Home Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Checking In / Random Thoughts

Hi everyone, hope you've all been well.  Been a minute since I've really sat down and tried to play this game but quarantine has me feeling bored and nostalgic.  I really gotta say, it's been great to be away from this game.  I was going to play today but just went looking through things and I can tell it's not really worth getting sucked back into.  This post doesn't really have a firm point aside from telling you to quit so if you're looking for something more meaningful, I'll stop you here.  

Just felt like popping in and saying hi to anyone I haven't seen in awhile or even people I have.  Gonna leave a few thoughts on the game as well assuming you're still reading whoever you are.  A few years ago I used to be on these forums quite a lot when the game was a bit more lively and not in a state of decay.  While I've made a lot of good memories and some friends I still talk to today, I really regret the amount of time I wasted on this game.  I have a pretty addictive personality with most things I get any enjoyment out of and this game is well designed to keep people like me sticking around.  With that in mind, to anybody that needs to hear it, this game really is a drag on life, time, (money for some of you), and just genuine social interaction.  From someone who was on this game maybe 6 - 8 hours a day at one point, it's really not worth it.  Since leaving, I've found myself developing new hobbies, getting into new games, and spending a lot more time with friends and family in real life.  While it might be harder for some of you to make friends or get into new things, this game really is one of the worst things to be invested in like that.  Its really unfortunate how many people on this game are genuinely funny / smart / cool / well-endowed because it definitely makes it way harder to walk away with such a wide variety of personalities to interact with.  While I know many people have invested far more time, money, and personal effort, it really doesn't change the situation.  Anything you've invested to this point is a sunk cost, and you shouldn't let that keep you around because the longer you stay, the more you add to it.  Anyway, guess most of you have read similar posts to this one by now so while it's probably not going to really effect any of you, just wanted to leave some thoughts from someone who was also genuinely addicted to this game at one point.  

Random segway, if there is anything new that's happened in the last few months on the game, let me know.  While definitely never getting back into this, I still like to know how things are going for those of you still sticking around.  Otherwise, feel free just to say hi, I'm pretty bored.  
nHIylr9gif = The battle plan

The Ningdom now and forever - Serry 

Hion has a small dink

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,833
    @TannerM. (US1)  I have enjoyed your posts over the years!  I am happy you have been able to make your exit from the game stick.  The wide variety of personalities still exist.  From those who take this game far too personal to those who can just play it at a chill level.  AND of course the difficulty when those two worlds collide.  

I wish you all the best!  I also hope that monkey gets what he deserves...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Andrew Milner (US1)Andrew Milner (US1) US1 Posts: 1,369
    @TannerM. (US1)  Heya, its been a while.
    Ya quarantine life go us all bored and coming back to the game. Cant agree more with you on quitting this game was a great thing to do. When I quit two or so years ago it felt great to get out and do different things, spend more time with friends and family, and what not.

For now I am having fun trolling and just catching up with some old friends. I think its fine to play the game as long as you can keep it from going to the point of it being an obsession. As for spending money, its a waste in my opinion. You can farm enough rubies for free unless your one of those people blowing through thousands of rubies a day. 

Andrew Milner @ usa 1

• Critical (US1)Critical (US1) US1 Posts: 44
    Ye both quit, but still talk on Forums lol
  • Wanheda (US1)Wanheda (US1) US1 Posts: 93
    i should quit, but i wont
  • Blodreina (US1)Blodreina (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    Tanner sama !!! <3:'(B)
  • i hear ya game sux royally these days
Sign In to comment.