Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blacksmith UPDATE

Comments

• Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 1,558
    @Poseidon X Angel Could you recommend the Developers to reduce the reward limit , like from 500k in nomad to 150k or 200 k, I guess this would sort issues of MB change , Same in FC/BC events. Many players(Non Spenders) are mostly angry on the fact that they would not be able to earn Decorative items, Nor Complete rewards..

About how this MB change has affected the difference in Spenders and Non-spenders, Its true , I myself don't spend. They took years to change storm rewards, I do not think we can expect them to increase silver/ gold token reward in events.. 

But seeing the past , We can never expect GGE to bring back old MB. The least we can ask is to reduce reward criteria so at least the Non-spenders could earn deco's which has been a important part in the game.

I can suggest that but don't expect too much of it, they made this change for a reason. I highly doubt they will do something which negates the effect of this change by so much.
  • @Poseidon X Angel Could you recommend the Developers to reduce the reward limit , like from 500k in nomad to 150k or 200 k, I guess this would sort issues of MB change , Same in FC/BC events. Many players(Non Spenders) are mostly angry on the fact that they would not be able to earn Decorative items, Nor Complete rewards..

About how this MB change has affected the difference in Spenders and Non-spenders, Its true , I myself don't spend. They took years to change storm rewards, I do not think we can expect them to increase silver/ gold token reward in events.. 

But seeing the past , We can never expect GGE to bring back old MB. The least we can ask is to reduce reward criteria so at least the Non-spenders could earn deco's which has been a important part in the game.

I can suggest that but don't expect too much of it, they made this change for a reason. I highly doubt they will do something which negates the effect of this change by so much.
    Could you mind telling us the reason here? Daisho's explanation in the thread on Blacksmith Change seems more like what the developers asked him to post.. You may have said it in discord, But not all use it.. How come even Mods are agreeing to it? Aren't you supposed to speak for us too? The change is just a message to non-spenders that the game is not for them..  
  • fierdragon (GB1)fierdragon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 208
    Same work for half the rewards  doing it because its needed but  happy ?? NOPE
  • Yep, so all servers apart from GB & FR have had 2 weeks to see which way the wind is blowing and fill up all the event tools at 17k for 100k in the knowledge that the ability to do this would probably get taken away. Hardly fair is it?

The last two updates which were received well by the player base have been the Blacksmith and the update to Storm, now in the space of 2 days both have been ruined by stupid downgrades that make no sense...... at least have the decency to give a proper explanation rather than the usual 'it's for balancing the game' bullshit
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
  • Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,386
    Stupid update, just kills the game. I won't be doing events for the most part anymore. No point in trying them. I might even cancel my subscriptions since I don't have as much use for them anymore. Their value has gone down with this update.

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• 42o (AU1)42o (AU1) AU1 Posts: 3
    this is worse than your choice of in game music 

we are your customers
    listen to us or lose us 

we already have to view games much better than this with your " advertisements will fix everything"  every time you login or when viewing main castles

are you trying to get rid of us?
  • lol.....well a classic GGS move and with 15% of revenue based around advertising one wonders how that revenue stream is fixed,  Surely a reducing player base should reduce that logically.  I am sure it is not just me on the GB server that has noticed old accounts reappearing (ghost accounts).  Indeed one of these was a player I knew well who knew no reason why his account had resurfaced and to that effect posted to support to be told "all accounts remain the intellectual property of the game providers and what they have done is their concern and none of his".  Strange indeed that accounts a long time gone (post ruins) can reappear where this has nothing to do with the original owner.

It should be remembered that Stillfront have made nothing but their portfolio is principally built from acquisitions and none of us know what loans, investments or finance they had to manage to do this or indeed the repayments or costs of this let alone shareholder dividends, employee bonuses etc.  On this basis, I imagine few have an issue that top prizes, strength and server position sit with those who spend as indeed we expect this company to make money.

However, whether it is greed or a company that is leveraged having to make good on investment promises (or a combination of both) we do know that this game is just quite simply broken from a F2P or small purchasing capacity and it would seem that this game provider has no interest in players of that nature in providing a game where they can compete, grow or really strengthen.  Indeed these players simply provide entertainment as cannon fodder for the ruby whales lets be honest....I am sure all things considered that will be a great reason to stick around.

Let's see how long it takes for each server to recognise how many players have been lost with their accounts actually disappearing from the servers so that we get a real feeling of how many fewer and fewer players are playing this game after yet another destructive change.

Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 67
    Is the problem stock levels affecting the game, or Income? If you don't have the non spenders you wont have a game. If its the amount of game space, remove Ice, Sand and Fire, for most they just sit there doing nothing, (It will take forever upgrading the buildings there). Especially all those "Ghosts" that just sit there. Shapeshifters is only good for getting the silver coins.
    If its Income, yes just recently I have in Outer, but £80+, £90+ and £100+ over 3 events makes you think whether that is worth it, for what you get back. There is no point flogging a dead horse, as the saying goes. If my wife finds out I will be flogged haha. So, the last Outer I went in on the last day and just spent £5 to defend all those attacks. Was that worth it for 4k vet horrors, probably not, but it was enjoyable defending and having attackers flee. My friend did the same and even suggested doing that again
    Why do you think some in Outer want to stop at a certain level, because they feel they've already spent enough, which would be more than me!
    GGE will be the losers in the end, unless they do some serious thinking over their games
  • Jewel88 (US1)Jewel88 (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    Really?  Inflation in pixels! You have to be kidding!!!  GGE FINALLY did something right with the Blacksmith tent, and now they messed that up!  There were not unlimited Kahn chests (or other tools)-- players are limited by the silver/gold they won and want to spend!  

