Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Rise of the Shapeshifters

Please provide some feedback on the Rise of the Shapeshifters version of Outer Realms here.
Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter

Comments

• nuggyplayz (INT1)nuggyplayz (INT1) INT1 Posts: 28
    10 times better because you are limited to attack other players
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,104
    @Crom Cruach  It's the best OR ever...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• elendil (NL1)elendil (NL1) NL1 Posts: 78
    Is this the purpose of the game. one union discover a nice thing and ends 1/15
    lowest in ranking leaves the union for a while attacking the other who stands before him. joins again and lowest in ranking then leaves and attacks his own union member's??
    nice that they found this but was this the meaning of the new outer realm?

now every union can do the same? why build or make troops when it is just attacking friendly empty castles.

elendil @ nl 1
  • sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) US1 Posts: 140
    edited 03.03.2020
    IMHO.. another money grab..

1. monolifths are pretty hard to beat without a good cmd and/or the best troops
    2. speed of attacks too slow for pvp
    3. whats the point when you can just team up with someone that will empty there castle so you can level ea other up
    4. colors are awful

-smalls
    sboy777 @ usa 1
  • love it 100% better....
    gypsywitch @ usa 1
  • Jan25 (AU1)Jan25 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2
    colours make it very hard to play the game
  • Hello;
         I should have known that GGE would mess up one of my favorite events!!!  In the outers I'm level 14 and unable to find very many targets and this is after I've hit the monolith of corruption and got four or more tonics!!! Another thing is I can't control how many tonics I send on each attack,it sends all I have on each attack so I can't store them up.Also with the colors that you have the screen,it's very hard to see my troops and spies!!
    (1) I have to hit four monolith of corruption to get four tonics
    (2) Next I have to find a target that I can attack and spy it(Unable to attack any target that I want,only the ones approved by GGE)
    (3)Now I can launch an attack on one target
    Now for my second attack,I have to repeat all three steps above!!! I have to repeat these steps for each attack,to do my daily tasks I have to repeat the above steps 15 times. If I want to build up points I have to do this several dozen more times each day!!!

Anyone know of a better way and faster way to play this event? Please tell me if you do!!!! I have to do all of this BS to play this event while also trying to play the current event in green!!!! Looks like this will be my last outers event!!!
          I'm afraid to guess on how bad you guys will screwup the horizon event!!!
  • Zoltex (IN1)Zoltex (IN1) IN1 Posts: 8
    I actually loved this outer 

its fun and better 

the graphics are too good 

changes needed
    increase time of pvp battles

• elendil (NL1)elendil (NL1) NL1 Posts: 78
    Strange that they do not fix scoring system. RAW is just repeating same as yesterday and will end with 15 members on rank 1 if they play smart. 
    rest  of system is oke, you do not loose your points after a defeat after someone attacks your castle. beter then attacking really a lot and in the night you lost everything again.
    elendil @ nl 1
  • i think the fact of the top rankings 49/50 are from DE1 suggests a very disproportional bias. on the basis if it dont look right...doesnt feel right chances are it aint right
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 979
    @Crom Cruach  Going to try to leave feedback that isn't purely 'Negative Nelly' in your view in light of your skin not being as thick as you claimed when you started here.  Don't say we didn't warn you that we're a pessimistic group with a negative view of GGE.

Now having played this new SS OR for a bit here's my objective feedback.

The good:  The scoring system has merit in that it encourages people of equal level/progress to attack each other

The bad:
    1)Color scheme is very hard on the eyes
    2)The coin cost for the coin equipment is too high relative to what one can earn from the RB and taxes.  This actually applies to all versions of OR.
    3)Monoliths are too strong/cost too much to attack/allow too few troops to attack them resulting in high losses when using equipment won from the rb.
    4)Costs tonic to move troops around(station/support)
    5)Daily task list is too hard to complete early in the event as there are very few targets to hit that don't require the hard to get tonics.
    6)Has buy your way to the top at the last minute scoring since there is no daily point collection. Less overall strategy. If there were a daily point collection, said point collection time should change randomly day to day or at least OR event to OR event.  
    7)Very unbalanced F2P to Buy balance.

I know there are more negatives, but the concept has merit and could be real fun for everybody if the flaws(which should be easy to fix) are fixed.
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 242
    @Crom Cruach  Going to try to leave feedback that isn't purely 'Negative Nelly' in your view in light of your skin not being as thick as you claimed when you started here.  Don't say we didn't warn you that we're a pessimistic group with a negative view of GGE.

Now having played this new SS OR for a bit here's my objective feedback.

