Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

This game is on self destruct

146»

Comments

• Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 492
    Everything that you have put in your post is what has led to this game falling apart, and will continue to do so. In case you haven't noticed the forum is almost dying with hardly any traffic at all especially from those that at one time were very active, and this probably means that they to are either going or thinking of. 
    The game is a free download, but in order to compete at any sort of higher level you have to spend real money, this is why its losing its F2P status amongst players, and if you lose them then the ruby players lose their targets and a lot of the PvP in the game. Everything that has been written with regards to what players expect from GGE has been written so maybe you should read through the posts going back a bit for some insight. Although your post has all the earmarks of what I would expect from a Mod, so you wont get far that way.

I person 1 account is in GGE's own T&C so you would expect them to uphold them, and despite you comments they have had plenty of proof about accounts and many computer people know that they can do a lot more if they want to, but of course they do not, so they have brought it down on them selves. I'm not going to go through your post and answer it all as its stuff that has been gone through over and over, with no response from GGE.
    Threatening to leave the game does do something it makes others realise that the underlying current in the player base is unhappy, and the more that inform players of this then the more that the servers will empty, except for new accounts. The game has been going downhill since 2014, and GGE has done nothing to try to stop it, they were warned by players over and over that they were leaving, and if GGE didn't listen then more fool them, and it has happened

All long established players have poured ideas and thoughts out to GGE both through Support and the forum, its just not listened to. They don't want players ideas, or help, which makes your call about what players want to happen, rubbish to be honest, and just another time wasting excercise by yourself. Many ruby players have called it a day as at one time support and GGE used to lsten to some of what they said, this has stooped and they realise it was totally wasted, and left, before they to wasted even more money.
    If you enjoy the game great, but don't try to belittle those that have had enough and said and actually, left the game, you wont get brownie points trying to defend GGE that way. If you have some idea's then send them to support, and look at their response, but GGE don't take ideas from here, and amny have tried.

Solutions and comments been and failed
    So even more players up and bailed
    More ideas please, listen you mailed
    Leave our Mods alone you wailed.
    The game is dead, it has been nailed
    The sunsets left, Oooo look its sailed
  • Truth is business strategy is far more complex than a simple principal.  WE have seen giants fall in our lifetimes since they have not managed enough factors.  Yes of course the 20% are important but people are by nature fickle and the clever businesses engage in all parts of their business looking at groups of customers in tiers by their spend.  How do you get moderate spenders to spend more and so on.  Indeed, how to close the spend differentials between each tier.  After all, far better to have a 70/30 than a 80/20 since risk is spread and 1-2 customers leaving have a far reduced impact.  But anyway GGS is what it is and I think it would be hard to argue the longevity of this game based on the viewpoint towards its customer base.
    The pareto principle is one of the reasons giants can fall so hard, it would obviously be best to be 50/50.
    But a common example is that 20% does half the work within the company, then when something goes wrong at the company the best people leave, seeking better oppertunities. When that happens you could lose a very small percentage of your employees but miss half your work rate.
    Indeed, but I guess you are not involved in business strategy since as I said people are fickle.  Do you really believe any business can offer such incentives to guarantee keeping the 20% and that they cannot be tempted to move all be it for a new experience.  lol...nah.  Any business that has 20% doing 80% of the work is in a pretty bad place and I would suggest that they take a long look at why 80% are cruising compared to the 20% as I suggest that we all stick with our day jobs and what we may be good at
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,439
    Truth is business strategy is far more complex than a simple principal.  WE have seen giants fall in our lifetimes since they have not managed enough factors.  Yes of course the 20% are important but people are by nature fickle and the clever businesses engage in all parts of their business looking at groups of customers in tiers by their spend.  How do you get moderate spenders to spend more and so on.  Indeed, how to close the spend differentials between each tier.  After all, far better to have a 70/30 than a 80/20 since risk is spread and 1-2 customers leaving have a far reduced impact.  But anyway GGS is what it is and I think it would be hard to argue the longevity of this game based on the viewpoint towards its customer base.
    The pareto principle is one of the reasons giants can fall so hard, it would obviously be best to be 50/50.
    But a common example is that 20% does half the work within the company, then when something goes wrong at the company the best people leave, seeking better oppertunities. When that happens you could lose a very small percentage of your employees but miss half your work rate.
    Indeed, but I guess you are not involved in business strategy since as I said people are fickle.  Do you really believe any business can offer such incentives to guarantee keeping the 20% and that they cannot be tempted to move all be it for a new experience.  lol...nah.  Any business that has 20% doing 80% of the work is in a pretty bad place and I would suggest that they take a long look at why 80% are cruising compared to the 20% as I suggest that we all stick with our day jobs and what we may be good at
    Correct, I am just a player who moderates the forum. I don't even recall what made me bring it up in the first place, but I do know I didn't bring it up to defend any of the recent changes.
  • Everything that you have put in your post is what has led to this game falling apart, and will continue to do so. In case you haven't noticed the forum is almost dying with hardly any traffic at all especially from those that at one time were very active, and this probably means that they to are either going or thinking of. 
    The game is a free download, but in order to compete at any sort of higher level you have to spend real money, this is why its losing its F2P status amongst players, and if you lose them then the ruby players lose their targets and a lot of the PvP in the game. Everything that has been written with regards to what players expect from GGE has been written so maybe you should read through the posts going back a bit for some insight. Although your post has all the earmarks of what I would expect from a Mod, so you wont get far that way.

