Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

September update feedback

13»

Comments

• Aegon Targaryen (INT2)Aegon Targaryen (INT2) INT2 Posts: 150
    edited 04.10.2020
    I want to adress something that is bothering me for a while. Since modernization of the game that started before one year and a half circa... 

Yea since introducing all new relic things (ewuipment, troops, buildings etc.) and since introducing new event beyond the horizon, game started new era and its expansion is really going fast. I must admit that we get a lot really cool things, i cant say everthing is  negative and bad cause its not. We get lot of cool things but we lost a lot of cool things like something must be sacrificed... 

Problem is for example, we get "nail bitter event" and lot of description about that, excitment when reading about it but what u are doing now with that and many other old events and art styles that it is gone, disappearing. U put just changed art of the monthly event on pics and in front of castle but no event that are going with that such collector event that is fitted for this halloween or october fest, no decorations that are fitting to those events, no troops like before, no tools and other things.

I know maybe for some its totally unimportant, those little details, but for me personally its the most important part of the game becouse i started loving this game fir its unique and special art style, ideas for events, all those details atracted me becouse gg used to have a good story and real deal to back it up. I miss that, like i miss events like underworld and thorn king, that were side events that u do by the way just but were so interesting and needed always. We get back just blade coast after complaining for a months, why not bringing back other 2 ? 

Events like royal capital totally gone by gg and it was one of the coolest ever really, it had so many special benefits different from other events. Only storm islands now have that benefit of controling the map, we miss that and those kinds of events.

Why not paying attention to capitals and metros, to change benefits and add something importnat tnat will infuluence the game, those old bonuses are really funny to see now in these days, 250 food extra and possibility to produce kingsguards really useless nowadays, adding something extra will make everyone more interested in it, capturing it, defending it or bulding and upgrading it, give players that cause it would cause domini effect that will benefit u even more gg.

I can write much more but just to adress those few things for now...

P.S. The points of this is to give players something new and available to everyone no matter that they are ruby players or non ruby players, give everyone new things that will be equally possible to play and progress, give players something new beside all events that are running in circle cause it makes letargy, new side tasks and side events will give players motivation to play to get out of usuall events. Im mad becouse instead thinking like this GG made event litteraly for elite of the gg just rich ones, its disaster move and we must react against that all of us here.
  • Provider (US1)Provider (US1) US1 Posts: 20

Honestly, I think a steep price tag is not a bad idea; on the contrary, I believe there are great benefits to this.

- Limits amount of people having 10K demons who generally should not have them handed to them without any loss from their current account

-Limits pool in general, and makes the whole process more premium, and ideally more of a commitment than just hopping in for free and coming out with prizes.

All this being said, the fifty million coins is unreasonable and unfair. Due to the state of the current economy, I believe a 10M price per OR is fair, and indeed a good price for the rewards that could be received.

Next point I'd like to mention is the fact that this specific demoniation of the OR costs 50M and others are free is utterly ridiculous. There is no reason to have it like this; basically all GGE accomplished by this is players with high coins getting rewards once every six weeks, while the masses receive prizes every two... This is quite foolish in my opinion. Making the price a uniform 10M for all events is surely the wiser direction. There is not an inherent enough distinction between the three variations to justify two of them being free (at least this seems to be the consensus) and one of them costing an unsustainable price of 50M.

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,042
    Fordy (AU1) said:
    No the SS version with the monoliths, its done on levels 
    Maybe you haven't played it
    NOW I get it.  Sorry, I did play that one the first time and found it utterly unplayable. 

Zoe said:
    Zoe said:
    Oh, well... sooo :D
    - We have 3 version of OR (Outer realms) which are rotating
    - These versions are Heritage Hunt, Might and Rank swap

Does this mean the other version SS won't be occurring again??
    I’m not really sure (as I don’t really play outers and don’t pay attention to them)... is that the version which ran a few times and hasn’t appeared for a while, similarly to toucans version oh horizon? If so, we most likely won’t see it anytime soon, but it is as well possible it’ll appear again at some point - simply, we don’t have any more details about it now :/ 

I certainly hope we don't see it in any form.  Having to get the tonics to "decontaminate" ect, ect, was a stupid premise and a horrible implementation to play.

Zoe said:
    Zoe said:
    so it’s not like info about entry fee was intentionally excluded, it’s just the case that details aren’t usual part of the notes :) 
    @Zoe you are still my favorite Moderator, but this one MAY have been intentionally excluded.  They DID give several details in the announcement:

So, quite a few details in there.  But, they did (intentionally?) leave out the specific amounts of coins needed to enter and resources and currencies that you would start with.  The optimist would believe that it could be due to differences from Server to Server in verbiage, the Pessimist would believe it was due to a deliberate hiding of the facts.  While the Realist (yes, that is me) knows it is simply GGS being horrible at communicating what we REALLY want to know, in favor of what they want us to know..........

Oh, well... the thing is, and you of course can’t know that this happened, I asked about it in advance (as we got update notes slightly earlier than you all and I knew people would most likely ask about it anyway) and was given a reply, that the price will be most likely 50m gold - I’m convinced that if they wanted to “keep it secret” (or intentionally not communicate what you want to know) I wouldn’t have been given reply (or they would have told me they couldn’t share it/didn’t know it) and CMs did their best to answer all other (perhaps slightly weird and annoying) questions as well - which is why I’m convinced that not including it in the update notes wasn’t made with intention of keeping it a secret as long as possible, but it was rather not included because of following the usual concept of announcements (= not sharing all details). 

