Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horrizon... More like Beyond Annoyed.

So the event has been going on for a few days now. After playing this game for quite some time we have come to expect issues with new events/updates. We expect when there are significant issues that events would be terminated prematurely (like they have in the past). With the current issues only "affecting" a few, more like EVERYONE, we are (our alliance) now confused on why the event has not been terminated. This morning we had defense stationed at our capital, an alliance that has NO capital massed us. We dropped FAST in influence points. We thought "hey lets re-pay them a visit.... ohh wait we CAN'T! they don't have a capital" How is this right!? 

We are now asking for a 100% refund on our money spent on this event, and a compensation of top 1 prize for everyone! It is 100% ridiculous to keep an event live when it is truly 100% BROKEN!

Our alliance is taking a stand against this outrageous flaw and negligence from GGE that we will NOT be SUPPORTING the game in any MONETARY way until we are compensated JUSTLY! 

EliteGuards_US1
By MacDrizzleer, Deputy
For EliteGuards Leadership

Comments

• Mario 999 (ASIA1)Mario 999 (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 165
    Seems a few of us do not have capitals, can anyone explain why that would be?
  • Nikki. (US1)Nikki. (US1) US1 Posts: 94
    edited 26.10.2019
    those that spent their real money on this disaster should be refunded, that is the only fair compensation that makes sense.     I for one don't want compensated in any other way, especially on a temporary server in a temporary event you released that has been so riddled with problems (again and again) that most don't even want to log onto it, if of course they could even get in. your excuses are getting old. 
    Nikki5853 @ usa 1
  • Indeed, a monetary refund or the equivalent in rubies, either there (if they transfer) or on main acc
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    This is due to the popularity of the event. When the event started there was such a rush to enter that the map was populated too quickly to provide space for Capitals. We have made two efforts yesterday to force spawn Capitals at a range beyond the standard parameters and for the majority of players this was effective. However for Alliances still affected we have decided to not spawn Capitals at an even broader range as it would leave them at quiet a distance from the Alliance members. We will look into a more elegant solution on Monday, Influence is still being acquired and stored so your progress is not being lost. Our apologies for the inconvienience. 
    More like poor planning.  

Clearly, someone had the bright idea to group like items together on the map.  ALL the City States are bunched up, ALL the Player Castles are bunched up, etc.  They left JUST enough room for 1 Capitol for every 20 Player Castles.  Because obviously players will all join in an orderly fashion:  1 Alliance at a time, and all 20 Members at the same time.  This would result in only needing 1 Capitol every line or 2 of Player Castles.  

Well, reality doesn't play that way.  With one or two Players joining at the same time from thousands of different Alliances, all the sudden they needed space for thousands of Capitols.  ALL close in proximity to each other.

This is a new problem.  I have never seen any map so crowded.  Even Berimond gives more space between camps.  

Take a look:

And DUE to the above mentioned space issue, notice how many Capitols are bunched together at the top left:

Why would they do this?  Add in the fact that the resource load was set too low to handle the incoming players for the first 48 hours, and my money is on "cost savings".  They tried to load this event on a smaller server with more limited processing power.  Fewer spaces on the map, "simpler" groupings, the inability to MOVE your Castle properly, all seems to indicate they have this on an old XP server they had laying around.  

Those who fail to plan properly, are only planning to fail...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,808
    creating an event wqithout knowing if it can be handled.

don't talk about poulairity. players are just curious what is coming so thay all log in there .

and now players haven't capitals because GGE can't handle it :):):):).

flooop there goes the popularity :):):)
    flug @ nl 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    How about an alliance with no capital and a king without a castle?

http://prntscr.com/poxbu9
    http://prntscr.com/poxcb5

Awesome!

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,840
    Not to worry the server load will be fine next time I would imagine a fraction of the number of people will be joining next time unless there is some serious tweaks made, ie virtually a  re write.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • @Crom Cruach Can we get an update on why the event has NOT ended early yet. With all the issues and no known time limit of when certain MAJOR problems will be fixed, whats the point of playing in the event?  Your latest post says there are still alliances with no capitals BUT are still collecting influence points that CAN NOT be plundered. How is this fair/right?

Can we get some real answers and results?

MacD
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,368
    We are working on a solution for the problems and Alliance Capitals are the number one priority. If the solution was simple we would have already implemented it. However it is not and we are working away to get a fix in place.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • @Crom Cruach Thanks for the reply, I am however still loss on why the event just doesn't end early. Events have been cut short before in the games history when there are bugs that majorly affect the game's performance. What is upsetting is that there are many people playing that can have their hard earned progress taken away and others who can't. You said before that this event is strategy based and that alliances have to work as a team and be organized. Well when a few alliances DON"T need to buy defense troops, this is where others like myself see ourselves being ripped off and taken advantage of. 

Will there be compensation for this bug?

MacD
  • transistor (SKN1)transistor (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 32
    Seems a few of us do not have capitals, can anyone explain why that would be?
    we also do not have a capitals, and have not yet received an answer from gg
    Capitals are present for a very large majority of alliances. The main ones affected by this are one man alliances. We are hoping to have a fix but I can't predict as to when. The event is being left to run.

I hope that suffices as an answer @transistor (SKN1)?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    @Crom Cruach  You may want to double check that.  My quick check showed 2 of the top 5 don't have Capitals.

Please, double check this.  I checked every member just in case, and COULD have missed the icon.  But, doubt it.....
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• transistor (SKN1)transistor (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 32
    Capitals are present for a very large majority of alliances. The main ones affected by this are one man alliances. We are hoping to have a fix but I can't predict as to when. The event is being left to run.

yes but it does not help us as nobody got :( and it came but now it has been almost 2 days and nothing we have been able to build for defense, so everything we have collected is gone within 1 hour. how should it be compensated ????? ?
    At this point I don't have enough information to really provide an answer. I don't want to say something and have it turned out to be wrong. QA and our developers are working hard to fix the issues and we will do our best for you.
  • crom - dont worry - this event is as bad as it gets ....no need to fix anything because no ones bothering for next time. troops disappearing...no capitals so teams cant lose their points...its a mess. keep your fixes and bugs and poor management ill vote with my feet and money and avoid it in future
  • macdrizzleer (US1)macdrizzleer (US1) US1 Posts: 88
    edited 30.10.2019

http://prntscr.com/ppw1gz

Really? This alliance has 20 members and 91M influence..... ranked 7!!!! NO CAPITAL! 

Pleas explain how this is FAIR! If there is no FIX than I believe there should be a 100% refund on $$$$$$ spent on the event when it is NOT just small alliances but also BIG alliances that do NOT have a capital!

MacD
  • Indeed there should be a 100% refund on $$$$ spent and more. It's selling a product that is damaged.

End the event. Refund our money 100%. Reward all participant the TOP 1 Rewards.

Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file