Way to many low level castles in Crows & FC's.

Comments

• Blitzkrieg (GB1)Blitzkrieg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 165
    Nothing changed, FL's / Bc's aren't real players, it has no impact lol 

• @HardCase (US1) try hitting more blood crow castles and maybe u"ll find some good enough. Although it is dependent mostly on luck, but with a little more effort u may get some good castles. I am at lvl 45 currently and i was able to get 3 1Ks (and yeah that's a pretty good no. for a lvl 45) and i was able to get such bcs castles after like 10-20 hits. and this time i defeated close to 50 blood crows. So just keep hitting and do save your hts and banners for a good castle :)

All the Best.

-Ather.
    I'm glad you are getting a few bigger ones.  I am a level 70 and the last 3 events of Blood Crows or Foreign Invaders, most of what I get are below 600.  I haven't seen a 1,000 or higher castle most of this month.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Just today, I spied all 10 of my Foreign Castles.  I had 3 castles that were over 900, the remaining 7 had 2 that were in the 600-700 range and the rest were 500 and below.  What gives with this?  How on earth do you expect level 70s to get anywhere in getting glory with this kind of output on the WoR and Blood Crows?

Somebody really needs to take a good look at this.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Community Manager Posts: 1,114
    edited 25.03.2019
    Somebody really needs to take a good look at this.
    I had a brief chat on Friday with the Game Team as I've seen many people discuss this topic. First of all I've seen reports that we lowered the number of troops available over time. The formula for calculating the troops hasn't been changed at all. We will however look into it to make sure it is working now as it did at the start. 
    The number of troops present is a variable so of course there is luck involved. When a castle is spawned on the map it is given a pre-built set of occupants. Each set has an equal chance of being selected. We haven't weighted this selection one way or the other.
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    Forum SignatureDiscordFacebookTwitter
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,904
    Have not noticed any difference when hitting a couple hundred it comes out with about same amount of good castles (4k+) depending on the server matched against

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Druids (GB1)Druids (GB1) GB1 Posts: 121
    I had the same excuse from support last year over the numbers in crows and fc's castles. They even had the cheek to call it the gamblers fallacy, but forgot that because of what they do in the programing its not pure chance, and no matter what they say its always rigged in their favour, otherwise they wouldnt make the money, and would drop the events.
    With the introduction of the dethrone choices, its just a further way to increase the revenue to gge. I have tried both the token and ruby method, and they are a totally unfair way for gge to make even more from us. Very rarely have I ended up with a better castle to attack, more often its worse, either by troops or tool wasting setups.
    Gge are not playing fair as they know that the events themeselves are tied to others where you will miss out by not taking part.
    Come on gge play the game, you have to give somethings back sometimes, If your going to charge extra for dethroning, (which I dont think you should). Then at least make it a viable positive action and not a loss making one for players.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,904
    I had the same excuse from support last year over the numbers in crows and fc's castles. They even had the cheek to call it the gamblers fallacy, but forgot that because of what they do in the programing its not pure chance, and no matter what they say its always rigged in their favour, otherwise they wouldnt make the money, and would drop the events.
    With the introduction of the dethrone choices, its just a further way to increase the revenue to gge. I have tried both the token and ruby method, and they are a totally unfair way for gge to make even more from us. Very rarely have I ended up with a better castle to attack, more often its worse, either by troops or tool wasting setups.
    Gge are not playing fair as they know that the events themeselves are tied to others where you will miss out by not taking part.
    Come on gge play the game, you have to give somethings back sometimes, If your going to charge extra for dethroning, (which I dont think you should). Then at least make it a viable positive action and not a loss making one for players.
    it seems you did not understand the dethrone feature at all

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    I've found exactly the same thing as I used to, as a player I'm not at all convinced that the castles have become any worse. I am convinced however that as it stands the event is a rather tedious grindfest. When the event first came out, attackers had a lot, lot less attacking power than they do now. Having a baseline of about 600 defenders when they are supposed to be like castles of real players (they were originally advertised as actual clones of real castles from the server in question!) is really rather silly now.

Considering the event arrives multiple times per month, it would definitely benefit from a bit of an overhaul in general. Particularly as the big ruby spend / cash earner, especially with the new tools, will be on the good castles to max out glory with rather than rerolling / boosting castles.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 745
    Still a complete waste of time and effort.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Foz (GB1)Foz (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    Hi all

Just wondering why the last several crow and FL events have not sent any attacks on us, have they been changed completely so they dont attack us any more?