And on top of that, everyone found out pretty soon from the game anyway, so I think there’s no logical reason for intentionally excluding this info as the only purpose it could serve is slightly delaying the feedback - which is not beneficial at all, so why would anyone intentionally do that? 

Overall, I personally would prefer more detailed notes as well, but you know... “it is what it is”... you can never please everyone and, on the other hand, with too many details the notes would be super long and someone may think important information could get lost there... as long as we get the answers about details if we ask for them, or can see them in game soon enough, I believe it’s alright :) 

Plus feedback is being forwarded after a few days after the update happens, so what we’re forwarding is feedback given after you find the details out, not feedback based on your first impressions from the notes :)
    So, the way I read this comment, you are saying the same thing I am, but with a different spin on it.  I DO appreciate that you got the advanced info and tried to get some feedback on it ahead of time.  Anyone who actually PLAYS the game would have known what the response would be.  But, as I said in my closing:  it is simply GGS being horrible at communicating what we REALLY want to know, in favor of what they want us to know..........

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

•     Well,I have over 50million coins but I'll be keeping them!!!  Why should we as players be expected to pay to be able to play one of your events?  Most of us end up and buy rubies when we play the event anyway!! Looks like about 1500 players are playing this event this time.  WAYYY down from the last outers event!!!! Maybe your bosses will learn that they aren't so smart after all,but I won't hold my breath!! I hope this is the first and LAST time I ever see this verion of the outers event!!!!
  • Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 912
    Personally I think the idea is cool and I'd totally do it, but I'd max out at 5 million coins.

I think people are missing the biggest issue with a 50 million price tag, Empire is promoting a very unhealthy way to play their game.  Realistically think of how many hours it takes to get that many coins. I think you guys overall improved the game, but this is another backslide.  

It honestly seems like you're preying on vulnerable people, people who've already spent a lot of time and/or money and you know will keep going.  
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • 50 million coins costs 334,000 sams tokens...... just saying........ 
    AmazingBrian7 @ en 1
    Fairly regular player (almost daily) who plays a casual style.  IE: does not sent constant trains all day long.  Has been here since 2015 on various servers.  

Just saying........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• well they tore outer realms apart what about horizons

each member has to qualify for rewards at end but no info on what is needed what is considered active ?
    no rubie start up you know the 600 we got at start lol

their so busy gougeing us for money they cant even fix the barrows they broke lol
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 289
    Zoe said:

- The change in entrance was only made in Heritage Hunt version
    - Might and Rank swap still have the old way of entering the event (choosing from 3 castles, paying by resources or rubies), this update didn’t affect them in any way 
    - These three versions should still (ir)regularly rotate the same way they did until now, or at least we weren’t informed about any change in this

- I have no idea (and CMs don’t have confirmation on this either) whether Heritage hunt will appear also with old way of entering, or if only this new version will appear from now on.
    - Given the feedback and significant drop of people entering this new version, because of the price, I personally believe there’s decent chance some changes will be made, but we do not have official statement on this yet, it’s just my personal opinion which can be right or wrong just like opinion of any of you.

Hope this makes it at least a bit more clear (did I turn the mud into dirty water at least? :D), if not, keep asking.
    So what happened to the Tonic version?  Are you saying that's now consigned to the history books?  Pity, that was my favourite one/
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Zoe said:

- The change in entrance was only made in Heritage Hunt version
    - Might and Rank swap still have the old way of entering the event (choosing from 3 castles, paying by resources or rubies), this update didn’t affect them in any way 
    - These three versions should still (ir)regularly rotate the same way they did until now, or at least we weren’t informed about any change in this

- I have no idea (and CMs don’t have confirmation on this either) whether Heritage hunt will appear also with old way of entering, or if only this new version will appear from now on.
    - Given the feedback and significant drop of people entering this new version, because of the price, I personally believe there’s decent chance some changes will be made, but we do not have official statement on this yet, it’s just my personal opinion which can be right or wrong just like opinion of any of you.

Hope this makes it at least a bit more clear (did I turn the mud into dirty water at least? :D), if not, keep asking.
    So what happened to the Tonic version?  Are you saying that's now consigned to the history books?  Pity, that was my favourite one/
    tonics in horizons was the best as only needed 1 team 1 leader but still way to unbalanced 

rewards in outer realms and horizons arent worth joining anyways lol

getting so its just same old things time gge got some new events 
  • the protector of the north defence units keep registering as attack units very annoying when autofilling and they also take longer to train while protection mode is active
    Judge me by my size, do you?

You will find only what you bring in.

If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are… a different game you should play.
  • Aegon Targaryen (INT2)Aegon Targaryen (INT2) INT2 Posts: 150
    edited 19.10.2020
    Does others have problems with tournament rewards ? My alliance dont get any of the rewards taht we reach accept that alliance get rubies and gold, everything else individual we didnt get at all ??
    Post edited by Aegon Targaryen (INT2) on
    Does others have problems with tournament rewards ? My alliance dont get any of the rewards taht we reach accept that alliance get rubies and gold, everything else individual we didnt get at all ??
    Were your Alliance Mates active?  They recently added a "much reach this level to receive Alliance Rewards" line....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• Yea they were, i personaly am and did not recieve anything still..
  • ZoeZoe Moderator Posts: 16,418

Everyone with the issue (it’s actually a bug, there’s no minimal activity required in alliance tournament) will need to contact support in order to get the rewards... top rewards should be paid out normally - automatically.

• Zoe said:

Everyone with the issue (it’s actually a bug, there’s no minimal activity required in alliance tournament) will need to contact support in order to get the rewards... top rewards should be paid out normally - automatically.

Thank you very much Zoe, i contacted support. :)
Sign In to comment.