Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

June Update Discussion Thread

157»

Comments

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    now game has been down almost hour, why you dont just put everyones food storage full when you make these updates, its not very big deal. 
    there is problem with many players, who came to play so they could full their food storage but now game is down and those players cant come to game in many hours, so now their troops dont have food. so why you dont just give everyones food storage full with these updates.
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) GB1 Posts: 303
    Let's see - This is the June update thread; there wasn't a July one, and now we are in August there isnt an August one.  Oh yes that's probably because we don't have the schedules anymore.

So here it will have to be!

Giving us no advance notice of events really is proving to be a pain the the jacksie.  It's impossible to plan your game time - I don't think you have any idea how brilliant it was when you started publishing the schedules rather than us being in the dark all the time.  It was an update that received universal approval.  Angus did an awesome job of bringing the forum threads together to make them more accessible especially with the schedules; how disappointing that he wasted all that time as we are definitely seeing the forum becoming more chaotic again

Anyway, the latest update does have an awesome aspect to it - the hover and click thing with the menu items is brilliant.  I've not yet built the relicary and armoury yet but they should be good - if only they didn't take months to build! It is going to be a real blessing being able to transport more tools as well - thanks for that!

The Samurai event hasn't been refined yet though - these Dymo camps are a total nonsense - the points don't count towards the Samurai rankings so they are effectively two totally separate events; the cost of anything in the Dymo shop is extortion on a scale that would be grounds for imprisonment in any other industry; and the cost in troops and tools is nothing short ridiculous.  The value you place on your goods and services is unrealistic if you hope to keep the game alive and growing.

And finally, please, I am imploring you, stop putting out messages trying to be clever talking in "olde worlde" speak.  It's not smart and it's not clever. It's hard enough at the best of times trying to unravel the meaning in a lot of the guides and explanations without you talking in tongues to compound our misery

Look, I like this game - if I didn't I wouldn't still be logging on every day for the last six years.  The same goes for hundreds of thousands of others. So I am sure my comments reflect the feelings and thoughts of many of your loyal members.  I am not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative - I honestly really and truly want this game to continue and to be more accessible and playable but It's becoming so complicated the fun is being sucked out of it. If it wasn't for the great people I have got to know within the game I would find it very easy to walk away and do something more productive with my time.

So please listen to us - we are the ones who use the game and who are impacted by the changes and developments. We are the reason the game can continue to exist, so please don't ignore our suggestions
    Osiris @ en 1
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    the long times to build the new buildings is a way to have us stay to at least see the buildings finish
    or force you to buy every time skip you can lay hands on.

And I cannot agree more with all of the above.
    The only reason I am still on the game is for many great people I learned to know and sad enough have lost because they had more guts to say goodbye.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Can you please have a look at the strength of the attacks when defending a Level 4 township, please just get one of your employees to play the game and to try and defend some attacks, seriously try it.

Level 116 Townships are very very difficult to beat even with a top end cast.  But it is possible using Event troops. 

When the township levels up to level 117 then things go from silly to insane, and defending against these incomings becomes totally impossible without using ruby only troops. Ruby only troops that are not only very very expensive but also very difficult to come by as they are very very rarely on sale.  So even if you were a ruby whale with unlimited funds you would still very quickly run out of these troops and not be able to play the event even if you had the desire and the ruby to do so!

I dont mind difficult and i dont mind a challenge, I wouldnt even mind if long term I could improve my equipment and work towards beating these camps.  But the reality is unless I am doing something very wrong, and I am sure there will be plenty of players on here will be happy to correct me if i am but As the level 4 camp levels up it goes very quickly from level 116 v ery difficult to beat without ruby troops, Level 117 Impossible to beat without ruby troops, level 118 onwards impossible to beat full stop.

Seriously whats the point in that you get an event that no one and i mean no one not even the top 1% player can beat?  

The camps you attack are very difficult to beat, however they are not impossible and it is possible to beat right up to level 119 with Event troops.  So the balance here is just about right very difficult but possible with high end equipment, if the reward justifies the effort / losses is a very different conversation!!!!   But at least its playable.

But the worst thing about this event is that is there is no link between hitting the sams camps and the new townships / towers.  Thats a mess and a big mistake, at least with nomads when you hit the kahn ,and defend the kahn you get the same points towards the same event as you do if you just hit the normal .  in the sam version there is literally no link at all, it literally may as well be 2 separate events.

So whilst there are some positives about this event, in principle its a reasonable idea, but it really does need some tweakign to give it any sort of long term appeal.

If you linked the event in the same way you did the kahn event ie you gave 7 times the sam medals in normal sam tokens so at least no matter which part of the event you were playing you could still contribute to the overall allaince event.  

And the level 4 townships are pretty much impossible to defend, and at some point become impossible to defend without ruby troops and eventually just become impossible.  If you dont believe that try it test it see for yourself.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    They "do play the game, but just aren't very competitive" is what @Crom Cruach said.  If that's the case then they probably did attack and lost just as they expected they would, so therefore no problem.  In a way it's par for the course:  The bloodiest battles(PvP and now Daimyo) give the least rewards relative to cost...Might consider it a way to get the eventers extraordinare used to losing more than a handful of troops each attack.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Just as an update I dont believe the level 120 castles are beatable without using ruby troops.   I dont really understand why you would make an event that can only be played using ruby troops.  By all means make sure ruby troop losss are lower you.

Ruby has always and shoudl always give a benefit, but you should not make it impossible to even play the event without ruby.  all levels of castles should be both defendable and beatable with coin / event troops even if losses are nasty.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    come on @Philt123 (GB1)  you DO know why "you would make an event that can only be played using ruby troops."  It's to force Player to buy Ruby troops!

I believe that this Sami Upgrade is in line with their current thinking, wrong though it may be.  They have heard from their biggest $$$ source that things are getting stale.  The game has lost the challenge that brought them here in the first place.  They are the 70/800 Ruby Whales.  They had completed everything.  They had all the biggest and bestest Comms/Casts.  They didn't feel challenged anymore.

First attempt in this direction was the Construction Yard.  They tried it, and it was good!  People liked it, and would PAY for the Ruby only versions.

Along comes the Relic system.  ALL of the Relic system is geared toward those people.  NEW things to go after.  Things that are hard (expensive) to get.  Look at the upgrades to the Relic Buildings.  The time they take to build.  Who has that time?  No one.  Unless you buy the 24 hour skips.  

The Outer Realm Event.  Clearly  can only be won (NOT played - WON) by spending.  There you can get those high level Wall Tools and tokens.

The Sami upgrade is the next in line.  You want to be the biggest STICK on the block?  Prove you can defend these Townships and defeat those Landmarks!  Laugh at the little coin / resource players whining on the Forum!  Use the Relic Comms/Casts and Rubby troops/tools to show them who is BOSS!  

It has long been said that the Ruby Players and the Resource Players are actually playing two different games.

This is only making it official...……….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.