Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
    Perhaps we need a way of getting rid of some of the old unwanted tools that would help. Just totalled up some that I have 28k scaling ladders 15k rams, 28k wooden mantlets, Then we have banners (red flags) that never get used (still collect banners from the amount of points we pick up through the alliance). I now only use Horsetails and the big banners from MB. To me horsetails was an improvement from having to build those Red Flags, all the time, which also slowed attacks. We still get things I've never used and auto select never puts in, like Wolverine Rams (8687). 
    I did suggest we got asked whether we accepted some of these tools, instead of just awarding. It was the same with some of the old troops we use to get
  • Well my wife has been after me for the last few years to stop spending so much time on this game, and to a lesser extent  the bit of money that I do. Well congratulations GGE you at least have made her happy. The way things were it was possible to compete with some of the whales by spending a lot of time on the game and a little money. Now there is no chance so time to hunker down, play less and see if the game is still around when it is down to 150 players competing against each other.

Feeding us the BS about inflation though...come on, we have seen that lame excuse before and nobody believed it then. If you want to make it more believable in the future (if there is a next time) try not to shovel all the deals at us where we could buy what we just were able to earn for $30. We know what the goal is , were not stupid and as a result were going to try and make sure it isnt a success. 

Since we have given away the fact that were not stupid and we realize this is about revenue here is an idea for you that gets us all what we want. Fire about half the idiots that keep changing our game. Tell the other half to work on fixing buggs and lag in the game and we will all be happy. You will get more profit and we are happy your not constantly fucking our game up.

Oh and if your looking at my account to see what I spend this is not my account. Since I never post in these damn forums I couldnt figure out how to log in under mine so your getting these wonderful thoughts from my sons account.

• StylishSI (AU1)StylishSI (AU1) AU1 Posts: 153
    After reading Poseidon's post, I sort of get where they're coming from. But regardless, it was a bit of a bombshell and way too sudden. Increasing the prices TENFOLD is too drastic of a measure to implement, while also changing the conversion ratio of silver to gold to 1:2 

IMO, the whole inflation thing makes sense after reading Pos' post, but they could've stuck with either just changing the ratio to 1:2, or quadrupling the price, NOT increasing it tenfold. BOTH of these simultaneously isn't really the optimal approach to the issue.

Regardless of event tools, I don't see any reason for making the WoF tickets so expensive. Personally I've never used them, but I can see why many players are reasonably frustrated about this. Players would simply buy 20k or more and take a shot for rubies. I really don't see how making these drastically more expensive is feasible. 
    Sussy baka 

• Aegon Targaryen (INT2)Aegon Targaryen (INT2) INT2 Posts: 187
    edited 05.06.2021
    We players are like a women that is beaten by her man every single day and she keeps being quiet not reporting him to the police, and always when she get little bit mad returns to him no matter she´s going to be beaten again. 

For real it is really hard to get all these updates and u know u can´t do anything about that not even massive complaining of players couldnt do anything here. Im sad that players are fighting to attract others to the game to find friends, family to play the game but the company that is running the game is doing everything to get rid off the existing player base. :/ How to recommend the game to anyone when i know its like telling someone hey please take this dose of heroin its nothing... U know they will get addicted, having nothing and no benefits from it, just getting down like this time we all feel. 

First storm, then blacksmith, i wonder what is next...
  • sudu (IN1)sudu (IN1) IN1 Posts: 176
    To be honest, according to the changes in BS, the amount of gold and silver awarded in events are also not enough.. Even they have changed the amount of silver coins players receive when converting gold in to silver. Previously it was 3 silver coins per 1 gold, now it is 2 S per 1G...
    sudu @ in 1
  • elendil (NL1)elendil (NL1) NL1 Posts: 83
    This is not balancing the game or do something of the stock of things people got. 
    Nothing to buy from gold if you play 9 years, had all red heroes, most blue heroes and all deco above 1000.
    and for silver only tools and lottery tickets. 

So only things i bought from smitty are now more expensive and now no reasons left to do much for events if you do not want only stupid temporary items. 
    elendil @ nl 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    Well, all I can say is that I am sorry if my post upset you.

