Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

New buildings just a dream for most, sorry Mods and CM's (Math provided)

I decided to do some basic math on the new buildings which might be useful but are out of reach for 98-99% of us if we are to be realistic and honest.  GGE has not changed the number or ways you can get sceats and may not.  So even if the buildings and tools are decent we (F2P and low/mid buyers) will not ever really get to see them.

So lets do some math and have someone (maybe a mod or CM)  tell us how we are to look forward to these buildings.  Of course I am thinking about the F2P and low buyers and even mid buyers.  I have heard that Mini whales and Whales are also not seeing this update positive either.   This math assumes you do not spend any sceats on the actual tools once they are active (last tab in HoL) which are a lot of additional sceats to activate.

THE MATH NOW:

Building/Activation is 3500 sceats and we will say all 7 lines are that amount.  Note: On the set above in the HoL they did go up some each level.

8 buildings 
3500 x 8 = 28,000 sceats
Last build has 3 levels so add 7000 more

Total needed is 35,000 sceats just to activate the lines

The best I have ever done in a month is about 500 sceats

35,000 / 500 = 70 months (5 years, 10 months)

Does anyone think a player will even be around in 5 years and will even care about these buildings then.

Then there is the wait time on actually building the building and that is 100+ days for most players ( I assume a few Super Whales may spend rubies to fast build)

That will tie up any other building you want to do as you can only do 1 thing at a time.

In conclusion this update is a total joke/waste for just about all players as is. 

Maybe the Mod's or CM's can shed some light on how we are to stay interested in doing these knowing these facts.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• The mods did say that there may be future ways of obtaining sceats, which I would say are very likely considering the forum's reaction.
    Going off your maths, this future method would probably be quite significant, as even tripling the 500 you mention would still take over a year.
    I imagine it'll be through the master blacksmith.
  • I agree they should make them more available but there is no guarantee of that and I have not seen any rumors or announcements on more sceats coming soon.

Also I figure if you are a mid buyer you may get 1000 at month and then it would only take you, wait for it......

35,000 / 1000 = 35 months ( 2 years and 11 months)

Of course that is still only for the 7 items (last item 3 upgrades).

Again this assumes also you do not use ANY SCEATS for anything else.

Any Mod or CM care to shed some light on how to do this and still stay interested in this mess that I call it.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • poiuyt (WORLD1)poiuyt (WORLD1) Posts: 403
    edited 07.07.2021
    how much you imagine we can get per week 10 :D and how much the cost 1M gold coins :D:D:D
    as a result i doubt it will be there and even thinking about that is horrible idea as long as it's nerfed almost to ground
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,355
    Okay so let's not go around assuming things, the keep is the most expensive building, the others cost far less.

You also state that none spenders and small/medium spenders won't be able to get their hands on these buildings if nothing changes, but you fail to realize that whaling on sceats is barely a thing. If you want to maximize the number of sceats you get you are forced to play the storm islands event. Spending money there gives such a small advantage that I would argue it can be neglected.
    Having said that, big spenders won't be able to access these items either. Like I said, your assumptions here are a bit wrong as the buildings don't cost as much as you think they do. But I do believe they still cost far too much which leads me to the following conclusion.

Given the fact that the Studio has no ill intent nor would they ever push out an update to "kill off" the game, I can only assume that changes are bound to be made to the number of sceats you can get to accommodate this update. If this ends up being the case it would be a major win for all of the smaller and none spenders. Increasing the number of sceats you can get would allow these players to quickly max out their mead departments and start producing mead.

I had a look at the prices for the new buildings and they are surprisingly low so you won't have to worry about picking mead or tools. I think you can easily focus on mead and then construct a new building every once in a while.
    The mods did say that there may be future ways of obtaining sceats, which I would say are very likely considering the forum's reaction.
    Going off your maths, this future method would probably be quite significant, as even tripling the 500 you mention would still take over a year.
    I hope this won't upset too many people but, big content updates like these taking around a year to complete isn't that crazy.
    This update will almost completely change the way we go about attacking other castles, be it pvp or pve.
    Having a change like this happen overnight wouldn't be a good thing if you ask me.
  • Coors1 (US1)Coors1 (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    You would think they would have brought out the full update then, with the added sceats to be obtained more easily.

all they have done so far is force a few players who were already on the fence to quit, which i know a few already that packed there bags up, and most likely not coming back, told me the game just priced them out.

