here goes again...

I buy rubies like a lot of other members and think it's about time GGS introduced a premium membership scheme.

For one simple monthly payment you would get ALL the ruby options and everything that comes with the premium pack. This monthly payment would also provide a fixed amount of rubies and resources to spend as you like. Of course, it would still be possible to add more on top if you wanted through the existing options.

I also think that a part of this package should be that premium subscribers would be guaranteed a response from support within 4 hours of reporting any problems with the game. For us, technical problems can actually cost us money. Any other service provider in the world would have a call centre for anyone spending over a certain amount.

It's about time the people who pay for this game are rewarded in some way.

You buyers are already rewarded, you have tons of rubies to spend, to get things us regular members can't or to speed up the process. Isn't that reward enough?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    -Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy
  • Baldrick (GB1)Baldrick (GB1) Posts: 4,948
    edited 20.08.2012
    I know that Peter and I already have it.

This is something completely different and would cover ALL ruby options within the game that are not covered by the premium package as well as the current premium options.

I'm talking about one monthly payment for EVERYTHING. For people who buy everything anyways, just saves having to extend overseers, the architect, etc etc.

Seems like a decent idea to me and GGS would have a regular income from premium customers so they could do a bit of financial planning as mobile phone companies do. I was thinking of a six month contract or something like that. Or a rolling monthly contract.

And flyingpigz, no we don't get rewarded enough, after all if we didn't pay, there would be no game.

This isn't about giving us extra (except the support thing), it's about putting everything that we buy anyway in one place so it's easier to manage.
    It's been a while.....

edited 20.08.2012
    I guess it makes sense in the long run, but the reason I don't like it, is because it gives the buyers more power over us non buyers/harder workers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    -Hahaha, hahaha. Now you're just being cute. I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts!" (Act 1, Part 4) -Malfoy
    edited 20.08.2012
    Not really pigz,

My suggestion just puts everything in one easy to manage package that can be paid monthly. All the benefits I've mentioned are already available and we buy them anyways.

And please don;t say that we aren't "hard workers", we work almost as hard as you but when we do it we spend money too, so in a way we are more devoted as we have more to lose.

As I said, the only thing that isn't already available is the support reply time. And service provider in the world gives priority to it's best paying customers, it's just the way business works.

This idea doesn't change the way the game works at all, just changes the way we pay for it.
    It's been a while.....

• DarknessGhostDarknessGhost Posts: 433
    edited 20.08.2012
    bad idea, sorry bald .. i just dont see ggs doing this

this will just make rubie buyers invisible
    unlimited tools, very quick requirement , open gates any time and etc.. no way :| bad idea
    Darknessghost @ en1
  • DarknessGhostDarknessGhost Posts: 433
    edited 20.08.2012
    bald, u suggest alot of ideas like as if u play this game anymore.. uv been in protection for over 1month now.. r u quitting the game or gonna hide behind protection forever.
    Darknessghost @ en1
    edited 20.08.2012
    Hey Darkness,

I was mainly talking about the ruby services that are available. Architect, all the slots, tax collector and the premium stuff.

Tools and open gates/protection would not be included, only the things you pay for on a weekly basis.

I'm in protection mode for good reasons and I'll be back playing late September. See you then.....
    It's been a while.....

edited 20.08.2012
    Baldrick wrote: »
    Not really pigz,

My suggestion just puts everything in one easy to manage package that can be paid monthly. All the benefits I've mentioned are already available and we buy them anyways.

And please don;t say that we aren't "hard workers", we work almost as hard as you but when we do it we spend money too, so in a way we are more devoted as we have more to lose.

As I said, the only thing that isn't already available is the support reply time. And service provider in the world gives priority to it's best paying customers, it's just the way business works.

This idea doesn't change the way the game works at all, just changes the way we pay for it.

Look, i'm sorry if I offended you with that harder workers comment, I shouldn't have said, that, and yes it is pretty good business, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Favorite Qoute:
    edited 20.08.2012
    Yeah, fair enough pigz. I wasn't really offended, just wanted to point out that anyone at level 60 has had to do some hard work to get there, rubies bought or not.

Regards,

Baldrick.
    It's been a while.....

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 26.01.2015
    LOL, I actually like this idea.

It would benifet alliances that are half non buyer/ half buyers with a few absolute whales...

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• Mr.assassin2 (US1)Mr.assassin2 (US1) Posts: 1,647
    edited 26.01.2015
    whoops 2 year thread bump lmao whoops

Founder of Camelot Beasts.

• millwall97 (GB1)millwall97 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,513
    edited 26.01.2015
    I support this. (yes it may be 2 years old but is a really good idea)
    millwall97 @ Somalia1

tCp90gif

Don't click: https://goo.gl/IC6U01
  • overlord90098 (GB1)overlord90098 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,798
    edited 28.01.2015
    the monthly pay idea sounds just plain stupid it would make GGE look bad for already increasing prices and having other games that are free to play also they would alienate anyone who can not afford a monthly sub because you know NOT EVERYONE ON THIS GAME IS WORKING SOME ARE AT SCHOOL.
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • Hanzolo (US1)Hanzolo (US1) US1 Posts: 896
    edited 28.01.2015
    Why would you want GGE to charge every single player per month? Do you know how many people would quit and how many people would not even bother to play the game?
    #TheDreamLivesOn

Hanzolo @ Canada1

• edited 29.01.2015
    that may be good if they operated a pay to play model from the start, like WoW, which is what I posted in a different thread earlier, strangely enough (copycat :P)

But the way the game has been set up for ages it simply cannot revert to that model, even in a small way, also all their other games are freemium model it would be a pr disaster, I would like it if instead of monthly charges they introduced advertising, I'd rather see claudia schiffer driving an astra than a bogus 2060% special offer anyway...
    however, many non-buyers, simply cannot or will not pay money at all, so many would drop out of the game, also knowing ggs,
    the most they will do is make ruby/armourer tools cost a large amount of coins, and give 5 special offers every hour for large amounts of coins for rubies in the travelling merchant, and they will charge 50 a month on top of this, essentially there would be little difference in a scenario like that, except and extra 50 a month...

I like the idea of premium membership, maybe add to current premium mode so non-buyers at higher levels get a chance too, say architect and researcher x times in a week of premium mode depending on the level, and give a certain amount of free rubies a day for every day its active, but not too much as that would disuade from buying but about .3% of the cost of the points in the middle of each premium level, so after a hundred days active it mounts up to 30% of the cost to buy in rubies of the amount of points averaged in that level, also free construction slots after level 6 and 9, and a free gem and piece of equipment every 24 hours its active (that's total not resetting each time), increasing in value with the level of premium mode..
  • heehee3heehee3 Posts: 2,780
    edited 29.01.2015
    As it is not obligatory, this would be a very good idea.
    Quit while you're ahead

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file