Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Text cleanup

I've found a few problems with some of the writing in the game, some little, some not so little, so I thought I should list them here and hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

Protection mode

The bits in bold are the bits I've added/changed. I've explained them all below the quote.
Protects your castle and outposts from all attacks. However, it does not protect villages in other kingdoms, and you cannot launch attacks during this period, and your attack units will be produced much more slowly. On the other hand, your castle will not be reduced to ruins during this period.

Tip: There is a lead time of 24 hours before the effect starts. After that you can cancel it, and you will have to wait 48 hours before you can start it again.

The first bit in bold is fairly self-explanatory - I think it should say that it does not protect villages so people know. At least, I'm fairly sure that someone said somewhere that it doesn't protect villages. If it actually does, then I think it should say that it does somewhere.

The second bit is only a tiny problem - "rubble" is not really a word we use: "ruins" is far more common.

Glory title

This is just a tiny thing, but when you hover over your glory rank (under your level, xp and username in the top left corner of the screen), it says "Your title". I don't feel that this explains enough, whereas "Your glory rank" would be a bit more explanatory.

Game help

This is fairly old, so I've suggested some changes and a few new sections. Most of this changed in recent updates, but some were there originally.

a) Different kingdoms - just a brief talk about what you do in them, about villages and resources/troops sent over (we get a fair few questions about resources being lost and this would hopefully stop that).

b) Events - just a bit of information about each event would be nice. They could even borrow some bits and pieces from my thread on the events (found here: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/empire/showthread.php?28599-Events)

c) Achievements - all we really need is an explanation that you can earn achievement points which can earn you rubies and are shown on your profile. There could be a paragraph on types of achievements (economy, military, challenges and events), but it's not absolutely needed.

d) The King's Market - a brief talk about each "hero" and the things in the "other section" would be fine. It might even get more money for GGS.

e) Rubies - they need to update the list. They can add in the shady character, glory tournament, other kingdom fortresses and I don't see why they shouldn't add "buying them" as it is a valid way to get rubies. I'm sure I've missed some ways off, so if anyone can think of another way, please tell me.

f) Level - the words "The maximum level is 60" somewhere would be great.

g) Resources - it states that the first 3 plants (and this is an exact quote) always produce at their maximum rate. This isn't true - it was never true for outposts and is now even less true with other kingdoms and events like the Thorn King. They can say that the first 3 plants in your main castle in The Great Empire (the kingdom you start off in) produce at their maximum rate as an example, but what's currently written is a load of rubbish.

h) Coins and taxes - this has a very small typo. It says "by attacking rober baron castles", but "robber" has 2 "b"s.

i) Units and tools - this says nothing about special units. It should at least mention travelling knights, but noting that sometimes there are special events where new troops are introduced would be good. It might be also worth mentioning armed citizens and the fact that non-player castles in other kingdoms often have troops unavailable to us.

j) Attack - the 7th paragraph needs to be altered a bit. The word "Keep" has a capital letter for no reason but, more importantly, there is no mention of hideouts.

k) Robber baron castles - it might be worth mentioning that once in a while, a travelling knight camp comes and then you can find relic pieces in RBCs.

l) Honor - they should mention the glory bonus and changing the section name to "Honor and Glory" and explaining glory as well might be useful.

m) Alliances - there should be just a tiny mention of the fact that you can't join/found an alliance until level 5.

n) Sword brothers - just a short sentence about the 18 sword brother limit would be nice.

o) Ruins - "You go into ruins if you stay offline for long enough. The exact number of days before you go into ruins is worked out by adding 1 to your level." and some explanation about what happens while you are in ruins would be amazing. If they could someone put some coding so it said, "At your current level, it will take X days before you go into ruins", that would be the cherry on the cake.
BobFighter834 - International 2.

"It's not about the rubies, rubies, rubies
We don't need your rubies, rubies, rubies
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag" - by Jessie J (sort of)

To contact support, you can:

1. Click here - http://support.goodgamestudios.com/
2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
3. Type "Goodgame Empire Support" into Google.
Post edited by BobFighter834 (INT2) on

Comments

• LOL LOL2LOL LOL2 Posts: 566
    edited 14.08.2012
    would be nice if they made the list, but all this things or not most of them you learn about when you progress through the game.
    thronking.png
  • BobFighter834 (INT2)BobFighter834 (INT2) Posts: 2,762
    edited 14.08.2012
    LOL LOL2 wrote: »
    would be nice if they made the list, but all this things or not most of them you learn about when you progress through the game.

You would think that, but how many people have we seen on here asking how many attacks it takes for a player to go into ruins? How many newbies have asked what PO is, or "how to get rubbines"? How many players were mystified about why they can't build a woodcutter in their new (food/stone) outpost?

I admit that some of my original post is just me pointing out typos, but it looks a lot more professional. One of the main things that I look for in an MMORPG is professionalism. Usually, if I see something written in German on an English server *cough*NeueAufgaben*cough*, I quit. Usually, if the game help doesn't even know how to spell the name of the main NPC in the game, I quit. This game is one exception, the "exception that proves the rule", if you like. I only stayed with this game because I found it very fun (and addictive :P), but we have seen people complaining that the game is boring before.

Yes, there will always be people who can't be bothered to look around and come here posting something that has already be posted before many times, spending no time on punctuation, spelling or even checking that their post makes sense. What I want to do is reduce that. Even if people don't post on here, they still might be confused by something.

2. Click on "help" and "support" in-game (top-right of your screen - blue question mark)
  • King TobiKing Tobi Posts: 112
    edited 14.08.2012
    good but dont you think thats too much detail
    I'm Back
    I'm Bigger
    I'm Better
    I'm KING TOBI
    edited 15.08.2012
    King Tobi wrote: »
    good but dont you think thats too much detail

I don't. I tried to keep it as brief as possible, but I had a lot of small things I needed to change. It's not like I could have said "Change title to glory rank" and been understood. I had to explain exactly what I wanted to happen, without there being any confusion.

edited 30.03.2013
    Wow. It's been 7 months since I wrote this and they haven't done anything suggested here, apart from fixing the typo on the protection mode thing. Some things are optional and it's my opinion that they should be changed, but at least fix the other typos, GGS!

I think that everything written in my original post still stands, except point n) on the Game Help thing - they got rid of sword brothers recently. And point f) won't be right when the next update comes - they're increasing the level cap to 70.

In addition, I'd like a small mention of the alliance smithy in there somewhere - preferably under either "Equipment" or "Alliances". And a more prominent display of the game help would be good, or maybe they could talk about it in the tutorial. It could (or already does) answer a lot of questions people come here to ask, so I think it deserves a bit more recognition.

Oh, and sorry for double posting. :P

edited 02.04.2013
    Bump.........

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file