Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

This game is on self destruct

Comments

• bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 52
    hi poseidon

the theory of what you say may be correct but it then depends on what factors you use with it

ie some have longer cases to work on others are more difficult some have stacks of easy cases 

we just beg to differ and im happy to leave it at that 
    from what your said  i can see what direction gge want to go 

but thanks again for your help we beg to differ but the one good thing to come out of this is i might as well review    how i play this game
     i will have a think over the next few days
    enjoy the game
    and thanks again for your input
    bazz

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    So why don't gge get rid of all us peasants and just leave the 10 players who spend all the money

seems you and gge don't really need us peasants. 

• they need us to only lie and claim that they have 1M registed players :lol::lol::lol:
  • bazzara (GB1)bazzara (GB1) GB1 Posts: 52
    haha 
    is that  not what what they are  doing 
    sorry for those  comments

• you can "square root" my ass
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 495
    after spending a bit of time researching this term, it seems that there are as many critics against it, as there are people for it. This in my opinion does not make it a tried and tested method, far from it.
    Many critics say it is so dangerous to use in a compny that it can, and has create major issues.
    They do agree that it does seem to be having a revival at present, but again it can be disastious once people become aware that its being used somewhere in reality.
    The logic is that if 80% of people become aware that they are not being treated as fairly as the 20%, simply because some people may be trying to make those 80% try harder, buy more, and getting less than the 20% then many of those 80% will become demoralised, and p..d off, they leave. What happens then is also proven, which is once the 80% begin to leave, then so do the 20% for various reasons depending on the venture.
    This is now the case with GGE/stillfront. You have introduced a theory into the game feedback, with some reasoning for it being there. Now you have given all players a focal point, am I 1 of 80%, or 1 of 20%. All the whales will now be saying, of course I'm one of the 20%, but are they, what is that magic number that clears the threshold. More importantly players will say, 'is that all we are, numbers. No loyalty to game for X years etc, and there is your reason there are no new events and why everything is going up within the game, with the less for more theory that GGE now use, since being taken over by Stillfront. Even they are in the loop, with less staff but more work.
    Nothing will change, its just looking for words and theories meant to befuddle, and bemuse, us simple, simple players.
  • forestw (AU1)forestw (AU1) AU1 Posts: 364
    after spending a bit of time researching this term, it seems that there are as many critics against it, as there are people for it. This in my opinion does not make it a tried and tested method, far from it.
    Many critics say it is so dangerous to use in a compny that it can, and has create major issues.
    They do agree that it does seem to be having a revival at present, but again it can be disastious once people become aware that its being used somewhere in reality.
    The logic is that if 80% of people become aware that they are not being treated as fairly as the 20%, simply because some people may be trying to make those 80% try harder, buy more, and getting less than the 20% then many of those 80% will become demoralised, and p..d off, they leave. What happens then is also proven, which is once the 80% begin to leave, then so do the 20% for various reasons depending on the venture.
    This is now the case with GGE/stillfront. You have introduced a theory into the game feedback, with some reasoning for it being there. Now you have given all players a focal point, am I 1 of 80%, or 1 of 20%. All the whales will now be saying, of course I'm one of the 20%, but are they, what is that magic number that clears the threshold. More importantly players will say, 'is that all we are, numbers. No loyalty to game for X years etc, and there is your reason there are no new events and why everything is going up within the game, with the less for more theory that GGE now use, since being taken over by Stillfront. Even they are in the loop, with less staff but more work.
    Nothing will change, its just looking for words and theories meant to befuddle, and bemuse, us simple, simple players.
    Im a little confused why you keep mentioning percentages and various figures.
    This is a very simple issue: When Tommy started this game, he was in elementary school. 
    Today, he is a young man and needs funds for university.
    His mum has been gracious enough to allow him to set up several servers in the house basement, but this has caused her electricity bill to increase substantially. Freeloaders dont seem to care: they just get upset when she asks for a few extra dollars to help pay the family bills.

You cannot ask Tommy to sacrifice his whole life in his mums basement on this game so you have entertainment. He will need to hire some help while he is at school.

Senior Officer
    Boo Masters Alliance - AU1 and World1 servers
    *a division of the DPRK Gaming Club
    For recruitment inquiries, contact Juggernaut or Sam
    For FREE Giveaway Events, message me or OldBags1973
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,459
    So why don't gge get rid of all us peasants and just leave the 10 players who spend all the money

The other players are obviously of great value as well. I wasn't trying to downplay the rest, just got caught up in a discussion about the pareto principle..
    People are against it because it's obviously flawed that all the wealth accumulates in a small group. and it's actually the other way around, 20% do 80% of the work. Or the square root does half the work, both are pretty much the same.

This also explains why enormous companies can crash extremely hard and fast. Think about it, you have 10.000 employees but a scandal happens, your best 100 employees leave because they know they have options elsewhere. These were the people who did half the work! This will quickly spiral out of control as you now have 9900 others who need to double their productivity.

Anyways, I will leave it at that, like I said earlier, I didn't bring it up to justify anything.
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    at end of the day doesn't matter what the top few spend . if the rest of the 80%  or 90 % 
    who make up the game leave. this game is will be well and truly f-----

:p 
  • Domlin (US1)Domlin (US1) US1 Posts: 148
    When 80% of the players can't even leave defense in their castles what is the motivation for the 20% to spend money? To outbid each other?

Letting us survive 3-4 repeated attacks must be better business than getting wiped in one super-attack. The punishment for defending has become too extreme.

