Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

So tired of crappy FC/BC targets

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    With most big player's love of glory, there is still too much money being made on the boosters......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    glory ez now just throw a couple dozen tails for 10k+ glory, light losses nbd.
    glory points are dummy cheap now.

Personally, I don't mind hitting small invasion castles. Practically free glory, easy food source. If I've still got too many soldiers, I'll send them at a real player and hope they don't get stacked to death lmao. But there's no way to drop below fearless anymore for all but the lowest level 70s, unless you're absolutely dismal. 

Anyway I'm tired of consistently coming on to the forums, and seeing your name plastered all over "I hate GGE" type posts. If you really hate it, you'd stop playing. Quit playing, or quit complaining.
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,368
    As this event seems to get worse and worse for most players, is it time to call it day from a players points of view. With nearly all castles sub 540 up till now, and just a couple slightly higher, and 2 sub 500, 1 at 475, I see no point in prolonging my efforts and time.
    This event is popular with the majority of player participating. I am sorry you don't like it.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    As this event seems to get worse and worse for most players, is it time to call it day from a players points of view. With nearly all castles sub 540 up till now, and just a couple slightly higher, and 2 sub 500, 1 at 475, I see no point in prolonging my efforts and time.
    This event is popular with the majority of player participating. I am sorry you don't like it.
    Participation does not equal popularity..............
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• PoseidonPoseidon Moderator Posts: 2,259
    Crom said the event is popular with those who do play.
    No one forces anyone to play the event, if you don't like it, don't play it.
    I would expect nothing less in a  moderators answer, and in a game where GGE cannot even produce a decent and sensible survey, rather than putting the same questions twice in a different way, GGE has no interest in players views or opinions, but only how much they spend. In other words GGE are making plenty of profit from the the Ruby players so we'll leave it alone....Until players show that they are unhappy with these 2 events and stop spending.

So from the mouth of a moderator, its up to the players to show to GGE that FC's and Crows are not as popular as they think...
    Over to the players.

As far as I know events are ran based on how popular they are, and if you are being honest.
    Most players think the castles are a little bit too weak, but almost everyone goes hard in these events.

If you think about it the current numbers are actually fairly well balanced, an event where all the castles are above 5k would result in an event that requires you to purchases troops in order to keep up with the amount of hits you are putting out.
    Making the event more pay to win.
  • I would expect nothing less in a  moderators answer, and in a game where GGE cannot even produce a decent and sensible survey, rather than putting the same questions twice in a different way, GGE has no interest in players views or opinions, but only how much they spend. In other words GGE are making plenty of profit from the the Ruby players so we'll leave it alone....Until players show that they are unhappy with these 2 events and stop spending.

So from the mouth of a moderator, its up to the players to show to GGE that FC's and Crows are not as popular as they think...
    Over to the players.

As far as I know events are ran based on how popular they are, and if you are being honest.
    Most players think the castles are a little bit too weak, but almost everyone goes hard in these events.

If you think about it the current numbers are actually fairly well balanced, an event where all the castles are above 5k would result in an event that requires you to purchases troops in order to keep up with the amount of hits you are putting out.
    Making the event more pay to win.
    Really? and here was me thinking everyone wanted to see Sams more often just to mix it up...
    edited 22.10.2020
    Crom said the event is popular with those who do play.
    No one forces anyone to play the event, if you don't like it, don't play it.
    You are missing the point.  Just because someone participates in an event, does not make it popular. 

I happen to also be ok with how the castles are setup.  I have always viewed the BC and FL's as a way to get LTPE points, not to get 100M Glory.  Even with the low troops counts you can typically get the 4 points per for between 4000 - 10000 glory.  With the addition of the Master Blacksmith (old version) you could get the FL Banners and Flags to get many low levels to 10000+ to get the 6 points each.  With the Master Blacksmith (new version) providing unlimited tails, it is impossible to get less than 10000 per small castle.  So, FOR ME - I am ok with the amount of smalls, and mediums. 

There definitely could be some more BIG castles in the mix.  It is fun to see just how big a castle you can take down and how many Glory Points you can get for that one hit!  

Back to the MAIN POINT:  Grinding through castles looking for the "fun" ones is the problem.  With Nomads, the Tent stays the same.  There is no hoping for a bigger tent.  You set your presets, and either run trains or send 4 out at a time every 10 mins.  No anticipation of a possible BIG BOOST!  

