We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Upcoming Events?

Comments

• B0RAT (LT1)B0RAT (LT1) Posts: 85LT1
    "We will instead announce events on the day they will begin. "

No no no no.
    How GGE even get this idea ? How should I know what troops to hire in evening, one day before, two days ?  Attack or defense ? Maybe tomorrow will be Bloodcrows or maybe Nomands ?
    Should I produce flags or wooden shields ?
    Should I hit hard on Berimond because other event is on the end of month or I can hit relaxed because other Berimond is one week later ?
    Nooooo food production bonus from berimond is not important for us.... LOL. 

YOU understand that is not logical at all ? 
    Where we PLAYERS can write or vote for those changes ?

@Crom Cruach Can You answer like a man, not community manager. Do you think it is better ? Logical ? 

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 909Community Manager
    @B0RAT (LT1) What I can do is inform the team here about peoples displeasure about the change. However I would say that maybe we can at least try it this way before judging its merits and failures.
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1
    The brains at GGE must be melting with this heat, unable to think right.
    Sending in game messages that hang the game needing special trick to get them visible, not knowing what event we are getting next if any?
    this is no longer a game, this is a pile of bugs.
  • Shadowfell (INT3)Shadowfell (INT3) Posts: 16INT3
    edited 01.07.2019
    @Crom Cruach  the monthly event guide is way better as it helps players to adjust their game time with the day to day work its a real shame that now we will only come to know about the events on the day they commence, is it possible for you guys to bring back the monthly schedule anytime soon i cant wrap my head around it that who will benefit from this change?
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1
    On the day we will know?
    will that be announced like the 30 minutes special offers, announced when we are asleep?
    and what about storm and dropping monuments and labs, are we going to have to wait until that will be announced?
    I am very sorry but cancelling an event schedule and announcing at the day it starts is the most stupid thing I ever heard.
    The new event should at least be announced 24 hours in advance.
    I am not so very smart, but good games empire already has many unsatisfied player , why now this no longer bringing an event schedule so we at least know when we can level ranks? I expect more events will disappear making empire even more boring that it already is.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,727GB1
    edited 01.07.2019
    I dont need to do anything to know its useful for players to know in advance what events are coming!!!

Oh its Kahn next week let me start building up my defence in advance. now I will get what 30 mins maybe an hour?  Just exactly how many defensive troops am i goign to be able to build up for the event in that time?

Well for me thats about 1 or 2 hundred troops, if i start the instant the announcment is made!!!   thats gonna massivly help me defend those 2000+ troop Kahn incomings isnt it!!!!

I dont understand what we need to wait for, the question is simple, is it useful to know in advance what events are coming.

The answer to that is a simple one yes it is.

Its not like its a new event that I totally get we cant judge until we play it, this is pretty simple to know if we like it or not already.  And you already got your answer, becasue yes people do prepare in advance for certain events.  As you made the game so it takes a very long time to build things, so therefore to have the best chance possible at doing well in certain events then yes it really does help to know in advance when its going to be.  

Do you not listen to any feedback thats posted in the forum?  when GGE change order of events do you think that its just players moaning for no reason?  No its not its because they have prepared and planned their items, their troops, their tools, their banners, their commanders in advance, so when you change the order it really screws them up!!!  oh its kahn event I will need a load of defensive tools and defensive troops, oh its Sams, oh thats good I can hit that really hard so I will build mantlets and Ranged troops.  That way I can use the tokens to get some more defensive troops which will help in the nomad event that follows it.  Which I need to buy the night before I go to bed because by the time I get up in the morning the event will be finished and the shop gone, and by then I wont be able to spend those tokens as I will have no idea what event is coming next!!!!

But I guess thats the whole point of not telling players the running order, so they cant plan in advance, they cant build the things they need to maximise their performance in the events, but they always have the option of buying what they need with rubies, no need at all to plan in advance then is there!!!

So forgive me, I really dont need to wait till it happens to know this is going to be bad particularly for the non ruby / low ruby purchaser, and it will negativly effect their abilty to compete in events compared to the ruby buyer who can just buy what they need when they need it.

BUT it will also negatively effect the ruby buyer also.   As GGE are very sneaky with their offers, so lets say its Foreign invasion, you wont get any decent glory banners offers at the start of the event, meanin if you need to buy them you will end up paying full price.   But if you know a few days before that its in invasion coming up you can wait until a good glory banner offer comes up and buy them knowing you will need them in a few days.  Now if we want to use them right from the start of the event we will need to pay more or wait till the middel / end of the event where the offers start to come.

