Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Beyond the Horizon - Feedback

Comments

• Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) GB1 Posts: 264
    I would not have bought if i knew there would be no armorer so i want my money back 
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • Poseidon X AngelPoseidon X Angel Moderator Posts: 226
    edited 14.04.2020
    Hello @Stevemass (GB1)
    I understand your rage in this matter but please understand that everyone was affected equally by this.
    Support has been made aware of this issue and thus there is no need to contact them yet, a solution is being worked on.

Thank you for your patience,

Pos
    Post edited by Poseidon X Angel on
  • Hello @Stevemass (GB1)
    I understand your rage in this matter but please understand that everyone was affected equally by this.
    Support has been made aware of this issue and thus there is no need to contact them yet, a solution is being worked on.

Thank you for your patience,

Pos
    we had a 2nd team 6 who bought rubies and no rewards as could not defend anything. they need to give proper compensation or return money paid for rubies as horizons is the ONLY place to get relic craft items doing nothing but say working on it is a politans answer results is what is needed
  • The only thing i really like about this event is the rewards. I dislike the chore of playing it but for the rewards i put up with it.

That said i think that there are ways it could be improved, first of all you should be able to prepare a single castellan or commander that will not be 'available' in the server of origin until the week is out, this commander or castellan will be a commander or castellan in the new server.

This doesn't allow for troops or resources to be transferred back and forth, this means everything earned through hard work and sweat is lost at the end of the week. There should be a tithe of some sort for profits earned, something that can be sent back that was earned not a reward that was won, but if that's not feasible then changes to the castellan or commander's setup can be transferred back when they are, which might not be much or nothing at all but it puts the 'ball in the player's court'.

For other improvements to the Outer Realms I would recommend a walk through tutorial for those that seek to look, not too dissimilar to the start of the actual game, but including whatever special tasks and things that won't work in it. It really frustrated me this time around to not be able to attack other castles because they were on some sort of different tier, it did cut down on being attacked, last time i was attacked like a hundred times in the week long period.

Another benefit would be either an initial number of time skips or reduction on building time, we're only there a week and we don't need to spend (waste) our time building up our castle it's not going to be there next week.

I think that covers most of the ideas I had to better the game, or at least the Outer Realms.
    I try to construct any criticism into constructive criticism because simple complaining does nobody any good.
    Wayne Gryphon of Red Hydra

• ian2121 (US1)ian2121 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I got top 1000 with my alliance but I didn't get a prize.  I event put in a customer service request and the person just laughed at me.  Beyond Frustrating.  This is a terrible event and if you aren't even going to give prizes to people that waste their time playing it then that is just shameful. 
  • latest version is just for the RUBY WHALES once again.
    I buy some rubies - otherwise just not worth even going into the event BUT smaller player need to be supported - they allow this game to continue.

Setting off to capture shrine the second castle is beaten and time to capture is less than 8min 30 seconds BUT still cannot get there before it becomes a no battle - always on the bigger shrines - who is paying who???
    I call on GGE to get off of there asses and fix things - they have stuffed the game for the past year and continue to try and grab a few more dollars before it dies.
    Think we would all be better off finding a different game and leave GGE and their RUBY WHALE mates to see how long they last.

Really pissed off.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 163
    Its always a ruby game but not impossible for a non buyer. 8 mins to a shrine is for coins but its 5 mins for the 53 rubies and if you are hitting the castle you will get a chance even though ruby players have stables. The game gives you rubies its where you spend them that counts. The bigger issue is the return time home, just takes way too long
  • the proportion of rewards is a bit broken. I have 50.000 of cobblestone and 72000 glue but no timber straw or nails. GGE should add straw timber and nails crafting materials to the apprentice blacksmith so it can balance out the horizon rewards. We get plenty of cobblestone glue and Fabric from the horizon event so no need to add these three to the blacksmith tent just the Straw Timber and Nails.
    THE ARCHBISHOP OF BANTERBURY B) 

• kajacro (GB1)kajacro (GB1) GB1 Posts: 210
    the proportion of rewards is a bit broken. I have 50.000 of cobblestone and 72000 glue but no timber straw or nails. GGE should add straw timber and nails crafting materials to the apprentice blacksmith so it can balance out the horizon rewards. We get plenty of cobblestone glue and Fabric from the horizon event so no need to add these three to the blacksmith tent just the Straw Timber and Nails.
    I am amazed that you say you get plenty of fabric from the Horizon event. In my alliance this is always the limiter. Timber, straw and nails always the most plentiful, in decreasing order...then glue, cobblestone and lastly fabric.
    kajacro @ en 1
  • Achaean (US1)Achaean (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 08.05.2020
    This iteration seems to have some issues ( at least for me and a couple others ) with the performance tab. Just shows up blank. Also is having trouble displaying influence ( not sure why just this time but not the others ) when clicking on enemy castles and capitals. When finalizing the attacks it also says there is 0 influence for whatever reason. This is despite the ranking showing that these individuals and alliances have lots of influence ( tested on top ranked to be sure they weren't just cleaned out ).

@Crom Cruach

Is this a becoming a known issue or are we few alone in this? Had at least one person send a report so far.
    We give the enemy the maximum opportunity to give his life for his country.
    - Colonel Michael D. Steele
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 571
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Temprance said:
    Please post any questions/feedback here in regard to the upcoming Beyond the Horizon Event!

You can find information about the event HERE.