With the Castles, there is that possibility of a big one out there.  Where is it?  Is THIS one it?  No.  Dang!  How about THIS one?  Nope.  ARRRRGH!!!!  My Alliance Mate got a BIG 8k castle on his first round!  Where is MINE!?!?!?!!?  I bet the buyers get more bigger ones.

You see the point?  This event and its twin breed frustration.  

There is a difference between "Popular" and "well used".  Just ask some High School kids.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

it will cost you a few silver tokens and rubies, but that's fair.
    Define "a few"................
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

it will cost you a few silver tokens and rubies, but that's fair.
    Define "a few"................
    I generally spend 0-10k rubies on an event and buy spend roughly 40-60k silver if I want to push above 100 million.
    Most of this silver is earned back simply from the event rewards.

I use 6 wave hits on all my targets and fill them all with hortsetails, this gets me between 1 and 1.5 million glory for every 10 hits. Every once in a while I get a bigger castle and get some more glory than usual.
    I barely ever upgrade my castles with rubies, I mostly use them to buy a quick 12 to 13 thousand deathly horrors so I can keep attacking (only if I didn't save up enough troops).

But generally speaking troops aren't an issue.
    For example: The nomad event is here, you buy just enough nomad chests with silver to finish the event, the event rewards will net you more silver than you have spent.
    But you now have enough nomad tokens for over 100 thousand troops.
    I use these to attack my foreign castles with.

A little bonus tip, the berimond invasion grants the user a really large amount of silver, I use most of this + all of the silver from the glory events to buy 100k horestails for 17k silver.

So, I am indeed a bigger player, but my wallet wouldn't tell you this.
    It doesn't show in my wallet, but I am not winning any events with it either.

ps
    150 million was pushing it, but 50 million is a breeze and I often do this in 1 day
    I hope this "guide" helps some of you out. (just continu this thread if you have questions)
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,368
    I merged a few similar threads with this one just to keep the conversation in one place. In the end the targets are random. We've put in place bad luck protection and increases the numbers recently.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
    Poseidon X Angel said:

I generally spend 0-10k rubies on an event

I barely ever upgrade my castles with rubies, I mostly use them to buy a quick 12 to 13 thousand deathly horrors so I can keep attacking (only if I didn't save up enough troops).

Couple Questions:  Where are you buying these quick 12 to 13k Deathly Horrors?  I don't see them in the Armorer.  You are saying you can get those troops for less than 1 ruby per?

I use 6 wave hits on all my targets and fill them all with hortsetails, this gets me between 1 and 1.5 million glory for every 10 hits. Every once in a while I get a bigger castle and get some more glory than usual.

Agree this is possible.  100k per castle with 6 waves full tails can be done.  (Presuming you HAVE 6 waves - but that is another issue)

For example: The nomad event is here, you buy just enough nomad chests with silver to finish the event, the event rewards will net you more silver than you have spent.
    But you now have enough nomad tokens for over 100 thousand troops.
    I use these to attack my foreign castles with.

Ok, this is POSSIBLE, but for the casual player, not realistic.   To finish the event means getting 500,000 tabs.  I am having my best Nomad ever, and am just getting to the 200k mark.  Next issue is feeding those 100k troops.  Not everyone has that kind of food production, nor the carts to send on long trips to bounce back with enough food to last through the night.

So, I am indeed a bigger player, but my wallet wouldn't tell you this.
    It doesn't show in my wallet, but I am not winning any events with it either.

The experience for the Casual Player and my locked closed wallet, is different.  Understandably different.  And there is no expectation for winning any events.

150 million was pushing it, but 50 million is a breeze and I often do this in 1 day
    I hope this "guide" helps some of you out. (just continu this thread if you have questions)
    Quick math tells us, if you get 100k per hit, to get 50M means 500 castles.  With 10 per round, that is 50 rounds.  At 30 mins to and 20 mins back, it is close to 1 hour per round.  Perhaps your alliance is using boost on attacking the FL/BCs and you have upgraded your maps for the return trip, so that gets cut in half.  Each round takes 30 mins.  That still equates to 25 hours to get there.  15 minutes per round is still 12.5 hours.  7.5 mins per is STILL 6.25 hours.  

I don't view that as a "breeze"..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Q: Couple Questions:  Where are you buying these quick 12 to 13k Deathly Horrors?  I don't see them in the Armorer.  You are saying you can get those troops for less than 1 ruby per?

