Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

BEST O.R. Ever????

This may just be the BEST Outer Realm ever!  Why?  

It is so convoluted, confusing, and costly, 90% of the people who join may never make it past tier 1 and only a handful will have enough tonics to even TRY to do an attack.

I spent a little time in there today, and it quickly became clear that this WILL require effort, time, and/or purchases to play.  I know, BIG shocker there.  Just to get 4 tonics requires defeating 4 Towers of Corruption.  Ok, seems simple enough, send an attack.  Hmmmm…… Only one wave.  Sending 3/7/3.  That's pretty small.  Recruiting Maceman / Crossbows doesn't get it done...…  Buy some stronger troops from the Armorer.  Ok, that cost about 1,500 coin.  Got the WIN!  but, lost 11 of the 13.  Uh, buy more?  Hmm...… nope.  Hit some towers!  Cost = 5 coins, reward = 28 coin.  so, +23 coin per.  Need 1,500.  NOPE!  I am done.

Sounds horrible!  How is this the best one ever?  Because so many people will come to this same conclusion that we might ALL TIE for high enough place to get tokens!  

Don't believe me?

Currently there are 21,919 people in OR.  and last place is tied at 5,865th place.  THAT place gives 577 Construction and 2227 upgrade tokens.

The lag lets you see both numbers.  TOTAL above, Ranking Below.

Let's ALL just join, and leave.  Everyone is a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another BRILLIANT Event brought to you by BRILLIANT people...……...
Good night.
Sleep well.
I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Comments

• Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 289
    Excellent - sounds like a plan! In fact it sounds too good to turn down  :smile:

I suspected it might be something like that with people saying they have been defeated by the monoliths several times using non-purchased commanders and tools.  That means virtually all the non ruby players will not advance past tier 1, or not a lot higher anyway. So as you suggest, there will be thousands of people tied for those lower ranks,  And let's face it, once you are in the top 9000 the rewards for each tier are very tiny increments.

My concern is it's now the third successive OR, with Horizon in hiding somewhere - you just know they are scurrying around in the background dreaming up ways to complicate that some more, ready to inflict a "new and exciting update" on us just because we have started to get to grips with the current event format.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 955
    LMAO guys.  Sounds about what I was thinking with the limited time I've spent there so far.
  • Hello;
         I should have known that GGE would mess up one of my favorite events!!!  In the outers I'm level 14 and unable to find very many targets and this is after I've hit the monolith of corruption and got four or more tonics!!! Another thing is I can't control how many tonics I send on each attack,it sends all I have on each attack so I can't store them up.Also with the colors that you have the screen,it's very hard to see my troops and spies!!
    (1) I have to hit four monolith of corruption to get four tonics
    (2) Next I have to find a target that I can attack and spy it(Unable to attack any target that I want,only the ones approved by GGE)
    (3)Now I can launch an attack on one target
    Now for my second attack,I have to repeat all three steps above!!! I have to repeat these steps for each attack,to do my daily tasks I have to repeat the above steps 15 times. If I want to build up points I have to do this several dozen more times each day!!!

Anyone know of a better way and faster way to play this event? Please tell me if you do!!!! I have to do all of this BS to play this event while also trying to play the current event in green!!!!
          I'm afraid to guess on how bad you guys will screwup the horizon event!!!
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,967
    We better be careful!  We are still all in the running for Build and Upgrade tokens, but if we are not careful, some might fall out of the 10k level.

Currently there are 27,178 playiing and lowest place is tied at 9603 place.  Not as good as yesterday, but 6k more people mostly doing nothing.  :)  

LOVE the lag in there, by the way!

Right now, we ALL still get tokens.  Let's see if we can keep it that way...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Bod1 (GB1)Bod1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 48
    For me, it sucks. Totally unplayable now.
    Bod1 @ en 1
  • It's another event that color blind people can't see. Good job GGE, but somehow I manage to be in the top 10000 for doing nothing.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

• Nikki5853 (US1)Nikki5853 (US1) US1 Posts: 94
    gge think tank, scratching their heads.... "how DO we get all these peeps to quit playing?"
    Nikki5853 @ usa 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,285
    We have provided the feedback from the forum and elsewhere to the team. Thanks for providing it to us here.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
Sign In to comment.