-Your Empire Team
    Its still a concept from first Test Server you did

All rewards you provide in this event you can do in Normal map

change all kermit equips we get from rb's and in rewards

I dont care about big wallet players...  you GGE does

if you want to keep players.. make a CHANGE... or loose more players
    and it ends with your staff need to start play to keep it alive

but why care...as long WE provides with the Ferraris and yachts....

just saying
    ;)

Best Regards
    NIGHTMARE
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,230
    We've reported the issues with the current run of Beyond the Horizon and we hope to fix them before running the event again.
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,529
    We've reported the issues with the current run of Beyond the Horizon and we hope to fix them before running the event again.
    A list of what you are reporting would be appreciated.  

Don't see this one on the thread......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I think this is the right thread to talk about issues link with BTH. Having done some calculations (hoping there is someone who can put it right just in case my maths aren't great) there really is no hope for any player to get very far in the game compared to those who literally spend thousands. 

60% Flank build Item:

Let us just look at how many fabric are needed just to get it to level 30; a grand total of 4,650. That really is too much!!

60% Front Build Item:

Again, it really is too much considering the extra front you need. So, let us go onto the courtyatd:

Lo and behold, yet another build item that requires a total of 4,650 Fabric. But here is the crux of the matter. This is how much we need in total just for those 3 relic build items that will give 60% Flanks, 60% Front and 60% Courtyard. I have not even counted the 20% melee and the 20% range that can be maxed out at level 20.

So, we have arrived at the grand total needed to get 60% for flanks, front and courtyard; a total of 13,950 fabric is needed. But hang on, there is more:

Rankings from 1st place to 1,000th place:

There seems to be a bit of a problem somewhere. That's right, the first place alliance will get (and I am only dealing with the alliance side of things, not the individual) only 190 Fabric after all that 6 days of effort and going without sleep just to defend a capital that will no longer be there after a set period. Now, let us break this down even further:

BTH Participations (As an alliance)

There is obviously a serious problem if an alliance wants to get 60% flanks, front and CY. The winning alliance would have to win it 73 times straight to actually get those done. I pity those who have done their best, only to find that in the last 2 hours, they went from top 50 to top 500. This could mean that instead of participating in 1,268 editions of BTH, they would have to partcipate in 3,488 editions of BTH and since this is a bi-weekly event, it would take around 134 years.

Therefore, there is a problem and it should be solved for all those who take their time and participate. Players don't ask for much, but when they spend money just to be in 1,000th place, it is not funny for them, in fact it is pretty much demoralising and it could lead to the playerbase being reduced over time.

Wouldn't it be in the best interests to actually create a new map (the ice, sands, fire have been done to death) where those who are at a certain legendary level can actually hit robber barons that actually give these materials. A lot of players have given you loads over the 8 years that I have played this game, I think it is in the best interests to at least listen to those who want to progress further. We don't ask for much, just a little fair play. 

• Thanks Legendary King, good post and totally agree with you there, this is ridiculous but for real, lets be honest all with eash other here and say this is madness to get those demands for finishing that task, totally demoralizing. As i see 70% of total player base from all server will have problem to get even 2% and 1% upgrade of all items, i mean every 5 of them to upgrade on 1 level, and what to say about upgrading them to level 5 !? I dont even think about leveling up more then that becouse its is unimaginable but for real !!!

Thanks to your calculations we can see very clear that we are looking at Sizifs work, we must push giant stone up the hill constantly and what we get ? Come on GG do you really think we are some zombies chasing everything on the game and that we dont have life in reality ? Let players be heard about this and listen them at least this time.

I agree with your idea about creating something new as new map normally in the game not separate server like outers and horizon, but something available to everyone, and to loot those materials, it would be smart and great thing for all players at least to give them option to have at least something even then it will be extremely hard but at least people would have some chance, this way it is really crazy to just see those stats !
  • Let us go even further with this. How about the relic food build items that can give 3,000 food production per hour:

That is just for one full maxed out build item for either one relic greenhouse/conservatory or granary, it doesn't matter which. Now, there can only be a maximum of 10 of these relic food build items. As you can see, to complete one relic food build item, you need to have been in a 1st placed alliance to get the 190 fabric. Again, all stats are based on alliance performance and not individual.

Here is the total of what you might need if you want to complete your main, 3 OP8 foods, ice, sands and fire:

Right, so the calculations have been done and do you see how crazy these numbers are just to complete all the necessary food build items to maximum level? 14,700 fabrics in total are needed. Therefore, a grand total of 28,650 fabrics are needed for the following:

60% Flanks
    60% Front
    60% Courtyard
    3,000 food production per hour build item

I have not included the 20% melee or the 20% ranged relic build item into the calculations either, but here are the numbers:

This is crazy!!!! These really are serious numbers and be honest @BM Neroxnex , @Crom Cruach @Poseidon X Angel, is this really fair, asking players to dedicate 100% of their time to an event where at the end of the day, everything is played for at 2:00am CET, when most people are asleep. I did hear the game was totally unbalanced, but not even the ruby whales or the best players who always get 1st place cannot play for that many events. It is about time you spoke to the development team and give us tired players something to hope for. For example, storm is old now and is obsolete, so why not change that map and use it for another world that produces Timber, glue, nails, cobblestone and fabric. I am pretty certain that most if not all players would prefer to hit towers knowing that they would be beneficial in the end.

• last time i will go to tangled wilderness.  its just a beat down and once i review those charts, it's obviously pointless.  And then to add insult to injury folks can buy sundials for extra waves but you still can't get lime bombs?  I play a game for fun.  And GGE please make note, this event is not fun.  
  • last time i will go to tangled wilderness.  its just a beat down and once i review those charts, it's obviously pointless.  And then to add insult to injury folks can buy sundials for extra waves but you still can't get lime bombs?  I play a game for fun.  And GGE please make note, this event is not fun.  
    The event is seriously broken and it was only a matter of time someone was going to get the facts and figures, which will show that 75% of players won't even get those relic build items to maximum level.

Sign In to comment.