The attackers only seem to care about the big wins but we are left with a terrible mess, which is not worth participating in. We can just opt out by reducing the number of troops, sending them to safe houses and firecasting. They can still attack but the punishment for losing is very small in comparison.

People suggest we wait til the balance of the game tilts to defense, but they really don't even update the game anymore. You can say there was some kind of tool update, but I wlll have to get back to you sometime around the year 2035 to provide feedback on that.
    Domlin @ usa 1
  • Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 76
    The Pareto rule, more commonly known as the 80:20 rule, I am sure is true. But the difference is, if you take a shop for example, and 80% of customers (who make 20% of the shops profits) leave, the shop will still make enough profits from the remaining 20% to survive. The 20% are not affected by the 80% who stop shopping there.
    If 80% of the players of this game leave, who are the remaining 20% going to play against? Each other? Most of them only like picking on smaller and weaker players rather than players their own strength. So the game slowly dies. And this is the problem right now, the 80% are very unhappy and have been for a long time and i know of many players who have stopped playing for this reason..
    The fact that this game is no longer about strategy, and tactics. It's about who is willing to spend more. Do you really think it's fair that a player that grinds for days or weeks, can have all that work undone by a player in 30seconds just with a few mouse clicks and buying unlimited attackers, unlimited tools, the best equipments, 5 extra waves, etc etc
    Players who want to spend real money, I don't mind them getting some advantage, but no way should that advantage be as huge as it currently is. Every single event, you can guarantee a high place just by spending more. Go to Outer Realms or Beyond The Horizon, and the points ladder is immediately split into two obvious groupings, the big spenders (the 20%) who pick on all the lower level players at the top, and the rest (the 80%) left to try and fight for the lower positions.
    You can literally buy almost unlimited troops every day. How does GGS think that is fair?
    Add to that, the blatant multi-accounting that happens that GGS seems to not care about or do anything about, it's no wonder so many players are not happy. When GGS say there are x number of active players, I guarantee many of those would be multi accounts, not unique players. There's so much GGS could do to stop this, but they choose not to, and the game will continue to slowly die until they fix these things.

Tony C @ WWW 1
  • The game is just about there already, and just give it a year or two more. unless they do a 180 which I doubt.

You are also 100% right the 20% BIG/MED spenders do not want to hit/attack their own as that is a no win for them.  They know that if they do they will just buy more Defense to keep going and a winner will never be crowned.  So much easier to hit us 80% or what is left of us.

The only thing I am wondering now is will GGE Studio/Stillfront give advance warning about the game to be terminated.  Sort of like Microsoft and Adobe did on some of their programs.   

Or will they just let the buying go on with no word from them to us till they turn off the servers.   

I would bet the later as they will not care if a player spends $$ the day before the lights go out.  Got to get that last juice out of the players.  

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,525

they are very busey with it ;)

flug @ nl 1

• they have many plans and we aren't in it :joy::lol::lol:
    Yet another event bite the dust, the Crows, and of course the FC's. I've never seen so many castles around the 500 troop level, and that includes many with attackers in as well. 
    GGE certainly know how to put the finishing touches to a game, wont be long now so they must have some sort of master plan to keep the whales with them. I speculate it will be that once the UK server reaches a certain point they will offer up some sort of solution to the whales, and s.d evryone else. ONly problem there is I think they are going on numbers, not player accounts, and they will be surprised when they realise they have passed the point of no return because of that oversight.
    As far as F2P goes, i think the server just serves as a media chat place for old friends, and as sonn as enough of them move on those numbers will bottom out as well. A lot of other review sites show that many people agree that this game is no longer a F2P, or even a low spend game, so it looks like Stillfront have done their job again!
    Yet another event bite the dust, the Crows, and of course the FC's. I've never seen so many castles around the 500 troop level, and that includes many with attackers in as well. 
    GGE certainly know how to put the finishing touches to a game, wont be long now so they must have some sort of master plan to keep the whales with them. I speculate it will be that once the UK server reaches a certain point they will offer up some sort of solution to the whales, and s.d evryone else. ONly problem there is I think they are going on numbers, not player accounts, and they will be surprised when they realise they have passed the point of no return because of that oversight.
    As far as F2P goes, i think the server just serves as a media chat place for old friends, and as sonn as enough of them move on those numbers will bottom out as well. A lot of other review sites show that many people agree that this game is no longer a F2P, or even a low spend game, so it looks like Stillfront have done their job again!
    No changes have been made.
    I think that is a bit of a mis-statement, and would depend on your view of the game, and what time frame you include it in. The last people i would expect any announcements for changes would be youself or the game management . Other than that the game is rife with changes, which is why the game is being deserted, and left to its demise.
    New accounts open up stay till the obligotary lvl for the free software, and then leave. People are asking if the game is even worth playing now with negative responses so i think the changes made to date have settled the issue.
  • BM_DaishoBM_Daisho Moderator Posts: 192
    It's really not that deep. The glory events literally haven't been changed
    With the current GGE info running record,
    why! would anyone believe anything thats being put out!.

I always say that the proof is in what happens when you are playing, not what is said afterwards.
    So sorry!, just no confidence in your statements.

You'll be saying next that GGE are looking after their F2P players fairly, and they have equal chances to win against ruby players!.  ;).

The only people that could make statements regarding no changes in the game would have to be company people, and their opinions would then have to be considered biased, and unacceptable..
    To make that statement as non company people they would either have to unbelivably rewarded, with no worry as to their reputation, or unbelivably niave, and still well rewarded.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file