GGE does this with pretty much all their events.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,095INT1
    I also find that is a sinister on GGE part, what are they hiding from , there is no clear reason for this , unless they have internal problems . It screams out bigger problem to come .

Why could not they tell us a week ago Crom been quiet since the 18th of last month, so i think this is a surprised to him also.

I think we all must take from this , that GGE silence is deafening in this last few months with the royal Capital non compensation , and as much as i like to think all Mods will raise our concerns , i think they will fall on deaf ears so here is hoping for the best , but expect the worst .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I also find that is a sinister on GGE part, what are they hiding from , there is no clear reason for this , unless they have internal problems . It screams out bigger problem to come .

Why could not they tell us a week ago Crom been quiet since the 18th of last month, so i think this is a surprised to him also.

I think we all must take from this , that GGE silence is deafening in this last few months with the royal Capital non compensation , and as much as i like to think all Mods will raise our concerns , i think they will fall on deaf ears so here is hoping for the best , but expect the worst .
    As most of us long time players know that the game is at a constant downward slope in terms of popularity, even the big ruby spender are unhappy with the stuff gge is doing recently, for example the recent discontent expressed in the German forum with the whole "pink flag protest" with decisions like this GGE is just digging their graves tbh as even the big ruby spenders are unhappy and now the unpredictability regarding which event will come next will force ppl to spend more as they cannot prepare for the events in the advance. 
  • @Crom Cruach you mentioned that info would be on facebook or twitter - i don't have twitter and your facebook page does not seem to be working at present as tried to view it and got nothing - despite having followed it for 6 yrs !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 909Community Manager
    Just search for @GoodgameEmpire on Facebook and you will find us

• -> changes from a monthly schedule to announcing events a day before
    Perfect logic

On a serious note, it really feels like a step backwards - like what's the need for this change?
    I'd rather be prepared way longer than a 1 day headsup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,095INT1
    Crom we had certainty with LPTE , but now we will be at the mercy of GGE whims every day , guest what lives are built round LTPE not daily information . please could you ask GGE which part of the LTPE was broken , most of you have heard the saying , IF IT IS NOT BROKE , DONT FIX IT . this is a prime example of what GGE have done fix something that not broken . I am sure MODS every where must be bemused like there customer , and yes you too are customers .

There is more to this than meets the eye .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 474NL1
    @dandelion1958 (GB1) we won't be publishing an event guide this month. We will instead announce events on the day they will begin. This will be done in-game and here but also on Twitter and Facebook so please feel free to follow us there if that suits better.
    Please don't announce events on the day that they begin. We get too many popups and spam in our in-game inboxes already and when the event arrives we can see it already. No extra announcement needed for something that's already there.

So please either give announcements beforehand or no announcements at all. In my opinion, your plan is worse than these two options.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Death77 (US1)Death77 (US1) Posts: 65US1
    i Agree with Robot id like knowing what the month brings than individual days
    https://prnt.sc/h1stbr

NOT PART OF ANY WAR

CAME FOR A BEAR HUG AND LEFT

OUTSIDE MY CASTLE WITH A SCYTHE

FIGHTING, PROTECTING MY FAMILY AT ALL COSTS

HIS NAME IS DEATH 
  • Just another example of gge taking away something that for a variety of reasons is helpful to players.
  • B0RAT (LT1)B0RAT (LT1) Posts: 85LT1
    edited 01.07.2019
    I think we should stop "hitting keyboard's buttons" because nobody cares.
    There is no such thing like - "First ask then do". No matter how long and how ofter we will write here, there will always be -  " We did this, is it ok ?"
    Post edited by B0RAT (LT1) on
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,924INT3
    Since they cannot keep to a schedule, the obvious answer is NOT to put one out.

Perfect GGS logic in action...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,727GB1
    Only GGE could put out an announcment that keeps you in the dark by pretending you its keeping you informed.  PMSL.

The audacity of it its unbelievable.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,846AU1
    edited 02.07.2019
    I hypothesize that with said changes being done that players, who prefer to plan ahead and be prepared for an event so that they can maximize what they get in return for spending, will perhaps change their monetary descions in regards to Good Garment Events (e.g. mask balls)
    Post edited by Herveus (AU1) on

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Just means less spending from me not a big deal for me, more of a problem for them than me
    I concur

Gets less every month..
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
Sign In to comment.