A: The bestseller, 1000 troops for 825 rubies (10.000/825 = roughly 12k)

Q:Agree this is possible.  100k per castle with 6 waves full tails can be done.  (Presuming you HAVE 6 waves - but that is another issue)

A: Players aiming to get 50 million are expected to have 6 waves in my opinion.

Q: Ok, this is POSSIBLE, but for the casual player, not realistic.   To finish the event means getting 500,000 tabs.  I am having my best Nomad ever, and am just getting to the 200k mark.  Next issue is feeding those 100k troops.  Not everyone has that kind of food production, nor the carts to send on long trips to bounce back with enough food to last through the night.

A: If you do it like I do and use full chests in every attack you get around 20k tokens for a 25 attack train, this takes 3-4 minutes. 1 hour of trains will net you around 300k like this. (you see where I am going)

Q: Quick math tells us, if you get 100k per hit, to get 50M means 500 castles.  With 10 per round, that is 50 rounds.  At 30 mins to and 20 mins back, it is close to 1 hour per round.  Perhaps your alliance is using boost on attacking the FL/BCs and you have upgraded your maps for the return trip, so that gets cut in half.  Each round takes 30 mins.  That still equates to 25 hours to get there.  15 minutes per round is still 12.5 hours.  7.5 mins per is STILL 6.25 hours.  

A: My rounds take about 30 minutes, I get around 1.5 million glory for every round, making it 3 million an hour.
    I tend to get quite a few targets above 3k, those give me about 1 million glory.
    I understand that it still takes some time and effort to get 50 million but these scores shouldn't be easy to get.

When I said it was a breeze I should've mentioned it's a breeze compared to half a year ago.
    I would never get above 20 million back then, now I average 80 million.
    I have well developed account but I don't spend a lot, on average I spend 10-20 euros a month.

I know these types of numbers (glory) are still not easy for most of you, I just figured I would share how I play this game and how I get these numbers.
    In the hopes that it helps some of you out, even if it's just 1 person.

(I know these weren't all questions but I was struggling to quote your messages so I used this to make clear which parts were yours)

Q: Couple Questions:  Where are you buying these quick 12 to 13k Deathly Horrors?  I don't see them in the Armorer.  You are saying you can get those troops for less than 1 ruby per?

A: The bestseller, 1000 troops for 825 rubies (10.000/825 = roughly 12k)

Not available to a Player who has never purchased rubies.

Q:Agree this is possible.  100k per castle with 6 waves full tails can be done.  (Presuming you HAVE 6 waves - but that is another issue)

A: Players aiming to get 50 million are expected to have 6 waves in my opinion.

While 50M isn't a major goal I have, I am a level 70/260 with a 191 HoL.  Still at 5 waves max.

Q: Ok, this is POSSIBLE, but for the casual player, not realistic.   To finish the event means getting 500,000 tabs.  I am having my best Nomad ever, and am just getting to the 200k mark.  Next issue is feeding those 100k troops.  Not everyone has that kind of food production, nor the carts to send on long trips to bounce back with enough food to last through the night.

A: If you do it like I do and use full chests in every attack you get around 20k tokens for a 25 attack train, this takes 3-4 minutes. 1 hour of trains will net you around 300k like this. (you see where I am going)

Wait, a 25 attack train?  You are running 25 attacks at the same time?  This again is nothing that I would call a "breeze".  I do not find staring at the screen without the slightest margin for error / mis-click to be a fun game.  Not to mention the number of RockStars it would take to keep me going.  Again, not realistic for a Casual Style player.

Q: Quick math tells us, if you get 100k per hit, to get 50M means 500 castles.  With 10 per round, that is 50 rounds.  At 30 mins to and 20 mins back, it is close to 1 hour per round.  Perhaps your alliance is using boost on attacking the FL/BCs and you have upgraded your maps for the return trip, so that gets cut in half.  Each round takes 30 mins.  That still equates to 25 hours to get there.  15 minutes per round is still 12.5 hours.  7.5 mins per is STILL 6.25 hours.  

A: My rounds take about 30 minutes, I get around 1.5 million glory for every round, making it 3 million an hour.
    I tend to get quite a few targets above 3k, those give me about 1 million glory.
    I understand that it still takes some time and effort to get 50 million but these scores shouldn't be easy to get.

