Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Crom is a Multi???????

You be the judge.  It is Feb 15th 8:17pm Eastern Time Zone in USA.

I stumbled upon one of Crom Cruach's posts, and his Signature now says his name is Yoda.

You be the judge...……..
Good night.
Sleep well.
I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Comments

• dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 461
    I have been a valued and passionate member of the GGE forums for many years now, these even being exact words use by some of the mods.

Upon hearing of the GGE official discord server I joined and quickly met up with some long not seen friends, there was some foul above pg rated language which crom absolutely detests so I even took it upon myself and became a good samaritan to tag Crom to clean out some above u rated language as Crom loves that. I quickly found myself at home.

To find out that someone in their childish behaviour not saying who or if its a mod decided to kick me.

I am deeply saddened, hurt, disgusted and feel this will leave a permanent mark on my benevolent nature.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'll continue your work; we'll see if I get banned!
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 19.01.2020
    Yes, i feel that there are a lot of things with this server that needs to be addressed by the CMs, the server is not sustainable in it's current state. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• aAlexe (US1)aAlexe (US1) US1 Posts: 308
    the server is atrocious atm. needs big reform.
    yes
  • EdMohrmann (US1)EdMohrmann (US1) US1 Posts: 126

There is NO WAY I'll trust GGS to safeguard any info I put on that (Discord) server.  Staying off of it.

EdMohrmann @ usa 1

There is NO WAY I'll trust GGS to safeguard any info I put on that (Discord) server.  Staying off of it.

GGS doesn't run Discord, Discord does. I'm pretty sure Discord has put security measures so that your information doesn't get leaked.

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

================
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,283
    but I'm such a nice guy....
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • imagine joining a public discord server

*crawls back under my rock*
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • EdMohrmann (US1)EdMohrmann (US1) US1 Posts: 126

Dliu3, I worked for IBM for 36  years.  For the 5 years before I retired, a portion of my responsibilities

was information security, specifically with 3rd party contractors (such as the operator of the Discord

software).   You'd perhaps be surprised how many 'leaks' are actually sales of  information by

employees of  those companies to 'interested parties'.

EdMohrmann @ usa 1

Dliu3, I worked for IBM for 36  years.  For the 5 years before I retired, a portion of my responsibilities

was information security, specifically with 3rd party contractors (such as the operator of the Discord

software).   You'd perhaps be surprised how many 'leaks' are actually sales of  information by

employees of  those companies to 'interested parties'.

Did not know that... I respect your point of view.

================
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• Ashe (AU1)Ashe (AU1) AU1 Posts: 30

GGS doesn't run Discord, Discord does. I'm pretty sure Discord has put security measures so that your information doesn't get leaked.
    Are you sure about that?
    For example: I do NOT have GGE linked to my FB - indeed they have seperate email addresses. I have NOT joined the GGE discord altho I have had discord for the game for quite some time.
    It is ONLY there (and in-game) I have contact with a player who - within days of GGE starting up a discord  - suddenly appears as a friend suggestion on my FB account. 
    I never linked the 2 events - a player suddenly appearing in my FB suggestions and the GGE discord - until I read this thread.
    Now I wonder........

Ashe @ au 1  
  • Discord is a third party company. If you have a Youtube/Spotify/ect account linked to discord, you will want to make sure it doesn't show your full name on your profile or people can find you.

I also found Crom to be mean on the first day but it is possible that this was due to a language barrier as he has been nice to talk to lately.

I do wish moderators were more active on it and if one of them in particular, gave warnings before setting 5 minute slowmodes and clearing experience points. 

It is still a new server and I hope GGE takes suggestions to make it better.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

Torrent, we banned you as you broke the golden rule.
  • Kingd0mKing (US1)Kingd0mKing (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    I was also banned for Pinging the mods when certain repeat offenders were posting emojis that they created using my face. After 20 mins of talking with the mod, he brought me back and said "No more external emojis concerning people without permission, breaking this will result in a ban" and didn't enforce it when they continued. Plus words like "Crap" are auto-deleted but a bunch of questionable content passes through the GGE server every day. Pls be consistent, mod properly and enforce the rules. Also, don't put irresponsible, biased, immature GGE players as mods! Not talking about the veterans that also run this forum, but the ones that are banning for people pinging them instead of fixing the issue they're being pinged about :joy:

#Shrinktherubygap
  • Not talking about the veterans that also run this forum... 
    Appreciate this part.

If i recall no rules where there when i joined
    This was your first mistake...
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    but I'm such a nice guy....
    u wanna unban me then?? Or tell me where i broke the rules? Im just curious what took you to this decision.Or maybe its discrimination as my discord profile may have revealed something to you about me personally...
    You can bypass the ban by using either a VPN or by changing your IP-adress. If you don't have anymore email adresses then use a fake email generator to register the account.

If they ban you again, just repeat the process, there is nothing they can do except keep banning every new account.
    Maybe after your 500th account they'll finally give up on banning you and you can finally become free again. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

Sign In to comment.