Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Storm islands

So I am aware this isn't what I am here for anymore.
But I would like to say I like the storm update, nothing but good changes if you ask me.

While we are here, let me know what you think!

Comments

• So I am aware this isn't what I am here for anymore.
    But I would like to say I like the storm update, nothing but good changes if you ask me.

While we are here, let me know what you think!
    if floating aqua crumbs would eventually lead your way to a rewarding po iteam to buy after hours of searching or just missing out ,and you liked crawling around to find them on your knees paddling  anchoured  boat then yeah 
  • @CheekyBuilder (GB1)  You got like 12 1650 PO today right?
  • @CheekyBuilder (GB1)  You got like 12 1650 PO today right?
    yep, taken quite a lot of grinding, but it is possible :smile: 
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,108
    ? just 12?
    flug @ nl 1
  • lol sucks crazy
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,045
    @CheekyBuilder (GB1)  You got like 12 1650 PO today right?
    For those who have not checked, the 1650 PO Deco is the "Crab Rock".  The cost is 600,000 Aquamarine.  Getting 12 of them in one day means grinding out 7,200,000 Aquamarine.  

IS that really possible?  For those who play at CheekyBuilder's level: Yes.  For the other 98% of the playerbase: WHAT the What???????

Yes, there is a different game being played by the Top of the top, and the rest of us.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• CheekyBuilder (GB1)CheekyBuilder (GB1) GB1 Posts: 148
    edited 20.02.2021
    For those who have not checked, the 1650 PO Deco is the "Crab Rock".  The cost is 600,000 Aquamarine.  Getting 12 of them in one day means grinding out 7,200,000 Aquamarine.  

IS that really possible?  For those who play at CheekyBuilder's level: Yes.  For the other 98% of the playerbase: WHAT the What???????

Yes, there is a different game being played by the Top of the top, and the rest of us.........
    Excuse my language but, to be honest this comment kinda pisses me off, I haven't spent a single penny on Storm, and don't plan on doing so ever. I haven't upgraded my harbour using rubies, I am simply just investing my time into finding forts, along with my alliance mates, and hitting them using samurai troops. I am part of the 98% of the playerbase and I am playing smart and investing my time to improve my account.. just like everything else that is in GGE. 

Don't get mad because I am investing my time effectively and hitting forts. If you don't want to do this then that's your problem, you aren't going to be handed decorations on a plate.
  • This update is actually very good for the F2P players too. I managed to obtain 1.4M aquamarine on the first day and get 7 Tide Gardens. All I spent on Storm was a couple of troops and my time.

• Scandy (GB1)Scandy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 106

Excuse my language but, to be honest this comment kinda pisses me off, I haven't spent a single penny on Storm, and don't plan on doing so ever. I haven't upgraded my harbour using rubies, I am simply just investing my time into finding forts, along with my alliance mates, and hitting them using samurai troops. I am part of the 98% of the playerbase and I am playing smart and investing my time to improve my account.. just like everything else that is in GGE. 

Don't get mad because I am investing my time effectively and hitting forts. If you don't want to do this then that's your problem, you aren't going to be handed decorations on a plate.
    I included  Cheeky's comment as it deserves to be repeated.

A player who spends a lot of money on the game isn't spending hours and hours of going after 1650 PO items. You'd  get 2400 or higher for rubies (looted or bought) or pure money. If you are chasing 1650 PO items, you're doing it because you are NOT spending money on the game in any large sums.
    edited 21.02.2021
    it's easy now, so i don't understand the need to steel islands from other players :)
    Post edited by flug (NL1) on
    flug @ nl 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 222
    Have to give credit when its due...  The new storm has made a big difference for all player's in a positive way..

Well done GGE
    edited 21.02.2021

I am always willing to be taught where I am mistaken.  @CheekyBuilder (GB1) I was wrong.  

It has only been an hour since my original post, so the odds are no one read it.  If they did, I hereby retract it.

I just did some additional research in Storm.  It seems that my first day in there did NOT expose me to all the possibilities.

It turns out that you can get a reasonable amount of Aquamarine without significant losses if you are diligent.

In just the short time I was in there, I was able to acquire 45,000 Aquamarine from Storm Forts.  That was with only sending 2 simultaneous attacks.  I will go back in and lower my troop be attack count some more and see how low I can go and still get the ~9000 per hit.

While this would still take 800 hits to get 7,200,000 aquamarine, that it no where near the number I was expecting.

I expect to get my first 1650PO before logging of tonight...........
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

So, life got in the way and I had to log off for a while.  So, I didn't get my 1650PO.

But, that is ok.  I actually am better off getting the 1250 for now.

But, the fact that I can get over 200k in just about 2 hours or so, does indicate that over a couple of days, the lower 98% can get decent rewards from Storm Island.  Most of us likely wouldn't invest the time to get the 7,200,000.

But, it certainly IS possible...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• It is indeed possible, I played for a few hours and picked up 18 sceats just by hitting the forts with low losses.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,332
    I am glad people are enjoying this again!
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    some little too much ;P the thiefs ;P
    flug @ nl 1
  • A good update that rewards activity and Alliance unity to shout out forts and islands rather than spend reflected by the sheer player activity in the event.  Just to add to numbers quoted above you can get 30k aqua on a low troop number level 80 fort so numbers can stack quickly as per CheekyBuilder's comments.

Nicely done GGS on revamping an old event and making it one of the more worthwhile events in the game.
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
    A good update that rewards activity and Alliance unity to shout out forts and islands rather than spend reflected by the sheer player activity in the event.  Just to add to numbers quoted above you can get 30k aqua on a low troop number level 80 fort so numbers can stack quickly as per CheekyBuilder's comments.

Nicely done GGS on revamping an old event and making it one of the more worthwhile events in the game.
    I'm not getting 30k on a low troop 80 fort.  More like 10k.  Thoughts on the reason for the difference?

If I can get 3x the Aqua (without spending of course) I would be VERY interested...........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• The marauder, Loot in your hall of legends, the top 100% berimond title, level 10 VIP, 40% loot on commanders.
    All those things will increase your aqua loot, I also loot 30-35k
Sign In to comment.