Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

the bully's in this game

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 965
    :):):):):):):)

flug @ nl 1
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,021
    edited 01.09.2020

You lot cannot take a joke if Carol wishes this to go legal so be it over a message on skype shes going to retain all messages said that was pure banter, I wish her luck trying to build a case what is she going to tell the judge these teens held my Outposts on a browser game for ransom listing impossible demands that was obviously a joke good luck there, If this is your only way to remove us from the game then it's hilarious sending us masses of words than actual horns get a grip on life sh*t is said over the internet does it have an impact on your life? No only if you let it get to you.

I'll be nuking the UK server now if players get offended so easily go play farmville.

Post edited by Imperius (GB1) on

10/10 bullshittery as always Philt you all flair up about nothing you know outpost captures happened in-game that can be dragged onto the forums shite that was said on Skype can be left there so either report us or crawl back under your rocks your mass of words mean nothing if you cant take a bit of banter get off the internet.

• Joao Tomas (GB1)Joao Tomas (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    What is banter?

well if you go by the dictionary definition

The playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

The key to this definition of "banter" is the back and forth nature of those teasing remarks,  as well as the word "friendly"

You need to ask yourself the questions in the back and forth of those discussions were both parties participating in the banter ?  ie were both parties they giving as much as they were getting or was it all one way?

Did one party ever give the indication they were unhappy with the "banter" ?

Was the banter 1-1 with each party back and forth with playful insults etc?  or was it multiple people onto 1 person?

Also was it friendly?  For this you need to look very carefully at lots of things, how well do each party know each other are they long term friends?  In which case even some horrendus things could be construed as Banter.  But if they dont know each other  that then is a very different set of circumstances.

There is often a fine line between banter and bullying.  There is also a fine line between bullying and blackmail.  And that fine line is all about how it makes someone feel.

Its not my place to judge where it falls in that scale.

But if any of those thing are ringing any sort of warning in your head, then you need to take a long hard look at yourself,  if you honestly believe because this is an online environment that it doesnt count, or that because its an online game it doesnt matter.  Then you are VERY mistaken.  The law is VERY clear on this point, there are literally hundreds of cases and even specific legislation to make this perfectly clear.

It doesnt really matter what the person claims to mean, it matters what the person actually said, and how it made the other person feel.  If you are making someone feel bad and you tell them you will stop if they send you sexual pictures / videos of themselves.  Then if that person doesnt take that as a joke then it ISNT a joke.  Its very serious.

Every bullying case in the history of bullying ends up with the bully saying i didnt mean it like that.  Well if you didnt mean it like that then you shouldnt have said it like that. 

If you are making someone else feel uncomfortable or feel bad then its bullying.  The fact that its on an online platform is irrelevent.  If you have any doubt in what the law is in this matter here is the LAW's definition (below)

So ask yourself the question, were messages sent that were offensive, or indecent?  Were the messages threatening to the person or the persons property?  Did those messages cause distress / anxiety?  Did the person convey they they were unhappy with the messages?

And if the answer to any of those questions is yes then you should take a long hard look at yourself.  As the words banter and snowflake become irrelevent.   

A word of caution every cyberbully, online troll in history of those terms has used the excuses of it was a joke, or its banter or the other person is too easily offended.  I didnt mean it like that, etc. etc.  Every person who has ever harmed themselves because of an online troll, or cyberbully, the bully has said the same thing.  It isnt an excuse.  Not in the eyes of the law or in the eyes of decent people, and whilst you think it might be a joke, if the other person isnt laughing with you then it isnt.  

Is trolling an offence?

Persons engaging in Internet trolling are immediately committing an offence under the Malicious Communications Act.

TThe Malicious Communications Act states:

• Any person who sends a letter, electronic communication or article of any description to a person that conveys a message that is indecent or highly offensive, a threat or false information.  If the reason for that communication was to cause distress or anxiety to the recipient or to any other person, then the sender is guilty of an offence.
    • This includes mobile phones and the Internet (any form of electronic communication).
    • The offence occurs whether those targeted actually receive the message or not.
    The bit you didnt work out is The Malicious Communications Act doesn't work like that for stuff called a game....

LMAO

If that was the case, you would be under scrutiny Mr Philt123. With the trolling messages you have sent in the past. 

