We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Upcoming Events?

Comments

• Why are GGE consitent trying to kill all fun in playing this game. The new announcement  system is just another try from GGE to force us to buy more rubys. Just like bloodcrow and forrigen invation have almoste no soldiers anymore to get us to use more banners. But most of us just go tierd and skip the event..

It's stupid and bad business if you ask me..

It's acctually now shame in turning around GGE. Drop the new announcement system and give us the lists back.

• SystemSystem Posts: 29,550
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Discussion Thread: Roadmap for Q2.
  • B0RAT (LT1)B0RAT (LT1) Posts: 85LT1
    edited 02.07.2019

Is this true ? Or we should follow your Event announcements ?
  • jamman (US1)jamman (US1) Posts: 78US1
    edited 02.07.2019

As usual, Philt123 has totally nailed it!!!    B)

I don't need to do anything to know it's useful for players to know in advance what events are coming!!!

I don't understand what we need to wait for, the question is simple:  Is it useful to know in advance what events are coming.

The answer to that is a simple one:  Yes it is.

It's not like it's a new event ... that I totally get ... we can't judge until we play it, ... but THIS is pretty simple to know if we like it or not already.  And you already got your answer, because yes, people do prepare in advance for certain events.  As you made the game so it takes a very long time to build things, so therefore to have the best chance possible at doing well in certain events then yes, it really does help to know in advance when it's going to be.    

As an counter-example HYPOTHETICAL illustration of how obvious it is that this will NEVER work ... try this ... please do NOT let GGE employees know when or how much they are going to be paid, ahead of time.  Just trust that the company will take care of those things the day before it happens.  That way there's no need to plan your vacations, education, grocery shopping, rent, car repairs, etc.  Just live each day, one day at a time, with no cares/worries about tomorrow.

"maybe we can at least try it this way before judging its merits and failures"    :s 

Right ...

See how long it takes until those employees leave the company to go find another that has a modicum of common sense?
    Post edited by jamman (US1) on
    jamman @ usa 1
  • jamman (US1)jamman (US1) Posts: 78US1
    edited 02.07.2019
    This sets up an interesting parallel universe scenario:
    I wonder if Trump could be involved.
    ... for a new reality TV show, Apprentice Blacksmith.

At the end of each episode, Trump turns and looks into the camera, and sez:

... You're FIRED!!!     :cold_sweat:
    Post edited by jamman (US1) on
    jamman @ usa 1
  • AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) Posts: 320US1
    I can totally understand that planning for upcoming events and real life ones was a convenience but we have set plans in motion for the event announcements and we will be sticking to this new way of doing things.
    So basically, this gaming community provides feed back and you ignore it and 'maintain the course'? How Donald Trump of you, must be proud of your dismissive persona. *waves hand dismissively*
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
  • pit bull (GB1)pit bull (GB1) Posts: 15GB1
    edited 02.07.2019
    this is just gge not giving a rats orange about the players that shovel money into there coffers....i like others plan around the monthly schedule but until it gets put back up i for one will not be buying any more rubies ....we take enough strawberries from gge already and i dont think im the only one thinking is it worth playing any more
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
  • Do read forum and have the greatest respect for all the players who post because at least they talk real sense and understand whats best for the game unlike GGE
    Personaly I dont see the point wasting time commenting here in the forum
    because over the years playing this game what any players have posted  just seems to get tossed away into a bin and ignored which shows no respect to players.
     Yes GGE everyone knows this is just a Game and everyone has the choice to either  play this game or not.

But wake up and smell the coffee stop putting your heads in the sand ignoring these players comments its killing the game and as the world map shows many players have already had enough to continue to play the game

For me today Its out into the garden to enjoy the sunshine no point playing today no incentive with whats on offer:):)

Manu Castle
    Leader Of

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • I can totally understand that planning for upcoming events and real life ones was a convenience but we have set plans in motion for the event announcements and we will be sticking to this new way of doing things.
    That attitude against ones customers is a shure way to bankrupcy. Keep it up and this game is done for.
    Why waste time on stupid things we dont wan't instead of fixing some of the bugs we have reportet in for years.

In it self i'ts not a huge issue this, but it's the sum of all things, and the attitude GGE have against their customers that realy sets me off.

At this point in time i can't see any point in investing any more mony in this game because it will be gone soon anyways...

• Instead of posting herald this, herald that - and basically SPAMMING the updates section - can the CMs or someone please post the event schedule for this month ?
    Or did I miss it ?

Can you guys seriously not post the next month EVENT SCHEDULE by 25th or something of current month ?

@Crom Cruach

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,921INT3
     At least we don't have to worry about the event schedule in there...…….
    Well, it looks like I was wrong.  Welcome to the insanity, INT3.   Now there is no point to my two accounts...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 883Community Manager
     At least we don't have to worry about the event schedule in there...…….
    Well, it looks like I was wrong.  
    You jinxed it!
  • Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) Posts: 141NL1
    Event schedule got removed to avoid complaints about changes to the event schedule.

Current might without top 100 titles and 10k negatives.
    You can contact me on discord @Asmodeus#4120 for help in game.
  • CJM9 (US1)CJM9 (US1) Posts: 9US1
    the event schedule is very helpful, especially when it comes to preparing for berimond, bring it back
    being greedy does not make the game more competitive, it only angers ppl,

CJM9 @ usa 1
  • Looking for the July 2019 Event Schedule, is it out?
  • Looking for the July 2019 Event Schedule, is it out?

See our recent announcement regarding event schedules -

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/365436/the-heralds-emerge

We will begin announcing events prior to their commencement versus publishing a monthly schedule.
  • I agree with Ken, That's not an answer to his question but just gibberish. 
    So when WILL you guys post the event schedule of the month that is already a few days old?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,921INT3
    I agree with Ken, That's not an answer to his question but just gibberish. 
    So when WILL you guys post the event schedule of the month that is already a few days old?
    I will translate:

"We are not able to post a schedule that we can stick to.  Therefore we will no longer post a schedule!  Once we know that an event will work (or at least THINK it will work), we will let you know that we are going to run it that day."

Happy Gaming...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.