Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: October Update 2021

Comments

• With regard to the FI/BC update I like the idea about being able to select of castle and not having to hit 100s of pointless castes to get one worth hitting and anyone can now choose how difficult they want to play this event but yes a little disappointed that the glory return seems to have changed from the original format.  However, all things said this is a more enjoyable format
    It hasn't changed though.
    are there screenshots available of the rewards for the other levels - I for one, did the classic last time as still gaining the PO items - and listened to the complains with the alliance about the increases troop lossess and lesser glory recieved for the lossess - am holding off doing the "new" versions, until i can see the actual rewards first - like if you want to buy something - i need to see it first to assess wether it is worth the extra tools and effort / possible cost !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    I think many of the points about the latest updates to the FC/BC, in relation to rewards, glory, tools, troops, etc are also being discussed on the other forum servers, with the same feelings as on here. We will always be told that nothing has changed as to , A.Wallace. As we are always told when asking about changes, and yes as previously told, we cannot prove otherwise without access to the game coding, and algorithm.

The issue with this new system is that no matter what difficulty / option you choose you still remain in the same group in the KL event, which has to be detremental to the F2P and Low payers, as you just will not obtain the same scores as the buyers. It is also now very difficult with these changes to events and prizes to get to the levels you need to get the PO items, before I could just a out get them, but no longer, and fall short when running out of one thing or another.

What happens then is that more people become bored with 1-2 days of an event, and log off for the remainder, which isn't really good for the game, which originally did hold your attention and kept players online, but this doesn't seem to concern GGE.
  • PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,076
    For all of you who don't believe that there haven't been any changes, do the math, show me the math and then argue your point. I am not going to argue if something has changed or not when there's 0 evidence of it being changed.

I know the math behind glory and I have published it on the forum before, the troops you fight on intermediate + are weak and don't give a lot of glory. They have a glory value of 2.0, veteran troops have a value of 2.6 and lvl 1 mead defenders are 3.6.

The fact that global effects don't apply these units also means their base value isn't boosted, but the glory formula has not changed. You're just fighting weaker troops but at a higher troop count and thus getting similar losses.
    Ive also notice that the active global effects we usually see in these 2 events seem to have stopped, and as some of these  boosted troop defenders so that has to have an effect on overall glory.

As I said in my previous post its always going to be difficult to prove any, or if, actual changes have been made within a game, players will only ever draw those conclusions from playing the same events over and over and  with repetative systems of attack suddenly producing less of something than expected , and normally got, so there will always be a stand off with all parties thinking they are right.with what has happened.
    Ive also notice that the active global effects we usually see in these 2 events seem to have stopped, and as some of these  boosted troop defenders so that has to have an effect on overall glory.

As I said in my previous post its always going to be difficult to prove any, or if, actual changes have been made within a game, players will only ever draw those conclusions from playing the same events over and over and  with repetative systems of attack suddenly producing less of something than expected , and normally got, so there will always be a stand off with all parties thinking they are right.with what has happened.
    Use the formula to calculate glory, test it on a battle report, see that it's still valid, end of discussion right? :)
  • this update is the worst i ever seeing  in this game  . am attacking a 4 k target whit my best com  , and  best guys ruby guys and losing 2k plus guys on each hit   , this never happen to me beffor   i will stop playing this event  all together its not worth the small rewards anyway  2 page  litle rewards ? and almost  50% less glory  whit 50% lost   not worth my time and money  i will not be getting $ 300 a month whit the sale any moor  you guys just took all the fun away  from all players  . kimdom league will be almost impossible to do  so what is left to do ? really  good game you are killing your game slowly . 

PLEASE FIXT THIS EVENT  
    this update is the worst i ever seeing  in this game  . am attacking a 4 k target whit my best com  , and  best guys ruby guys and losing 2k plus guys on each hit   , this never happen to me beffor   i will stop playing this event  all together its not worth the small rewards anyway  2 page  litle rewards ? and almost  50% less glory  whit 50% lost   not worth my time and money  i will not be getting $ 300 a month whit the sale any moor  you guys just took all the fun away  from all players  . kimdom league will be almost impossible to do  so what is left to do ? really  good game you are killing your game slowly . 