I person 1 account is in GGE's own T&C so you would expect them to uphold them, and despite you comments they have had plenty of proof about accounts and many computer people know that they can do a lot more if they want to, but of course they do not, so they have brought it down on them selves. I'm not going to go through your post and answer it all as its stuff that has been gone through over and over, with no response from GGE.
    Threatening to leave the game does do something it makes others realise that the underlying current in the player base is unhappy, and the more that inform players of this then the more that the servers will empty, except for new accounts. The game has been going downhill since 2014, and GGE has done nothing to try to stop it, they were warned by players over and over that they were leaving, and if GGE didn't listen then more fool them, and it has happened

All long established players have poured ideas and thoughts out to GGE both through Support and the forum, its just not listened to. They don't want players ideas, or help, which makes your call about what players want to happen, rubbish to be honest, and just another time wasting excercise by yourself. Many ruby players have called it a day as at one time support and GGE used to lsten to some of what they said, this has stooped and they realise it was totally wasted, and left, before they to wasted even more money.
    If you enjoy the game great, but don't try to belittle those that have had enough and said and actually, left the game, you wont get brownie points trying to defend GGE that way. If you have some idea's then send them to support, and look at their response, but GGE don't take ideas from here, and amny have tried.

Solutions and comments been and failed
    So even more players up and bailed
    More ideas please, listen you mailed
    Leave our Mods alone you wailed.
    The game is dead, it has been nailed
    The sunsets left, Oooo look its sailed

dude seriously do everyone a favor and just leave the game...... what do u want GG to boot u off the server before you realize your washed up and are in need of a a new game to play... nobody cares that you feel the game is dead....why are you still playing a dead game anyways??? change servers...take a break....  you are the one that thinks that your threat to leave the game is going to get you anything from GG... we are talking about a 10 year old game wanting gg to pour their money into it just because you think they should.... you think gg should do more but u bring no solutions  to the table... so why even bother with it ... sings "sometimes i feel like im beating a dead horse and i dont know why u keep bringing me down"

the thing u said about the minor league players leaving the minors means that the ruby players wont have any targets makes no sense.... unless you see yourself as a victim... GG your not doing enough ...i want my 10 year old game to be like fresh and new again but im unhappy so i wont be purchasing anything you have to offer at this time... you wont get my money anymore...  GG you invest your money into the game while i invest somewhere else...do u see how that sounds???
    your bitter and brittle bro..... kick rocks

the sunsets left so why dont you....
    oh but you thought u had a clue...
    no solutions to be had as u run off crying and mad
    so you can take your wooden tools back home
    call gg on the phone but u get only a dial tone
    im willing to bet you suck at attacking and defending if you were all alone....
    you are one mixed up person, that seems to be mixing players posts up to suit yourself. 90% of what you wrote isn't relevant, 10%  is whatever your smoking talking.
    I wonder if you can in fact read, and if you can what the words mean. The indicators are that you don't, I cant make my mind up if your a kid or adult as its so mixed up, but I do think you probably come out in favour of multi's and shells for the most obvious reasoning!, which is your experience of them  ;);).
    Now try to be a good boy and do a bit of reading on past posts and try to see who wrote what and where, its marvelous therapy, and a bit of honey on your thumb will help with your attention span, and will stop you making foolish comments about no one giving GGE ideas, help, to save the game. If your goin to play with the big boys and post on big boy forums, at least try to keep up with the threads on idea's, and ingame problems, it will save many readers having to read the same old posts over and over, and once your done log on regulaly as you can keep yourself up to date with whats written.

You have a nce day now!
  • kick rocks bro ....nobody cares
    And there you go!,  Why would I want to kick rocks, broooo.

Hey dude, seen any turtles around lately, you know those big green things with shells on their backs.  NAH, nobody cares anyway!.  

Chill bro!
  • berty23uk (GB1)berty23uk (GB1) GB1 Posts: 13
    are we finally going to see the samurai on friday???? why do these never pop up as much now? changes the scenery 
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 50
    sams are actually down to be played when bloodclaws have finished 1/2 days from now 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file