Can You Solve This?

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,869AU1
    3x=60 --> x=20
    x+2y=30 --> 20+2y=30 --> y = 5
    y-2z=3 --> 5 - 2z=3 --> z=1
    z+y*x=? --> 1+5*20=101

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 762US1
    edited 10.02.2020
    yes

Nice form there Herv.  Too bad so many can't do simple algebra and logic.  

• dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) Posts: 449US1
    Got a lot of folks on Discord too lol. A lot of people forgot order of ops and got 120.
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• New/harder question.

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.

New/harder question.

not solveable it#s a different wheel and it is never made clear if the equations are in correlation to one another

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • @Herveus (AU1)

It is solvable, you have to use the symbols to find the value.

The answer ranges from 16 to infinity as the value of the wheel in the last equation approaches 0.
    The wheel in the last equation IS NOT THE SAME as the other wheels, if it were the answer would be 22.  All done in my head.
  • You have to calculate the values of the symbols on the wheel. I might have made this one a little too tricky.

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 2,073INT3

You have to calculate the values of the symbols on the wheel. I might have made this one a little too tricky.

I will give it a shot:

30+30+30=90
    30+5+5=40 (5 spaces on each wheel)
    5*2x=80 / 2x=16 / x=8  OR  5*2x=80 / 10x=80 / x=8 
    8+(30/8) = 11.75    (8 spaces on the wheel)

Not happy with the decimal, but it is what I get.........
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• @Wasso (INT3)

You're the first person to have gotten it right. Nice!

Sorry that don't fly.  If you're going to do spaces on the wheel then each space either needs the same symbol or you need more equations.  You just introduced more variables and assuming each space on all the wheels has the same value when they have different symbols is not a logical assumption to make math wise.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 2,073INT3
    edited 16.02.2020

It was a logical assumption to make based on the information at hand.  

The 2nd equation had to be 30+5+5=40
    It is solvable, you have to use the symbols to find the value.
    Knowing it was 5, that the symbols were the key, that there were 5 symbols on the first wheel and the symbols on the second wheel were different, DOES lead to the logical conclusion that it was the amount of symbols and not the symbols themselves.  

Also, it was just a fun little game.  Don't over think it...……….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• People wanted a harder question, so I gave it to them. It's just a game, have fun.

Here is mine

• @Herveus (AU1)

Nooo, that's too hard for me. I give up on that one.

Going beyond lots of people there Herv, mixing mod, set and algebraic math.  You have a minor in math in your studies?
    As I understand it, the third member of the set would be 30, thus making y 100 and x 7 for a total of 107, but that doesn't satisfy the first line....
Sign In to comment.