PLEASE FIXT THIS EVENT  
    I will speak to the studio about this, while the glory formula hasn't changed, the troops have become a bit weaker and the casts have become a bit stronger, resulting in similar battle reports but with potentially less glory.
  • monty242 (GB1)monty242 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    The re-ferbishment of the FC/BC system is toatlly useless and only benefits the big ruby players. The actual rewards positions have gone down and stops any standard player from obtaining them. Current winner of the FC event on 1.6 billion glory. What an utter disgrace. No wonder previous regular players are leaving what used to be a good game. There have been so many changes over the past couple of years, all of which only benefit those wishing to spend and spend.  Get your act together GGE or you will lose a lot more players!!
    monty242 @ en 1
    Do we know why it seems that GGE have stopped the standard global affect points that were normally given in FC & BC classic event before this update. It did at least help when some castles held certain troops !
  • Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 320
    so it's not only me who's getting less GLORY from this event 
    Do we know why it seems that GGE have stopped the standard global affect points that were normally given in FC & BC classic event before this update. It did at least help when some castles held certain troops !
    No point giving a global effect for troops that aren't used in glory castles anymore.
    No point giving a global effect for troops that aren't used in glory castles anymore.
    but they still are in the classic version
  • Do we know why it seems that GGE have stopped the standard global affect points that were normally given in FC & BC classic event before this update. It did at least help when some castles held certain troops !
    Beats me why they cant the give the info out beforehand then. Wouldn't of wasted me f'ing time wondering why the glory scores have been so low
  • For all of you who don't believe that there haven't been any changes, do the math, show me the math and then argue your point. I am not going to argue if something has changed or not when there's 0 evidence of it being changed.

I know the math behind glory and I have published it on the forum before, the troops you fight on intermediate + are weak and don't give a lot of glory. They have a glory value of 2.0, veteran troops have a value of 2.6 and lvl 1 mead defenders are 3.6.

The fact that global effects don't apply these units also means their base value isn't boosted, but the glory formula has not changed. You're just fighting weaker troops but at a higher troop count and thus getting similar losses.
    why similar lost  if the troops are weaker ?

IF you are playing in the classic version then your Glory will be down on many castles as under the standard global effect players would get 50% extra on castles that had composits in and flame bearers, these still exist in these castles but the global effects have been removed, so a little bit scrooge by GGE.

Unless of course Ive been playing the wrong game !
  • IF you are playing in the classic version then your Glory will be down on many castles as under the standard global effect players would get 50% extra on castles that had composits in and flame bearers, these still exist in these castles but the global effects have been removed, so a little bit scrooge by GGE.

i'm doing classic (again) and the castles seem similar - but activating alliance glory boost seemss to have lost it's effect - also adding glory symbol to flag  also does not seem to work like it did !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    TBH from what I can see its a total mish mash, and isn't working as it should, either by design or accident.

I think it should be re-thought as most players everywhere seem unhappy with the results, and the questions  from them, all the same. 
    To a cynic, GGE seem to cutting back on just about everything no matter how small, or it seems, at the cost to players leaving. I.m hoping that the developers will realise its not such a good update as it is afterall, but will they, and can they put it right. We will have to wait and see!
  • And4 (SKN1)And4 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 6
    With regard to the FI/BC update I like the idea about being able to select of castle but not this format. Let each one pick a Castle among the ten on your card and let them be on different strenth and composition so you are not forced to play an chosen level in all the period. And let us get the glory we had before. In this way you lose too many troops for too little glory. That you get tired of dooing. 
    And4 @ skn 1
    edited 11.11.2021
    On the next Fc eventI think its quite easy to work out if your glory's goin to be the same as now, before you make your FC attack choice, just look at the active global effect symbal top right of screen, if there is no 50% extra glory on for FC castle defenders then you will only get low glory back, so make your choice from that but classic will be a bust !
    IF you are playing in the classic version then your Glory will be down on many castles as under the standard global effect players would get 50% extra on castles that had composits in and flame bearers, these still exist in these castles but the global effects have been removed, so a little bit scrooge by GGE.

i'm doing classic (again) and the castles seem similar - but activating alliance glory boost seemss to have lost it's effect - also adding glory symbol to flag  also does not seem to work like it did !
    Both still work as intended, nothing has changed here.
Sign In to comment.