Foz @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,101
    Yes GGE has stopped attacks

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
    Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
  • Foz (GB1)Foz (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    ok thanks for that
    Foz @ en 1
  • susa297 (GB1)susa297 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 18
    I don't know how you all feel about FCs and BCs but my lot are very tired and disillusioned by them ...many aren't even bothering to play when they are around . The castles are utter rubbish and very 'expensive' to keep deforging and most of the time deforging is worthless anyway .Now we have no incomings from them as well seems a pointless exercise....thoughts
    susa297 @ en 1
  • Yep, it's very frustrating, hit about a 100 yesterday and couldn't find a castle above 2k which is just hopeless.

Think they need to change the event slightly in my opinion, for ex, say after every 100 hits on a FL's/BC's, you get 1 guaranteed "special" 10k defence FL/BC castle highlighted outside your castle which you can hit once.  Or an idea similar
    - at least it gives players an incentive to hit the fl's/bc's and would make the event more popular to play
    Server loot record on UK1- (28/01/2018).
    http://prntscr.com/i6u6zp

New record on UK1- (13/01/2019) :)
    http://prntscr.com/m8j849
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,345
    If you are working on the LTPE or the King of Shadows / Queen's Defense, the easy castles let you get through them with lower troop losses.  It also requires more flags to get enough Glory from the small ones to get the higher LTPE point levels. Coincidence?  Flags ARE available for Purchase.

If you are simply trying to boost your Glory Title, then it is a crap shoot at best.  

Kind of seems appropriate to me, in all honesty.   If you want to boost your Glory, go hit a real player who has defense.

Of course, that is just about as hard to find as a FL/BC Castle with good defense...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
    Yeah, we all remember the whining from players about getting hit by the FL/BC attacks while they were offline.

Hard to believe THAT was the 'feedback' GGE listened to......
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

We do listen, we take the constructive feedback from here and feed it into the development process.
  • Yes based on player feedback at the time we stopped the attacks originating from the Bloodcrows.
    We do listen, we take the constructive feedback from here and feed it into the development process.
    the whining in this case was mainly from 4/5 yrs ago when the events originated - not seen anything about this on english forums for a long time - does this mean that what we say now is going to take a similar time to have an effect ?
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    edited 16.04.2019
    Hmmmm…….. I will try it again, without the tongue being stuck to the cheek.  The "complaints" about the FL/BC attacks were soundly ridiculed by the majority of the players.  The FL/BC "attacks" were no big deal.  The fact that a real live player CAN hit someone was the original point of the event.  

If you go back far enough, it was SUPPOSED to be a "simulated" Server v Server event.  Take the defense setups from the first server and copy them as Event Castles on the second.  Then take copies of REAL attack setups that occurred on the first server and copy them to attack the players on the second server.  This WAS a fairly slick idea, WAY BACK when it was first thought up.  Problem is, it never ACTUALLY was implemented that way.  It became a cookie-cutter event castle line up to attack.

ONE TIME during each event, ONE FL/BC castle would send ONE attack.  Sometimes there would be none.  These were often hilarious in their set up.  I received ones that were all Defense troops with no tools.  There WERE the occasional ones that WERE properly tooled, and made up of Horrors.  

During the last few years the "complaints" about these events came in two flavors:

1 - These castles are TOO WEAK!  I never get a GOOD castle to hit!

2 - I keep getting hit while offline!

How did GGS respond?  

1 - The Dethrone Option.  PAY for a new castle roll. or PAY for a few hundred added troops.  (Neither gave a worthy defense for the cost and was NOT what the players were asking for)

2 - Turn off the FL/BC attacks. 

So, DID GGS "listen"?  Kind of.  But, they didn't "hear".

What would have been better received?  Below is what was suggested many Many MANY TIMES:

1 - Guaranteed large defense castles.  Even if 1 out of 100.  SOME way that a player would know a "Big One" was out there.

2 - an OPTION to opt in / opt out of the "event".

Even if GGS didn't want to give #1, they could have done #2 to satisfy those who were "hurt" buy the mean old FL/BC's, but still let the rest of us DEFEND the attacks. 

We know you are new, and could not have known this history.  But, this IS a good example of where the frustration that many have built up over the years has come from...……...
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sign In to comment.