We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Upcoming Events?

157»

Comments

• cheza2000 (GB1)cheza2000 (GB1) Posts: 269GB1
    We actually have to work a lot harder to provide the information at the event start. We will not be publishing an event guide and while I understand that this is frustrating and annoying for the players I don't have a choice in the matter.
    We understand that you don't have a choice in the matter but you are the conduit through which we can advise GGS of our complete dissatisfaction with this decision.

Announcements when the event begins are useless - The monthly schedule was one of the few things that had been heading in the right direction.  
    cheza2000 @ en 1
    Praetorians
  • Vanish (INT2)Vanish (INT2) Posts: 93
    edited 11.07.2019
    Have you passed along how oranges off the people in the forums are about this change? Because that's your job... you don't have a choice in what happens within the game, but you do have a choice in whether the people who make those decisions are informed or not.
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,722GB1
    yet again decisions made by people who dont play the game.  And its clearly been aimed as a marketing tool to  purely to try and attract new player ie make the announcments on social media etc.

What GGE seem to have forgoton is at this point in the games life cycle the existing players are THE most important asset this game and therefore this business have.

The game is in its decling phase,  therefore instead of desparatly trying to bring in new customers its primary focus should be keeping engaged its existing customers to stem the decline.

What is particularly frustrating about this decision is that there is no reason why u cant do both  ie advertise on social media the coming events and let players know in advance would be a win win.

If you genuinly believe that players are going to go onto social media and click like or share etc becasue they read some olde worlde nonsence you have missed the mark massivly.   You are about 10 years too late to that party where FB games were the in thing and peoples feeds were spammed with game posts.

Its frustrating as a player when decisions are being made time after time after time that slowly but surely chips away at  the game experience.  And its even more frustrating when all you hear is i know you dont like it but its not my decision, Especially when you know there really is no need for it.  Like this is the case.

It really is just a tiny little detail, but one that has been universally disliked and carefully explained exactly why we find it important, it hasnt just been a rant.

Yet you havent even tried to explain to us why the change has been made, the only feedback we have recieved is that feedback has been given and tough we are doing it anyway.  Its out of my hands.

Yet again its mushroom management

if you not sure what that is 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_management

maybe if you tried to explain the reason for the change, the aims of the change and logic behind the change you may get a little more respect and better understanding from players.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 895Community Manager
    maybe if you tried to explain the reason for the change, the aims of the change and logic behind the change you may get a little more respect and better understanding from players.
    I had hope that the sheer effort and determination from Community Management and the moderators on your behalf would suffice in earning at least some respect and understanding.

I have communicated most vehemently that the change away from an event schedule is not a good one. I will continue to do so at every appropriate opportunity and while this may not result in the change which you want that won't stop us from trying.
  • pit bull (GB1)pit bull (GB1) Posts: 15GB1
    so the outers event as started...HOLD THE FRONT PAGE NO IT AS NOT LOL
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 728NL1
    question;

why today the anouncement that shapeshifters started yesterday?
    Why today anouncement that outer realms has started but has't started yet?
    flug @ nl 1
  • so we get another announcement that does not make any sense - please do Use understandable language - or offer a simple statement - i see that the SS have finished despite it saying when i checked last night they'd got days to run !

and apparently the outer realms is trying to start !

They did this stuff years ago which led to the clarification and an event schedule - why not just post the actual info - i'm very close to reporting the facebook posts as offensive rather than spam - then you'll get an automatic ban !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 728NL1
    this kind of ****** wasn't with monthly schedule :):):).

when do outern realms start? because it hasn't started yet.
    flug @ nl 1
  • B0RAT (LT1)B0RAT (LT1) Posts: 85LT1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,922INT3
    I had hope that the sheer effort and determination from Community Management and the moderators on your behalf would suffice in earning at least some respect and understanding.
      We do give YOU "some respect and understanding".  We just don't have much for GGS when it comes to GGE.

I hope your skin is thick enough to handle and understand the difference...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

We do give YOU "some respect and understanding".  
    Looks like I'll still have to work a bit harder for you then.
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 697US1
    @Crom Cruach  Would you mind deleting all the announcement threads and the like that are no longer relevant, or at least removing the sticky on them that puts them in the recent discussions and take up at least a screen and a half?
    @bernhardt (US1) I will do so now
Sign In to comment.