Believe me. I am not upset at you. I fully understand that it is the overlords of GGS that think my khan inventory is "massively inflated", that it somehow "unbalances the game", and that I haven't paid *cough cough* worked hard enough for the reward.

Now, if you want to go on record and say this was 100% your characterization and not GGS's, that is another matter. But then I would only counter with, then what is really going here?
    I will say this, I have no doubt that people their inventories have grown bigger over the past year since the introduction of the blacksmith and I can see how this might not be the desired effect but I believe this is caused by many different reasons that aren't all being addressed which leads to a scenario where the blacksmith is being nerfed harder than it should.
    Inventories are getting stock piled from blacksmith. so are ggs going to
    stop the buying of all these extra tools in the sales and in event bundles.
    So if I spend money I can stock pile loads , but that is what it comes
    down to  ggs just want players to spend more money and not get cheap stuff
    in blacksmith. why can't they just be honest and say that is what they want.
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,449
    Well, all I can say is that I am sorry if my post upset you.

Believe me. I am not upset at you. I fully understand that it is the overlords of GGS that think my khan inventory is "massively inflated", that it somehow "unbalances the game", and that I haven't paid *cough cough* worked hard enough for the reward.

Now, if you want to go on record and say this was 100% your characterization and not GGS's, that is another matter. But then I would only counter with, then what is really going here?
    I will say this, I have no doubt that people their inventories have grown bigger over the past year since the introduction of the blacksmith and I can see how this might not be the desired effect but I believe this is caused by many different reasons that aren't all being addressed which leads to a scenario where the blacksmith is being nerfed harder than it should.
    Inventories are getting stock piled from blacksmith. so are ggs going to
    stop the buying of all these extra tools in the sales and in event bundles.
    So if I spend money I can stock pile loads , but that is what it comes
    down to  ggs just want players to spend more money and not get cheap stuff
    in blacksmith. why can't they just be honest and say that is what they want.
    It doesn't matter what I say, you have already made up the story you believe to be true. But for the final time, as I explained earlier to others, the increase in stock is mostly due to the blacksmith. Second, the blacksmith was in a way, unlimited, it would give back more silver than you invested. This isn't the case with the ruby bundles.
  • tsr (AU1)tsr (AU1) AU1 Posts: 25
    the  reason so many  are being  stockpiles  is  that  the players  are buying the better tools in the bundles  and  not using the ones  available  from blacksmith  only the ones who arent big spenders  were using the blacksmith tools  and  these are the ones you seem to be intent on penalising

tsr @ au 1
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 292
    tsr (AU1) said:
    the  reason so many  are being  stockpiles  is  that  the players  are buying the better tools in the bundles  and  not using the ones  available  from blacksmith  only the ones who arent big spenders  were using the blacksmith tools  and  these are the ones you seem to be intent on penalising

This is a far bigger group than you might expect, on my server alone there isn't a single person who doesn't use the blacksmith tools while they also use the boosters. The inflation came from every type of player, from huge whale to none spender and everyone in between. I know no one likes this change, I don't like it either.
    You may not like it but you keep defending it !!
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,449
    tsr (AU1) said:

This is a far bigger group than you might expect, on my server alone there isn't a single person who doesn't use the blacksmith tools while they also use the boosters. The inflation came from every type of player, from huge whale to none spender and everyone in between. I know no one likes this change, I don't like it either.
    You may not like it but you keep defending it !!
    I have given the reason for the change, that's not the same as supporting the change in itself and the way they've gone about it.
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    i have no ambition to even raid the nomads now.   if i raid them it shows i have too much interest and they will get nerfed again.    what the hell about the game pisses me off the most so i can do that instead and show too much interest and get it nerfed?   any suggestions?
    commando @ usa 1
  • AlamuT  (TR1)AlamuT (TR1) TR1 Posts: 22
    In a word, disgrace. I spent all the gold and silver I had. But I didn't even get 100 thousand nomad points. This update must be an April Fools' joke.
  • commando (US1)commando (US1) US1 Posts: 516
    while we are on the subject of in game inflation...can we talk about farming tools?
    commando @ usa 1
  • Eh Bobby (INT1)Eh Bobby (INT1) INT1 Posts: 30
    Is it just my eyes or are there fewer fortresses and resource islands on the map now? 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file