Fix the Blacksmith and put it back where it was!!! You just ticked off every player that spends time with this game. Let's be REAL -- this is about money -- not game play!

Hmmm . . . I need to close my wallet again! The Kahn chests (and other simple tools) are not that great! You need hundreds on a SINGLE attack to make a difference!  Think this one over -- I don't know ANY player that thinks this is a good idea. If you want to make the game equitable, do away with the money packages!  Any player (including me) who buys these packages has an UNFAIR advantage. So wouldn't you eliminate these if you were really concerned?  If you think the tools cost you money, doing away with them will cost more.  

As for now, my wallet is closed. 
  • Sleeper (INT1)Sleeper (INT1) INT1 Posts: 67
    Just found that Gold to Silver cut to 2k instead of 3k brilliant
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    I think the impact will show itself quite quickly, as many players will work out that its impractical to use as many of the blacksmiths tools all at once, and will need to space them out according to event usage per session. Especially when it comes to FC&Crows, for glory needs, and Berri to keep food needs up.It will be a case of choosing to try for event prizes when competing against P2P players, or players own requirements.

The knockon effect will be that small paying players will probably become F2P players as there wont be any incentives to buy anyway. That will impact on subscriptions, season passes , even OR & BTH, as there is just no reason to try to compete. Its unlikely to affect the big buyers as they will still buy, but as they won't have the same competition from below, they probably won't have to spend so much. A big mistake this one Stillfront, it just wasn't thought through. It could be that players have just had enough with this, and that trust and loyalty has gone.
  • VERY disappointed with GGE. this is NOT a free game with fair play and equal opportunities. People that have been playing since the game was introduced are getting ran over by newcomers that have mommas credit card. It's all about the money now and GGE WILL lose several thousand players with this new stupid blacksmith update. You have killed the game off for those that cant spend.
  • Pisky (GB1)Pisky (GB1) GB1 Posts: 541
    Dont even need to log on for the same amount of time, so xbox time i think
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 256
    Finally heard back from Stillfront:

"Thank you for your constructive feedback we recently received.

We are sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the game. Our goal is to give every player a great experience and we are sad to hear we missed the mark on this one.

Your opinion is much appreciated and I will pass along your message to the appropriate department. Even though we cannot implement every player's feedback in-game, we do our best to take into consideration all the constructive comments received from players like you.

We hope you’ll give us another chance and in case you wish to provide further suggestions or feedback please feel free to get back in touch via our customer support or other platforms that suit your needs.

Don’t forget to also check out our other social media platforms, as well as Discord, where similar topics are being discussed and helpful tips are to be found."

DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • Rpod (US1)Rpod (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    You are 100% right that there were no unlimited tools as economics were the limit.  I am very careful how I spend my silver and gold coins.  Should I choose to buy 9000 horsetail standards and deplete my silver that should be my choice.  Absolutely this is about revenue and how GGE can generate more.  As a non-cash player, I accept that I will always be a 2nd tier player because I am unwilling to part with my $ for an advantage.  I think GGE is very short sighted in this change and hope it will not last long.  This totally throws a wet blanket on any planned opportunity to be competitive with cash players in any select event.  In the past, I could bide my time and resources then splurge to compete with the package players.
  • sudu (IN1)sudu (IN1) IN1 Posts: 180
    Finally heard back from Stillfront:

"Thank you for your constructive feedback we recently received.

We are sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the game. Our goal is to give every player a great experience and we are sad to hear we missed the mark on this one.

Your opinion is much appreciated and I will pass along your message to the appropriate department. Even though we cannot implement every player's feedback in-game, we do our best to take into consideration all the constructive comments received from players like you.

We hope you’ll give us another chance and in case you wish to provide further suggestions or feedback please feel free to get back in touch via our customer support or other platforms that suit your needs.

Don’t forget to also check out our other social media platforms, as well as Discord, where similar topics are being discussed and helpful tips are to be found."

Bro, if you can, pls share with them, the SS or links of the discussions by players in the forum.. 
    sudu @ in 1
  • its an absolute joke. makes events for me almost unplayable even. for many others too.
    hope gge listens to the players and changes the blacksmith prices back.. crazy to me
  • you guys only care about money, do you? your linkedin profile says "free to play games", yet you make it almost impossible to f2p players to achieve anything during events with this MB update.

Everything got more expensive, a cap on all 'cheaper' items. 

this is no fun. 
  • Trying to sell this as being beneficial to players is a travesty! it is all about increasing revenue from those players who 'pay to win'. And soon that is all you'll have left on here. Eventually this downward spiral will affect even the pay to win people because the community will shrink to such a degree...
    There is an old marketing adage 'For every person who stands up to be counted and complains there are 15 - 20 others who don't and just vote with their feet and walk elsewhere'. GGE should keep that in mind and perhaps, just perhaps change the Blacksmith back. Dress it up how you like so you don't 'lose face' but a serious peice of advice... If you don't change it back to like it was there will be a mass emigration from this game. You have taken choice - as mentioned in the above post - and enjoyment away from those who fill your pockets!
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 293
    As much as we all can complain it will make no difference.  The mods are comitted to backing GGE 110% even if they agree or disagree with what they decide.  Personaly I would rather walk away than be told to toe the line and defend updates which are indefensible. 
     But that is up to the mods to decide for themselves which I know they have allready made there minds up of which way to go.
      Personally I have 30 days of my dove  to go and I know what I will be doing when it ends.  AS much as I value the freindships I have made and I will keep through skype contact,   my participation of carrying on playing is over as now this has now completely become a PTP game.
    Stevemass @ en 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file