Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: October Update 2021

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,874
    On the next Fc eventI think its quite easy to work out if your glory's goin to be the same as now, before you make your FC attack choice, just look at the active global effect symbal top right of screen, if there is no 50% extra glory on for FC castle defenders then you will only get low glory back, so make your choice from that but classic will be a bust !
    The new version got added for a reason ;-)
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    Obviously! and it seems to be to lower even more, the glory obtainable from even the lassic castles, why else remove the global effects, and i can understand that as a global effect it would affect all the other versions as well, but GGE have accepted that other versions affects the KL and FC/BC event, so why not leave the global effects as well.
    It also shows that the glory amounts are not the same as it is being said they are, and that there are changes just the huge differences in amounts indicate that, but the lack of global prove it.
    Obviously! and it seems to be to lower even more, the glory obtainable from even the lassic castles, why else remove the global effects, and i can understand that as a global effect it would affect all the other versions as well, but GGE have accepted that other versions affects the KL and FC/BC event, so why not leave the global effects as well.
    It also shows that the glory amounts are not the same as it is being said they are, and that there are changes just the huge differences in amounts indicate that, but the lack of global prove it.
    Just pick a mode above classic if you want more glory. You are still making claims without any evidence, prove to me that glory is different. It's not different, nothing has changed, prove me otherwise, I dare you ;-)
    Oh come on you know that I would need a coparision with 2 exact attacks, virtually impossible. If as you say that you are a player mod, why are you fighting so hard to stop the actual facts coming out.
    Ive already asked about the global effects being removed and your reason/excuse wasn't right as I told you, nearly all the players on the forum agree and the same goes for the game so why, we all know its changed. 
    In the global effects if you remove an element that gives extra glory then every similar attack with those defenders id going to be a minus on the glory. I do not see your intention or purpose to keep asking for proof it makes no sense. Are you saying that the original global effects did not include a 50% extra glory for certain defensive troops in the original FC / BC event.
    MY other post did state that I had played in the internediate level first and found a huge difference in losses, troops, and Castellians, which also led to glory being down, which is the same as a lot of players similarly posted. GGE always seems to fall back on the proof element no matter what the complaint and it seems nothing changes.
    Ah well, 2 more distroyed events for the F2P and low spenders, so it will still be the billions of glory for the whales.
    Oh come on you know that I would need a coparision with 2 exact attacks, virtually impossible. If as you say that you are a player mod, why are you fighting so hard to stop the actual facts coming out.
    Ive already asked about the global effects being removed and your reason/excuse wasn't right as I told you, nearly all the players on the forum agree and the same goes for the game so why, we all know its changed. 
    In the global effects if you remove an element that gives extra glory then every similar attack with those defenders id going to be a minus on the glory. I do not see your intention or purpose to keep asking for proof it makes no sense. Are you saying that the original global effects did not include a 50% extra glory for certain defensive troops in the original FC / BC event.
    MY other post did state that I had played in the internediate level first and found a huge difference in losses, troops, and Castellians, which also led to glory being down, which is the same as a lot of players similarly posted. GGE always seems to fall back on the proof element no matter what the complaint and it seems nothing changes.
    Ah well, 2 more distroyed events for the F2P and low spenders, so it will still be the billions of glory for the whales.
    All you would need is to take a castle, put all the numbers into the same old formula that we've always used and you will see that you get the exact same amount of glory. I am all for facts and thus you will never see me support a claim like this that's not backed up by any evidence what so ever. I have openly stated how I feel about the global effects leaving and how it negatively impacts glory but there's nothing wrong with the glory that you get. It's still the same as before.

Glory is still calculated the exact same way as before, multiple factors have changed that have lead to both an increase in glory in one place and perhaps a slight decrease in other areas. I played the event on intermediate +, spent roughly 120k flags and 100k nomad troops and got 700 million glory. I would say that's decent and not too bad given the price.
    Now someone who doesn't spend any money on the game can't hit those numbers, but I don't expect them to and I don't think they should hit those numbers either.
    I don't understand your reasoning with the global effects and can only presume that you never included them in your formula on your post, if you had then it would be obvious that you wouldn't push for players to check that way, so those 50%'s were ommiteed.