Then you agree that 50M isn't a "breeze" to get.  3M per hour?  To get 50M = 16 hours 40 minutes of straight gameplay.  That is a long day in front of this screen.  

When I said it was a breeze I should've mentioned it's a breeze compared to half a year ago.
    I would never get above 20 million back then, now I average 80 million.
    I have well developed account but I don't spend a lot, on average I spend 10-20 euros a month.

I guess we have a different definition what what a "breeze" is.  If you seriously put in 17 hours a day on the game, then YES I agree that you deserve the Glory you are getting.  But, is that a realistic amount for the "average" player?  I do spend alot of time logged in, but not giving the game 100% attention. 
    I spend on average EXACTLY $0 per any time frame.

I know these types of numbers (glory) are still not easy for most of you, I just figured I would share how I play this game and how I get these numbers.
    In the hopes that it helps some of you out, even if it's just 1 person.

Oh, the tips are certainly welcome.  It also demonstrates one point I have repeatedly made over the years that I have been playing.  This game can be played in many different ways.  For you, it seems that hardcore 17 hour days running trains is a dream.  For me, it would be a nightmare.

(I know these weren't all questions but I was struggling to quote your messages so I used this to make clear which parts were yours)

Yes, the forum can be difficult for the newer users........... ;) 

Good night.
    Sleep well.

Certainly not a dream to spend 17 hours behind my screen, hence why I don't do it.

It's 17 hours if you don't get any good targets, if you get 2 targets above 3k it cuts away roughly an hour from the total.
    The nice thing about glory events is that you can send out some hits, do something else for 30 minutes and then repeat.

You can also spread it out over 4 days making it even easier.

my little tutorial was never aimed at lower level players or really casual players, it was for those who are willing to put in the time and effort to get top 50 in every event but don't know some of the better ways.
    edited 23.10.2020
    Certainly not a dream to spend 17 hours behind my screen, hence why I don't do it.

It's 17 hours if you don't get any good targets, if you get 2 targets above 3k it cuts away roughly an hour from the total.
    The nice thing about glory events is that you can send out some hits, do something else for 30 minutes and then repeat.

You can also spread it out over 4 days making it even easier.

Interesting change of direction.

As for this comment, I am not certain which I am?  

my little tutorial was never aimed at lower level players or really casual players,  
    I don't consider myself a "lower level player" at 70/260, nor a "really casual" player, just casual. 

At least, getting to 257,897 tabs today to outpace gerry191 didn't FEEL like it was "really casual"..........

LOL!  I just checked and I might get top 50 this round if I keep hitting it hard.   Too bad I am "really casual" and don't worry about it.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

It wasn't my intent to call you a really casual player,
    Well, you have probably heard this way too often, but the more you hit, the more often you will see bigger targets.
    Generally speaking I get a 6-9k castle every 150-250 hits.
    Sometimes I get one or two more, but that's rare.

I don't like to believe bigger spenders get bigger castles as I don't really see this happening in my alliance.

And yes, I am indeed in a bigger alliance and I don't have to worry as much about being hunted by players as some others might. I understand that the strategy I use may be a little hard for some.
    I just wanted to share it so I could help those out who may have the time but not the money.
    As I truly feel that the blacksmith changes have made this game really fair.

edited 24.10.2020
    Thanks for your replies and efforts, but as Wasso has said your method certainly is well above the majority of players. 

I do wonder how much the average totals are being skewed by those who ARE the top 50 on each server.   With Nomads not showing the totals for each player, only what place YOU are in, there is really no way to know.  As for the FL/BC results, those DO show you the totals that are achieved.  There are some really incredibly large amounts of Glory now being brought in for all those top 50.....heck even the top 150+ now get crazy high numbers. 

But, when you consider that my 1 person alliance is in 62nd place:

You have to wonder what the REAL average player is getting for scores.

For the record, German Circle is in first with 9,419,761 with 63 members.......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

With all the problems GGE have used in the past over changing things, I also have doubts on any such changes mentioned by Crom eg.. Bad luck inclusion, and on if it would even work
    I remember when that particular device was announced.  Supposedly if you get 10 castles in a row that are "bad" you would get a "good" one.  The problem is, there were no definitions on what a "bad" and "good" one was.  If I have some time later, I may try to find that post.

But, odds are it isn't there anymore.  Certain posts have a way of disappearing................
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file