So pipedown, you sat in promode all war. 

Useless boomer.
    Deputy of The Musketeers
    All for one and one for all. United we stand, divided we fall.

www.muskshq.com

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,842
    Maybe you need to read the LAW closer, bear in mind what i have posted is not my opinion I havent offered my opinion at all.  Its not my place to decide who said what to who.  All i have posted is fact.  And available for anyone to check, the laws cover ANY online communication at all be it in a game, out of a game because of a game,  linked to a game.

This isnt spin it isnt trying to persuade anyone about anything I am not commenting over anythign specific or said who said what.  Only what the law covers, it might be an inconvienient, truth.  But it is THE truth.

And as for anyone who has played with me or against me over the years, knows very well I have never been one to send trolling messages in or out of game.  That is also a FACT.

So before you make any more statements defaming my character, I suggest you look u the legal definition of "slander" unless you are very confident you can back it up, which f course you cant as it isnt true!

Oh and before you say it yes it counts even tho its on a game forum!!!!
    Philt123 @ en 1

What laws are you implying by the way?

• KhalDrogo (GB1)KhalDrogo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 52
    #BringBackMikeshot
    3.5mil mp 100k positive food prod 
  • lol no dont that will kill the server 

mulam returns @ en 1

Mulam do you have any clue what's going on?

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 579
    You and your Praet bum buddies can keep liking each other's posts but again it's all BS keep calling us perverted kids to see where that gets you as far as I'm concerned you lot haven't provided a single bit of proof and yet you accuse of disgusting things while you yourself Gazz have made two shells by the names of Biga and Gray16 so pipe down. 
    report me to gge with those names and your in for a shock because i aint any of them so report it instead of babbling on. seems musks take carols ops and two new carol accounts pop up in musks carol69 caorl70
    lmfho amazing you can keep a straight face lol you must be laughing your head of at it.
  • NewBlood (GB1)NewBlood (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    Musketeers. You really should check on your legal knowledge of the internet and the fact that when something YOU write goes into the public domain, then you are legally responsible for its content, and any harm that it subsequently does.How do you think that grooming works, or blackmail. You yourselves keep bringing up the subject of teenagers playing this game, this shows that you are aware of the harm you may cause and the target group involved. Now, that shows premeditation on your part, and a certain amount of planning, and I sincerely hope that even now that authorities somewhere are looking closely into your accounts and VPN's, as even they can be tracked if so needed by authorities.
            On the subject of ages, I noticed that you continuously make reference to yourselves being teens, as though this will excuse what you are doing, WRONG!, and for sure, you and your comrades are NOT teens, but ADULTS who know exactly what they are doing, and are responsible for your/their actions.I think everyone that has followed the progress of the Musketeers and others through various alliances will know roughly what their ages are, and you are definitely not teens.Too often now people like yourselves do or say something that you think is innocuous, but in reality is the exact opposite. Many times its overlooked, for various reasons, until either its repetitive, or becomes more serious as they have got away with it previously. Your alliance at present think that they are untouchable and can carry on regardless, causing other players of all ages worry and anxiety by your thoughtless actions. Wake-up call.
             Many internet trolls, scammers, have also thought that they would never be traced, for varying reasons, only to suddenly hit the headlines and have those thoughts, and their lives turn into complete nightmares, as they went that step to far, and crossed the line. I think your actions in this, crossed that line.

• Akasha (GB1)Akasha (GB1) GB1 Posts: 33
    report me to gge with those names and your in for a shock because I *am all of them so report it instead of babbling on. seems musks take carols ops and two new carol accounts pop up in musks carol69 *carol70
    *lmfao amazing you can keep a straight face lol you must be laughing your head of at it

Did a few minor corrections for you mate
    : )
    Your tears almost have my paddling pool filled, keep going : )

It's a game blah blah blah report us blah blah blah watch nothing happens we were just as shocked as Lord Longshanks that Carol got her two alts in The Musketeers made herself diplo and capped her own ops now all this shite idk I'm kinda laughing ngl.

• no dont have a clue whats happened here just stating that internet crime can be serverly punished as the previous threads suggest, personally its a game and never experienced bullying, been accused of it when i do pvp which is what the game is about  
    mulam returns @ en 1
Sign In to comment.