Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Availability of Construction & Upgrade tokens

2»

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    edited 27.06.2019

Build up lots of men?  The Fast Recruitment is on all the time in there.  Is a 2000% boost not enough? 
    The thing is, how are we to get sufficient coins to get sufficient men? It's all very well getting a hundred the first day but they're quickly lost from attacks. 2000% is nice...but useless when all your coins are gone and wasted. That's probably why CRUNCHER suggested events in Outers, as there's no easy way of getting men.
    How many do you need?  I go in each day to find between 0 and 15 troops left.  I build up around 4000 coins by doing the daily tasks, or achievements.  Macemen and Crossbowmen only cost 45 and 50 coins each.  That gives me 40 troops.  You can also hit BRCs and sell the gear for more coins.  Plus the 10 ruby troops I can buy when the price is at 10 / 9 per.  Those 50+ troops are all I need to hit enough castles to get me back to the 2.5k - 5k range.  

IF your expectation is that you are going to play the Outer Realms the SAME way you play the Main Game, you will be Very Very Disappointed.  Perhaps that is the core issue here.  Not adapting to the situation.  Don't go in trying to make a full army with tools.  50 - 75 cheap, fast troops is all it takes.  Then, dont freak out when they all get wiped.  If you want to try to prevent that, send them on a hit that will take them 20 hours to do. (Get 1 swordsman travel speed of 24 to slow things down)  Then log back in in 20 hours.  As long as they win, they will be there for your next few hits.  

Never enjoyed by any good player...… that is 100% subjective.  
    It may be subjective but the figures are close to that I'm afraid... I think everyone's entitled to a little exaggeration. 
    Exaggeration is fine.  But, please define the expectation.  
    Likely not a failure.  Participation %?  Likely not a failure there either.  There are over 56,000 people in there.  MAYBE they only entered once. 
    56,000 people....and a very, very small percentage are actually active active. Maybe 30%? Unimpressive to say the least.

30% is likely a good number of actives.  And that 30% is going to put in the effort to deserve to get the higher level of rewards.  The other 70% does almost nothing, and still gets a decent reward for the *COUGH* "Effort" *COUGH* that they put in.   Compare the effort to BloodCrows.  What if you just had to log in every couple of days, hit one castle, and log off..... and that would get you into the top 100 prize pool?  Would that be reasonable?  As for Active Participation in the BC Event, the lowest place person in the top 30% on my Event Server is just over 350k glory.  That gets you to page 5 of the book, and is 3.5% of the amount needed to complete it.  Isn't that just as "unimpressive"?

tl/dr: Define your expectations, make specific comparisons, and appreciate how EASY it really is to get some decent stuff from the OR Event.

Remember, a duck isn't a horse.  So, don't try to saddle and ride it...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Player X (GB1)Player X (GB1) GB1 Posts: 26
    30% is likely a good number of actives.  And that 30% is going to put in the effort to deserve to get the higher level of rewards.  
    30% is the figure I said when I was estimating the number of people who actually log on every few days to send a few hits. Maybe 10% actually log on every day and send lots of hits. I'm sorry, I just don;t see how anyone can see that O/R is fun or people are active in it.

30% is likely a good number of actives.  And that 30% is going to put in the effort to deserve to get the higher level of rewards.  
    30% is the figure I said when I was estimating the number of people who actually log on every few days to send a few hits. Maybe 10% actually log on every day and send lots of hits. I'm sorry, I just don;t see how anyone can see that O/R is fun or people are active in it.
    Never said it was fun.  Nor did I say people needed to be very active in it. In fact, I pointed out numerous times that one does NOT need to be very active in it.

I DID say that it is an easy place to get construction/upgrade tokens...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Nor did I say people needed to be very active in it. In fact, I pointed out numerous times that one does NOT need to be very active in it.
    Where did I say anything about NEEDING to participate in my comment? I think you may have misinterpreted my words. I said I don't see how anyone can see people are active in it. Nothing about NECESSITY. 

Please, let's keep this thread to discussing the need to increase how widespread token availability is and not concerning O/R etc.

Thank you.

Please, let's keep this thread to discussing the need to increase how widespread token availability is and not concerning O/R etc.

Thank you.
    Hard to discuss one without the other.  But, OK. 

These Relic Buildings are designed for those who have reached a certain level, and are looking for the next.  That I was able to build Greenhouses and upgrade the Barracks while still mid level 30's in my Wasso account is actually a bit UNfair to those level 70+ players who were using level 30 Granaries to get less output.  I cannot even build a level 10 farmhouse yet.  My level 9s give out 80 base food.  Still, I have built Greenhouses that give me 196 base food at level 1 and 320 at level 20.  A level 30 Granary gives 178 base food and requires massive amounts of Kingdom and Regular Resources.  When you realize 1 level 20 Greenhouse is equal to 2 level 23 Granaries (and take up the same space) IS that really fair?

One of the core aspects of this game is:  Build something via a Resource that you have to earn (or buy with Rubies).  It seems that you are advocating for the effort to be removed from the game.  IF EVERYONE was to expect to advance at the same rate REGARLESS of effort (or spending), then why would anyone put in the effort (or spend the money)???   

Be happy that you are being given the opportunity to build something that you really don't deserve yet...…...

Good night.
    Sleep well.

I'd like to express my gratitude to GGE for implementing a variety of rewards concerning relic tokens into the nobility contest, as shown below.

This change is both very welcome and also demonstrates that GGE is listening to feedback and suggestions. Thank you again!

• I'm trying to follow this thread about "How to get Construction/Upgrade Tokens", and can't seem to find the answer (sorry)...Can someone please spell it out more easily for me???

I've gotten them when my Alliance reaches a certain level in certain events, but haven't paid better attention than that...So, any helpers out there???

King.GXN
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    Outer Realms and score at least top10k overall.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file