The good:  The scoring system has merit in that it encourages people of equal level/progress to attack each other

The bad:
    1)Color scheme is very hard on the eyes
    2)The coin cost for the coin equipment is too high relative to what one can earn from the RB and taxes.  This actually applies to all versions of OR.
    3)Monoliths are too strong/cost too much to attack/allow too few troops to attack them resulting in high losses when using equipment won from the rb.
    5)Daily task list is too hard to complete early in the event as there are very few targets to hit that don't require the hard to get tonics.
    6)Has buy your way to the top at the last minute scoring since there is no daily point collection. Less overall strategy. If there were a daily point collection, said point collection time should change randomly day to day or at least OR event to OR event.  

I know there are more negatives, but the concept has merit and could be real fun for everybody if the flaws(which should be easy to fix) are fixed.
    Covers it nicely
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 226
    It states it costs tonics to station but it doesnt remove the tonics from you so its free, however there is no option for how long you want to station as the tonic cost is there instead.

This version is too easy to exploit as whats happening now, players are jumping out of alliances so their team mates can hit them at the same level thus only costing 4 tonics, its that or they are splitting into 2 groups to save jumping out. 
    Cant see how this can be fixed
  • Tony C (INT1)Tony C (INT1) INT1 Posts: 57
    It states it costs tonics to station but it doesnt remove the tonics from you so its free, however there is no option for how long you want to station as the tonic cost is there instead.

This version is too easy to exploit as whats happening now, players are jumping out of alliances so their team mates can hit them at the same level thus only costing 4 tonics, its that or they are splitting into 2 groups to save jumping out. 
    Cant see how this can be fixed

They could fix this explouit but it would not be easy, for example some combination of these could work:
    - Have more alliance rewards and less individual rewards, and make it so that if you leave an alliance you cannot rejoin it
    - Have a restriction that you cannot attack the same player more than once or twice during the event
    - Have all real player targets anonymous (like the recent bead event, forget it's name) and randomise there a few times a day so you can't figure out who is who
    - If you attack the same player more than once, the number of tonics needed increases each time

A quick look at the leaderboard shows how the top players are all exploiting this
    Tony C @ WWW 1
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 291
    Well, pretty much everyone here is in an alliance, so there is nothing stopping other alliances from using the "rawside method" to rise up the ranks.  They won't hit the top spot because its too late for that, but there is learning for next time - surely?

That said, I am doing it the hard way, hitting my monoliths without boosters, gaining my 4 tonics, and finding a target to hit to level up, and it seems to work ok.  I did try hitting the monoliths without the benefit of a coin bought commander and failed three times so I can see how its pretty hard for non ruby players to do this event - they would need to hit a lot of RBs to get coins and equipment, and the trusty old macemen don't cut the mustard so you need to buy troops and strong tools for monoliths and use macemen for RBs

The colour scheme absolutely sucks, but aside from that I'm quite enjoying it. 
    Osiris @ en 1
  • sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) US1 Posts: 140
    edited 06.03.2020
    I will update my review..spending zero $ but lots of time... currently ranking in the 3ks..

its quite slow.. but I found a neighbor that is willing to work the rawside method for ranking up.. and Im learning some Italian.. so thats a bonus.

colors suck
    monolits are too strong
    daily duty is way not possible for non ruby spender
    and the event overall is just a huge grind 

i think with a $10 spot i would do much much better, but i will be happy if i finish in top 5k. so its not super bad.

could make this one like BTH, players would have to stay in their alliance, but its easy enough to find someone close to work the system.. Im going to say there is no way around that.

-smalls
    sboy777 @ usa 1
    There will always be a way around it but increasing tonics if you hit the same person might work,

At least it is something different which is good but change the colour scheme
    edited 07.03.2020
    Have the spy and attack times messed up for everyone?  

What it says and what is actually is when you press send is wrong and longer like that other time outers travel was messed up.

On the reset of global effects its back to how it should be

Second edit its running different again..lol
    Post edited by Fordy (AU1) on
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,104
    @Crom Cruach  It's the best OR ever...……..
    Clearly, this WAS the BEST one EVER!

What else can you say when 21 people in the same alliance TIE for 1st place?  

Great job GGE Developers!  GREAT job QA Team!  TOP NOTCH WORK by the Testing Team!

Cannot WAIT to see what the next "upgrade" to these events you all come up with...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Hello;
        I hate this latest version of the outer rims!!! You had a very good game that we were playing until you let the money men take over!! I played the event through this time to give it a fair shake but next time I'll take my rubies and set it out!! You've had a good game for several years now but you've let the money men come in and try to ruin it.They're doing a good job! As was listed above:
      The bad:
    1)Color scheme is very hard on the eyes and hurts your eyes if your at the keyboard for a long time (couple of hours)
    (8)The scoring system is very bad in that we can only attack who GGE approves for us to attack
    (9)We can only hit the Monoliths every so often to get the tonics that we have to have to attack approved(by GGE)targets unless we spend rubies to get time skips
    (10)takes to long for yours spies to spy a target and attacking army takes way to long to get to target and return to base and both the spies and attacks costs way to much money out of our pockets.

SB
Sign In to comment.