We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Chrome/Chromium 76 & Firefox 69 will disable flash as a permission by default and will no longer ask

PomPoko (AU1)PomPoko (AU1) Posts: 11AU1
What does this mean for Goodgame Empire developers? You need to update the "Welcome to Empire" screen on https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash/ with instructions on how to change the Flash permission setting. It's also worth adding that Chrome will be completely removing their in-box instance of Flash by December 2020. 

Google Chrome 76 release date: July
Mozilla Firefox 69 release date: September 3rd

Sorry for posting twice but this is a discussion that belongs in two places.

Post edited by PomPoko (AU1) on

Comments

• BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 744Moderator
    edited 13.06.2019
    GGS is currently preparing an HTML5 version of the game. When Flash reaches its end of life, the game will be transitioned over to the HTML5 version. You can currently play the HTML5 version by using the toggle in your game settings. I recommend reading up on some of the older announcements relating to GGS and HTML5 to better understand what lies in store.

p.s: I removed the double post as it did not belong in multiple places. 
  • PomPoko (AU1)PomPoko (AU1) Posts: 11AU1
    edited 13.06.2019
    GGS is currently preparing an HTML5 version of the game. When Flash reaches its end of life, the game will be transitioned over to the HTML5 version. You can currently play the HTML5 version by using the toggle in your game settings. I recommend reading up on some of the older announcements relating to GGS and HTML5 to better understand what lies in store.

This does belong in the two places. This is a topic I want to discuss with players and developers

Does this mean you'll be getting rid of the Flash version altogether? I thought the game already transitioned to HTML5. It's what it uses by default now too.  I use the HTML5 version but some people use the Flash version and I think they should know about these changes. I have read up on many announcements. I understand if Goodgame will be getting rid of the Flash version by Dec 2020 but before July? Really?
  • GGS is currently preparing an HTML5 version of the game. When Flash reaches its end of life, the game will be transitioned over to the HTML5 version. You can currently play the HTML5 version by using the toggle in your game settings. I recommend reading up on some of the older announcements relating to GGS and HTML5 to better understand what lies in store.

This does belong in the two places. This is a topic I want to discuss with players and developers

Does this mean you'll be getting rid of the Flash version altogether? I thought the game already transitioned to HTML5. It's what it uses by default now too.  I use the HTML5 version but some people use the Flash version and I think they should know about these changes. I have read up on many announcements. I understand if Goodgame will be getting rid of the Flash version by Dec 2020 but before July? Really?

This does not belong in two places and I will not argue that with you. I kindly ask you respect my position on the matter and leave it to 1 discussion per topic. 

When Flash is no longer supported and the HTML5 stable release is ready, it will replace the current flash version, yes. The game has both options available. You can learn how to toggle between the two here. I am not sure of the exact dates, but I'd recommend reading up on the flash updates as they will answer most of these questions. :)
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 246NL1
    cant flag a moderators post, neroxnex you are abusing your moderators position for the second time in a week.
    You have also been posting ridiculous information on the food bug.
    You should really review your position as moderator as it seems that you do not really know what your position is.
    the third time by the way
    if you cannot take critics you do not belong here as a moderator neroxnex

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,598GB1
    cant flag a moderators post, neroxnex you are abusing your moderators position for the second time in a week.
    You have also been posting ridiculous information on the food bug.
    You should really review your position as moderator as it seems that you do not really know what your position is.
    the third time by the way
    if you cannot take critics you do not belong here as a moderator neroxnex

On the topic of ridiculous are these two posts that i've quoted above. 

It's not a topic of discussion of whether double posts should be allowed or not, only 1 post is needed, rest is spam. 
    Providing basic support and information are the basic duties of a moderator, isn't that what he's been doing the whole time or did i miss something?

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,242INT3
    Zenzer (GB1) said: 
    Providing basic support and information are the basic duties of a moderator, isn't that what he's been doing the whole time or did i miss something?
    I sense a history between them that goes far beyond the Moderator / Troll relationship.

Clear example of why being a BM isn't as glamourous as people think...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Zenzer (GB1) said: 
    I sense a history between them that goes far beyond the Moderator / Troll relationship.

they need a bm who understands people.

someone who hates the cancer of gge as much as anyone.

not yes men :(
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,242INT3
    not yes men :(
    Sorry, I think that is in the Job Description...………….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• does this mean that flash will cease to exist in july ?

@Crom Cruach  ? clarification please as the html version is unplayable for me ! in it's current state - i have an older p/c and can not afford to up grade as food is a necessity and not enough £ left after that and bills!

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    Zenzer (GB1) said: 

"When Flash is no longer supported and the HTML5 stable release is ready
    , it will replace the current flash version. The game has both options available. You can learn how to toggle between the two here. I am not sure of the exact dates, but I'd recommend reading up on the flash updates as they will answer most of these questions"
    This is the basic information we DO NOT need, we know a html5 version of the game is worked on and due to the bad progress in the conversion from flash to html5 the flash version is kept open as more than half the user base would be knocked off not being able to play a crooked version of html5. The current implemented switch is very nice but not very useful as you are required to login after you have switched, but that aside.
    When flash is no longer supported will depend mainly on the browsers, when the browsers remove flash support, Empire flash version cannot be played any longer weather good games  is html5 ready or not.

Sign In to comment.