Pretty sad in my opinion on how this all came to be, great thought, horrible execution.
    Coors1 @ usa 1
    You would think they would have brought out the full update then, with the added sceats to be obtained more easily.

all they have done so far is force a few players who were already on the fence to quit, which i know a few already that packed there bags up, and most likely not coming back, told me the game just priced them out.

Pretty sad in my opinion on how this all came to be, great thought, horrible execution.
    No one forces you to grind for these buildings eh. For me it's just like the update has never happened, I am continuing to upgrade my troops while waiting for the prices to drop or the sceats to increase. I don't have any info regarding lowering the prices or adding more sceats to the game, I don't even know if it's going to happen, I just assume it will.
    But I do remember the game sort of breaking when they updated the kingdom league rewards midway through, so that might be an explanation for why this hasn't happened yet. I just don't know, all I know is that the studio knows that these items are unobtainable right now.
  • ok I will believe you Poseidon X when you say the other building lines cost far less to update as you saw the totals.

Can you give us some numbers please.

Or a rough gauge like they drop by 1/2 after you do the keep.

Also would it not be better to let players know the total then so we do not assume or speculate on stuff.

Seems logical to know the cost of items.  
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
    ok I will believe you Poseidon X when you say the other building lines cost far less to update as you saw the totals.

Also would it not be better to let players know the total then so we do not assume or speculate on stuff.

It's sort of public information but also not entirely.

Searching for stuff as I type, I found the costs (Not sceats), still looking for the rest.

half the constructions times^

I will post the rest later.

• fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    ok I will believe you Poseidon X when you say the other building lines cost far less to update as you saw the totals.

Searching for stuff as I type, I found the costs (Not sceats), still looking for the rest.

And the Duration time can be  shortened with time skips right ?? 
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292

I would say no chance, as GGE want you to rubie them !!
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • I thank you for looking up some info.

As for it being published I do not know where to look.

Maybe the German's have better info then the other servers as this is a German based game.

The sceats cost for lines 2 + would be nice also.  

Thanks for trying to clear this up.   But if GGE was more upfront on stuff it sure would be better for all.

I am not that familiar with German stuff and games they make except this one.   Is it usual for most German game makers to keep so much info secret on their game.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Obviously but these are with a level 1 keep, a level 5+ keep cuts the duration in half.
    I thank you for looking up some info.

As for it being published I do not know where to look.

Maybe the German's have better info then the other servers as this is a German based game.

The sceats cost for lines 2 + would be nice also.  

Thanks for trying to clear this up.   But if GGE was more upfront on stuff it sure would be better for all.

I am not that familiar with German stuff and games they make except this one.   Is it usual for most German game makers to keep so much info secret on their game.
    The language spoken at the studio is English and the game si written in English so that shouldn't be too big of a deal ;-)

1. why posted siege/defense workshop while we have lvl3 so we can see the prices there 
    2. the time shown is building time or research time
    3. why can't i see informations of lvl5 research tower
  • Please give Poseidon X some time and I am sure he will give us all the info he can which I hope is more.

I really appreciate what you do and I try to be fair in my comments.

Can you do one of your spreadsheets on this new set from Keep 7 and other buildings.  Please and include all items weather you have the numbers or not.

That way you can just fill in the numbers as they become available.

Thanks Poseidon

Justinlegoboy
    US1
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

1. why posted siege/defense workshop while we have lvl3 so we can see the prices there 
    2. the time shown is building time or research time
    3. why can't i see informations of lvl5 research tower
    Research time.
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 07.07.2021
    Thats is a *** load of Sceats needed 
  • Research time.
    but why didn't they showed the building information is it massively increased don't be shy or they forgot to show us?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file