On certain original castles defenders on some castles included at least 4 types of defenders that included 50% extra glory, and I'm not sure if there were others as well!
    Sometimes a castle defenders could include upto a 1000 of these defenders and at 50% extra would make a difference to lower wave players getting agreeable glory. So I see why you are saying we would still get the same glory, UNLESS, that figure wasn't in your formula.

I play on 5 waves, and when I played the intermediate+ level, anything other than horrors in attack led to defeat, and with those horrors and 8% (special occasion ) flags, was only getting around the 400k glory, when in the past with those same numbers it would be 800k-1m glory, depending on those 50% from the global effects. So there are differences which all players will have seen, and noticed for themselves.

We all know that you are a big ruby user and a high level player so your own figures don't mean an awfull lot to most other players, as your comparisons wouldn't even come close to our actual figures. GGE just need to go back to the drawing board with this as most palyers will only judge the event by their own experience rather that what they are told it should be.

I don't understand your reasoning with the global effects and can only presume that you never included them in your formula on your post, if you had then it would be obvious that you wouldn't push for players to check that way, so those 50%'s were ommiteed.

On certain original castles defenders on some castles included at least 4 types of defenders that included 50% extra glory, and I'm not sure if there were others as well!
    Sometimes a castle defenders could include upto a 1000 of these defenders and at 50% extra would make a difference to lower wave players getting agreeable glory. So I see why you are saying we would still get the same glory, UNLESS, that figure wasn't in your formula.

I play on 5 waves, and when I played the intermediate+ level, anything other than horrors in attack led to defeat, and with those horrors and 8% (special occasion ) flags, was only getting around the 400k glory, when in the past with those same numbers it would be 800k-1m glory, depending on those 50% from the global effects. So there are differences which all players will have seen, and noticed for themselves.

We all know that you are a big ruby user and a high level player so your own figures don't mean an awfull lot to most other players, as your comparisons wouldn't even come close to our actual figures. GGE just need to go back to the drawing board with this as most palyers will only judge the event by their own experience rather that what they are told it should be.

The glory formula includes every bonus in the game, including the global effects. You and a few others claimed that the glory formula was changed so that castles give less glory, this is just not true. Certain aspects of the event have changed that lead to this, but if you attack 10k veteran troops before and after the update you get the exact same amount of glory.
    edited 13.11.2021
    If thats correct then why are you telling every one to look at the formula which you say includes the global effects, when they have in fact stopped, that would only affect current checks if you had removed those 50%, which doesn't seem to be so. Sorry but your arguments don't add up or convince at least myself, so we must agree to differ, and i will stand by what I said, that the glory has changed.

I havn't seen anything mentioning global effects on your formula, either before, or in fact now.!, but I think this could just go back and fore so there is really no point.
    edited 13.11.2021
    If thats correct then why are you telling every one to look at the formula which you say includes the global effects, when they have in fact stopped, that would only affect current checks if you had removed those 50%, which doesn't seem to be so. Sorry but your arguments don't add up or convince at least myself, so we must agree to differ, and i will stand by what I said, that the glory has changed.

I havn't seen anything mentioning global effects on your formula, either before, or in fact now.!, but I think this could just go back and fore so there is really no point.
    A formula allows for variables to change... lol. That's the point of it. Just because a global effect is gone doesn't mean the formula has changed. You can stand by what you say, I don't care, your feelings don't trump facts, I am sorry.
    Well that depends on whos facts they are!  and I'm happy with mine.

