We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread - Update 29th August 2019

Please let us know your thoughts!

Comments

• Ashe (AU1)Ashe (AU1) Posts: 27AU1
    HUH??
    No idea what story is being told or what it means.
    All I know is my Overview is messed up!!!
    Thanks for that!
    Ashe @ au 1  
  • Aegon Targaryen (INT2)Aegon Targaryen (INT2) Posts: 65INT2
    edited 29.08.2019
    Nice job Crom, really like the way u describe everything and put imagination little bit, u keep it interesting instead simple and boring, feel sorry for people who don't get it.

Update is going to be interesting one and looking forward to, just getting more food production and with that more troops to keep in castles, it is ok but dnt know how it will affect PvP !?

It will be tough to break any deffence really and when someone stack 15-20k def in castle without any problem it it will be hell of a job to pass through.I hope something will be done in future updates abt attack and it will get some boost then balance will be good. :)

Btw. I guess this new materials will be available through events, individual and alliance, through outer realms maybe too, but i hope just it won't be able to be baught with rubys cause whales will get enormous advantage.

Castle skin is great, one of the best especially in last period. Looking good. 

• What are the developers thinking? 

With these build items, you are basically killing PVP. Allows people who hold honor to horde more defense together. I hope GGE know what they doing and they plan to bring something to counter this as it's just ridiculous.
  • benjames (AU1)benjames (AU1) Posts: 220AU1
    Give us a story, sure, even tho its not really a story type game...
    But please at least put something in like originally, dot points, that summaries it and gives us the key information at a glance.

Interesting update, but where do we get the items from is the question....
    Benjames--><--Semajneb

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 665US1
    See update thread on my thoughts.

As for the materials needed:  They will probably show up in stores and rewards in the next upcoming events.  Be forewarned:  You will need staggering amounts of these items.  Think farming tool numbers, but only in these all new items.  You will also need to do research for beyond the first 3 levels of these items.  That research will cost over 50M coins to complete and a couple weeks of research time(unskipped).

No/mis information is par for the GGE course, and a snow ball's chance is hell has way better odds than GGE changing course on the info front(and probably course period).
  • Thorten (US1)Thorten (US1) Posts: 99US1
    please fix the castle overview screen. 
    it has 'forgotten' the existing widget on the Bakeries and displays 81K storage for all castles

filed ticket  
    Thorten @ usa 1
  • Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) Posts: 141NL1
    Please provide us with information on how to get these materials.
    And please fix the bug with the storage being displayed incorrectly.

Current might without top 100 titles and 10k negatives.
    You can contact me on discord @Asmodeus#4120 for help in game.
  • we don't even have the free will to speak out without being corrected 
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 215GB1
    Maybe instead of another silly story you could actually explain how and where to get some of the items, please?
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!  Please just explain in simple terms instead of all this flowery nonsense.  It's hard enough to understand the mechanics of everything without having to hire an interpreter for an language long ago consigned to the history books.  I guarantee you, a very high percentage of people who still bother to read the notices won't have a clue what you are trying to say.

It was amusing for the first one or two notices; now its just plain tedious, obstructive and downright unhelpful.

I haven't event bothered yet to find out the changes I am supposed to be looking for
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 215GB1

..............I don't know if they realise how much not liked they are, I don't know anyone who doesn't dislike your actions, when was last time you did something positive for the community of GGE, or you just hire new moderators to tell us amazing storys like we are Melons or something, and do what you are undisputedly best at, Grapefruit updates....................

To be fair to Crom, Del, the Mods don't actually write the scripts of these notices - they are given them by someone in GGS to publish on the forum (or so both Angus and Fuji have both said during their tenures in the position).  The Mods are just mouthpieces in this instance, in the frontline and very much in the firing line for outraged player comments, jibes and whinges.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 817Community Manager
    we don't even have the free will to speak out without being corrected 
    Not in the manner you did, no.
    Please provide us with information on how to get these materials.
    And please fix the bug with the storage being displayed incorrectly.
    The Armourer and the Blacksmiths Apprentice will be providing these soon.
  • @Crom Be nice if we could trade some of the old crafting materials for the new ones.  I have so much sand, brick, farming tools ect, ect, that I have absolutely no use for anymore.

• in the end of the update announcement it says 'And last but not least… you might want to pay attention to some of our events coming up this month. A change has been made to some that you have been requesting for a very long time…'

does this mean we will be having samurai appear more than once during the LTPE or will we be having the berimond invasion returning?
    does this mean we will be having samurai appear more than once during the LTPE or will we be having the berimond invasion returning?
    It is a teaser designed to make you speculate....
  • Grunt3 (US1)Grunt3 (US1) Posts: 34US1
    Clearing his throat a little the Old Man started to speak again. “Each building in the castle has a unique energy or maybe resonance is the correct word your Majesty. Therefore it stands to reason that each has its own type of relic build items that can be bound to it. Adding one to your building will boost the energy through a sympathetic bond and I predict a boost to the production of the building or something similar at least. I haven’t tested these as much as I would have liked to.” A servant appeared at the Old Man’s elbow and delivered a small mug of ale. Before he continued the scientist took up the mug in one hand and drank deep. “Yes, as I was saying these relic build items will offer a huge boost. The peasants will be able to mix ordinary and relic build items in the same building though having more than one of each would probably create too much feedback and I would very much limit their use to one of each per building.”

So, am i to understand that we castle lords are considered peasants?? Maybe i missed the other update were some magical elf did stuff for us in the empire! Last time i checked nothing happens unless i play this game and still can't find the magical elf...Poor choice of words on your part storyteller!
    Grunt3 @ usa 1
    I would assume that the peasants are the ones hard at work inside those buildings in the castle?
  • Grunt3 (US1)Grunt3 (US1) Posts: 34US1
    Ok, so the peasants will add the build items to my stuff now or i'll still have to click to do it myself?

That's what i meant!

Anyway, you probably have more important stuff to deal with...
    Grunt3 @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.