We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Seasonal Booster TOKENS

Hey GGE, want to remove a very disappointing and morale devastating part of the game? Lets go to seasonal point tokens versus the locked in versions you have now. Why would this be better you may ask? I know that for myself real life happens. There has been more than once when I tripped the 18 hour booster accidentally and was only able to play a small part of it, or where I tripped it on purpose only to have something come up and have to leave/deal with whatever, or even more devastating when buying several hours of boost and having any of the aforementioned happenings. Please understand that some of your players are actually humans and that, unfortunately, many of them actually have to work to buy rubies. Here is the idea in a nutshell:

current 18hour booster: convert booster to tokens you get as reward. These tokens could be 1 to 8 hours in length. It would be easy to either do 6 tokens of 3 hours each or 3 tokens of 6 hours each, or a combination of the two lengths to equal 18 hours. Tokens could be placed in look of a castellan or commander to activate. Once active, it is "used" and the time will run until the end.

Purchased time would be tokens: These tokens could be an hour in length.

Some players would object to having to remember to restart the booster after each token expires, so use of multiple tokens would just add to the total amount of time, but that is at the player's own risk. If something happens after then started X hours of booster using several tokens then that was their choice to use more than one at a time and the blame no longer falls on GGE.

Why would this be attractive to players? It is a lot easier to plan for shorter lengths of time. If something comes up then you don't lose the major bonus that you worked for or purchased. I know players have quit this game due to family issues arising from the hours of play and the boosters, as they are now, can add to these types of issues.

Possible GGE concern, players building up large amounts of boosters over several events and then using them all in one event. That I would say it up to GGE. They could note that everyone has the ability to do so (even the nonbuyers) or they could make the unused tokens expire at the end of the event.

I know, for myself, this would make purchasing boosters a lot more attractive than the current system.

Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,617
    GGE know full well that the vast majority of legit players cant play 18 hrs straight, in fact they know that the vast majority of purchased or free boosters go to waste with no activity on the account.

Other games I know have addressed this issue by pausing the booster when u not online etc.  but not GGE they much prefer to appear to be giving you loads when in fact they know most of it will be wasted.

Of course the current boost system favours players  that have multiple users playing around the clock or that use a bot. Or in other words those that cheat.  I am sure we could all name accounts we have witnessed playing 3-4 days straight without a break 24 hours a day.

Of course GGE also know this, they have known it for a very long time, a very long time ago they made promises to address these issues through various methods, the checking of accounts the banning of accounts etc.  But the same old people are doing the same old things so I think they have given up or at least it appears that way.

So what about changes to the game?  This is one area that would be very easy to level the playing field, yet GGE have chosen to do nothing, Its chosen to let those players who can arrange to have their account running for inhuman amounts of time have a huge advantage over those that chose to play within the rules.

The sad truth is that GGE dont really care, if they did they would have done somethign about it a very long time ago as they promised.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • You'd expect the eighteen hour booster to be a trap for bot users, but that's not the case. Just another way of GGS making you feel bad about wasting boosters so you go buy another one.

• Koopa (US1)Koopa (US1) Posts: 73US1
    GGE know full well that the vast majority of legit players cant play 18 hrs straight, in fact they know that the vast majority of purchased or free boosters go to waste with no activity on the account.

Other games I know have addressed this issue by pausing the booster when u not online etc.  but not GGE they much prefer to appear to be giving you loads when in fact they know most of it will be wasted.

Yes and then they offer seasonal boosters in special offers with a higher percentage hoping you buy. Which a lot of players do. One thing GGE knows what to do is get people to buy.
Sign In to comment.