Oh! could you put up the exact formula in laymans terms, you know exactly what all the glory is and where just for info. I really would like to see where where the global effects are and fit into the formula. You know one from the old version and one rom the new, that would be nice!
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 135
    i think any alteration in events take time to settle in but i do have to agree the general censes with all is looking at  the battle reports is that they give less glory  than before the update happened 
    maybe this only shows up on lower modes of play you pick but it is very noticeable

also can you tell me before saying try it how can a player like me who struggles to get 10million glory get 54 million glory in classic mode  as for us lower players that po items at 7.5 million was a bench mark to try to win 
    Well that depends on whos facts they are!  and I'm happy with mine.

Oh! could you put up the exact formula in laymans terms, you know exactly what all the glory is and where just for info. I really would like to see where where the global effects are and fit into the formula. You know one from the old version and one rom the new, that would be nice!
    Base glory per unit, multiplied by the effect of the global effect, multiplied by the amount of said units, multiplied by the sum of all bonuses apart from the bonus you get from honour, multiplied by the bonus you get from honour.

Now obviously if you lower any of these values the overal glory will be lower, but it's still the same formula. 
    i think any alteration in events take time to settle in but i do have to agree the general censes with all is looking at  the battle reports is that they give less glory  than before the update happened 
    maybe this only shows up on lower modes of play you pick but it is very noticeable

Higher modes (Starting at hard) give mead troops, these were never effected by global effects to begin with and were never present in foreign castles before the update. These units start at 3.6 glory per unit and only go up with their level. The KG troops you used to get in foreign castles give 2.0, and so do the relic troops you see in foreign castles now.

• Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 294

Higher modes (Starting at hard) give mead troops, these were never effected by global effects to begin with and were never present in foreign castles before the update. These units start at 3.6 glory per unit and only go up with their level. The KG troops you used to get in foreign castles give 2.0, and so do the relic troops you see in foreign castles now.

i don't get whether GGS really does not understand or they do and are trying to deliberately play this down!.
    hundreds are saying that these castles are giving low glory and it's a fact, you guys have to accept that and stop annoying players that are only a few left on this game.

If you don't want free to play just say it, we all will quit or just shut down the game !!!
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 838
    The basic glory formula didn't change, just like Poseidon said. Only the outcome is different, because the input values changed. (Again, just like Poseidon said.)
    That is, the bonus from the global effects was reduced to zero, which results in much less glory per castle, at least in the classic version, compared to the past, when we always got this glory boost. To GGS and top players like our mod this doesn't make a difference, as they get what they want anyway (lots of money and lots of glory, respectively). They just "play" the game differently.
    Wiglema (NL1)
    so from what the two mods have said
    there has been an x value removed from the working out on the total glory won after hitting a f/lord castle
    so
    if you attack a castle without mead troops and the defending castle has no mead troops and your not using the top flags then you will end up winning less glory than before also
    if you attack a castles with mead troops or the defending castle has mead troops defending or you use top flags then your glory will be more than before  
    this is because the extra value/points on mead troops works out higher than the x factor value/points which has been removed from the working out of total glory got 
    i think are mods must play at a higher level than most of us and cant see what we mean becouse
    easy .easy plus, inter, and inter plus can all be played without using mead troops and without mead defenders in the f/lord castles so all will receive less glory than before
    as for classic the fact you need 54 million glory to get the po item instead of 7.5 million means is classic even worth playing now and was it not ment for those that struggle with f/lords to play ?
    hope this helps 

We can see what's going on, we don't deny it's existence, but I just argued that the formula itself didn't change.
    @Poseidon X Angel
    No point giving a global effect for troops that aren't used in glory castles anymore.

But what about the above that you also posted. When those troops are still used in the classic mode!
  • monty242 (GB1)monty242 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    As normal GGE will take no notice of any remarks in reference to the new FC/BC system as it has been totally geared towards the big spenders who are ruining the game for everyone. This game used to be enjoyable when we had "FAIR PLAY RULES". Now its just the domeign of the players with 40k attack/defence who can hit any target multiple times, even if burning or even less that 10 clicks. This type of play takes no skill and only ensures that even more player leave the game as they are totally fed up with this type of bullying.
    monty242 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.