Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Update discussion

Comments

• that young kid puts out a lot of bideos   whenever gge changes something i look for his video....

steelcuratin @ usa 1
  • Reima (SKN1)Reima (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 11
    Thank You a lot :)
  • Diffident (US1)Diffident (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    that young kid puts out a lot of bideos   whenever gge changes something i look for his video....

Thanks for the info. The poor quality of the updates and "fixes" make me think that we are seeing so many ruins because of it. I would no longer suggest to anyone that they join the game!

A) an attack screen should not be so convoluted that we need to scour youtube to see if someone has stumbled upon the work around

B) GGE needs to ensure that the programming is not buggy by doing robust testing instead of doing releases on a wish and a prayer.

My frustration level is driving me further and further from the game. Their updates suck the fun out of the game!
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,814
    that young kid puts out a lot of bideos   whenever gge changes something i look for his video....

Thanks for the info. The poor quality of the updates and "fixes" make me think that we are seeing so many ruins because of it. I would no longer suggest to anyone that they join the game!

A) an attack screen should not be so convoluted that we need to scour youtube to see if someone has stumbled upon the work around

B) GGE needs to ensure that the programming is not buggy by doing robust testing instead of doing releases on a wish and a prayer.

My frustration level is driving me further and further from the game. Their updates suck the fun out of the game!
    they have testserver they use to test . :)  hahahahaha
    flug @ nl 1
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 281
    from whats been said in the past
    i like to draw your attention to it
    they did put this last update on a test server where a few players and mods joined in but from the mods own words the players and  mods picked up on plenty of things that needed to be sorted out before it was released but gge ignored them and released it how it was
    if i was a mod and they done that to me remember they did put there own time into doing that for the game  i think i would have packed up being a mod
  • Diffident (US1)Diffident (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    Putting a few players on a test server for a major programming change is not really testing the programming. If the discovery of issues was left unaddressed, it is incredibly poor leadership and disrespectful to all of those involved and to the players.

Over the years, GGE has slowly headed downward...This update just accelerated it a bit.

edited 01.12.2022
    from whats been said in the past
    i like to draw your attention to it
    they did put this last update on a test server where a few players and mods joined in but from the mods own words the players and  mods picked up on plenty of things that needed to be sorted out before it was released but gge ignored them and released it how it was
    if i was a mod and they done that to me remember they did put there own time into doing that for the game  i think i would have packed up being a mod
    and then miss out on the benefits of being mod?
    flug @ nl 1
  • Zeloit (US1)Zeloit (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 04.12.2022
    It'd be pleasant if we had the option to disable *UNOCCUPIED* public RVs
    Seriously, its like robber barons in the Great Empire, it lags the game to shit and makes it borderline unplayable, even on Chrome
    example with marketbarrows, player attacks

• SUPER-MAC (GB1)SUPER-MAC (GB1) GB1 Posts: 225
    separate courtyard attack went ahead when no troops got in, 

screen shot from the outer realms
  • joyojoy (US1)joyojoy (US1) US1 Posts: 25

Yesterday I couldn't change my presets so I signed out.  This morning, presets worked again!!!  Two hours later they aren’t working.  I have the max number of presets. I've had this problem most of the time. I like the new attack screen overall but I wont play with the broken presets.  And then there's the other issues and inefficiencies with the upgrade not being fixed. 

It's been over 2 months now. 

I’ve noticed no one commented yesterday or today on the presets. Very few comments about anything last few days.  Censorship?  I don’t believe I’m the only one with the preset issue last 2 days. Many valid comments gone but still old stuff from years ago left up. 

• bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 281
    its the same with making the pictures of the troops bigger so you can see them better this was raised at the very start and had the most complaints but nothing has been done with that either
    i would imagine with holidays coming up  players have given up asking as gge dont seem to want to sort that bit out 
    but its very noticeable on our server the amount of new ruin castles appearing on the map so that says something  
  • Becca (NL1)Becca (NL1) NL1 Posts: 37
    Same here: I asked time and time again what about Storm? I understand GGE is understaffed, who isn't at this time, but at least have the courtesy to explain what happend there and tell us what they changed there. I have learned that it might be an intentionally change. So the question remains: WHY and where is the communication about it?
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,259
    I honestly don't know what's wrong with Storm. All I can say is a recent update probably broke something. I won't be able to get you any more info for a while. Our community manager has been on holiday for a few days now and will not be back before new years.
    Poseidon said:
    I honestly don't know what's wrong with Storm. All I can say is a recent update probably broke something. I won't be able to get you any more info for a while. Our community manager has been on holiday for a few days now and will not be back before new years.
    Thank you for your answer. Tbh: I just got a bounceback on an island, so hopefully this bug has been fixed :)

Same here: I asked time and time again what about Storm? I understand GGE is understaffed, who isn't at this time, but at least have the courtesy to explain what happend there and tell us what they changed there. I have learned that it might be an intentionally change. So the question remains: WHY and where is the communication about it?
    they are still searching for a way to communicate. 1 moderator is way to short
    flug @ nl 1
    Too bad: bug is stll there.
  • the other problem is the AQUA from forts is not adding - do i need to raise a ticket ?

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    the other problem is the AQUA from forts is not adding - do i need to raise a ticket ?

If your storage is filled max, the aqua from the forts do not add up.

• the other problem is the AQUA from forts is not adding - do i need to raise a ticket ?

If your storage is filled max, the aqua from the forts do not add up.

it's not that its the quest and have tagged a mod in another post asking for a reply !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 337
    Does anyone know why my commander with Horatio assigned sometimes has 800 ish in the courtyard line and sometimes over 2K on the same target?

I am sending the same commander to the same target from the same op using the same troops, sometimes it lets me put more on the courtyard line than others

Osiris @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file