We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: April Update Notes 2019

Comments

• the woodcutter building no level 70 is ganna be interested in more wood production if they hit towers for more wood

outer realm is na ok

appearance items is  ok but most dont buy them

i say this is not really a good April update
    Ezzy
  • sax (NL1)sax (NL1) Posts: 11NL1
    I cant get spy results from the shapeshifters. (errorCode: 130: NO_SPY_DATA)
  • what's new ? new skins? pff.

• please move lost and found tab to achievement tab or something doesn't even make sense as to why its in message tab the most used one
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    sax (NL1) said:
    have you been deleting the spy reports? .. I used to be able to do that but now it means you get that error
    Shares @ au 1
  • TempranceTemprance Posts: 803Moderator
    Fellow players,

I just want to say that most, if not all, of the feedback here has been recorded and forwarded to the development team for analysis. GGE takes into consideration feedback across all forum platforms and works to optimize the game for as many people as possible. I play the game legitimately just as all of you do and also find portions of updates as reasonable, useful, and unfortunately, in some cases, unnecessary or negative. There must be at least some appreciation for the effort put in by the Devs to keep the game intriguing by consistently adding new content. I understand some of the new features may seem out of place, but with your constructive criticism we can continue to make this game more appealing across all styles of gameplay.

Temprance

Temprance @ usa 1
  • the swap would be better if the attacker hit lower player they drop. all it is is a beat um up event where low players lose out and again rewards with fusion items are a waste

there is no challange to outer realms not interesting and will go just to get the 100 rubies other then that dont have time for event where you get nothing

i agree with what someone else said make cunstruction tokens available in some other place 
  • in mission book between the events missions. filling the war chest 1/9 many members of our bg don't have that mission and this is all from 10 am. and now the sever is running too well
  • sax (NL1)sax (NL1) Posts: 11NL1
    sax (NL1) said:
    have you been deleting the spy reports? .. I used to be able to do that but now it means you get that error
    Ok, I see what is happening; If I do send a spy and check the report in the mailbox first, I can see the spy result. But, if I check the spy report by clicking the spy at the worldmap, I get the errorCode. In the mailbox the report has disappeard aswell. It says that the report is not up-to-date anymore.
    So it seems to be important to check the spy report in the mailbox only, or it will be gone...
  • Samifer (US1)Samifer (US1) Posts: 20US1
    GGE reminds me of those companies that are brilliant innovators at the beginning but cannot sustain any momentum.  Am I the only player who feels that 99.9% of their coding talent is used to constantly be working on something that will just blow us away, but they're reaching for the stars every time?

Overpromising and underdelivering, for a couple solid years now.

Shift the bulk of that coding talent toward STABILIZING THE GAME.  It ought to embarrass management to have an Outer Realms feature that has a portal that kicks the player completely off the server about half the time it's clicked.  During the 1st & 2nd round?  Fine, it's called working out the kinks. But months and months later, no progress?  Seriously guys, the sand in the hourglass is rapidly pouring out for you to have an enterprise at all if you keep pretending the gaming world has no competition for you and we're all never going to finally give up and be gone.  I'm not there yet...YET.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,119GB1

I think the problem is that the designers try to hard to control the outcome and consequently they are too visible in the game and their interventions at critical points have altered the results of some contest to the benefit of some alliances and players and the detriment of others. The first outer realms they introduced the thorn dancer ruby bought P.O. item, the guy who bought most won. And the changes meant we went from a US led alliance winning it to De1 alliances suddenly performing significantly better. Amazed US guys were okay with it as there wasn’t even a gif from them in protest and they are still accepting of a system that disadvantages them compared to European alliances. Fury’s Blade same thing designers intervention changed the result. This is selfish development designed to help gge hit financial spend / income targets changes are made to make more money not to improve the playing experience. It’s like lining up a penalty only for the match officials to move the goal as you strike the ball. It makes it almost impossible to plan an approach to the event or game. And you can’t now judge whether what you spend in time or money will have a desired effect on your performance. So players view spending as more risky and players don’t or won’t spend having seen investment devalued or of no real value in performance terms. Designers would be better served to make all elements of an event transparent on day 1 and to not make in event changes which appear to favour some layers, alliances or servers. Clearly not a lot of trust in a system which has allowed players and alliances to openly cheat for years financed by our hard earned cash! Please answer the VPN question and clarify what Designers are doing to address it other than hiding in the fantasy armoury and hoping we don’t notice the impact in results.

Batten @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,573GB1
    I have had an answer from support to that exact question Batten.  

Basically they intend to do zero about it, they already believe their fraud department is on top of the issues.

My reply to that was if your fraud teams are so on top of it why are they so reliant on customers reporting it.  You should know of a problem WAY before a customer suspects an issue, if were genuinly on top of it.  Also if they are so on top of it then why does it take so long for anythign to happen, I gave examples of accounts having cheap curreny for well over a year with nothing being done to them.

By which time innumerable damage has already been caused by them

If it takes more than 2 weeks to shut an account like this down, then you are not on top of it.  If it takes on average a month, you are firefighting.  If it takes over 3 months you have already lost the fight, and are simply going through the motions for appearance sake.

I know where on that scale I beleve GGE are.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • GOD DAMN you GGE sort the outer realms out it is costing a fortune to defend against blind attack ,

all day long losing armies i paid for , FULFIL you part of the contract we have with you . i should not have to waste money 
    while you act like Joe Karno Circus get your act together and reimbursed who ever has wasted money there .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) Posts: 386US1
    When is the stupidity of Royal Depot/Inbox going to be fixed?

Can't even see that new message has come in when replying/reading one.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,573GB1
    Hopefully after

a) firing the guy that came up with the idea of putting it there
    b) after firing every member of his team for not shooting him down the min he suggested it
    c) firing the guy that signed off on the idea and said yes do it.
    d) firing every member of the testing team that said yes its good.

(ok i made up d as we all know testing in GGE doesnt exist or it really would have never made the game)

Philt123 @ en 1
  • What's up with having to monitor your Granaries to make sure they are producing and then spending hundreds of K coin to reset the tokens?

Fix it and reimburse me. 
    Lloyd1226 @ usa 1
  • gopher42 (US1)gopher42 (US1) Posts: 27US1
    Just to keep this on the radar.  The message button is still hidden behind the royal depot.  We need this put back the way it was as its own button.
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1
    edited 03.06.2019
    It's been almost a month and the messaging button has still not been moved.

Last time it was said that the developers are "discussing" it.

I don't understand why it takes more than 1 month to discuss and resolve this issue. 
    The button placement was the main big critique of the update that introduced the lost and found feature. I thought this would get fixed in a hotfix or the June update at most. But it seems like my expectations were wrong. 

@Crom Cruach Or any moderator here, can you please provide with an update or push this question to the developers once again of what is going on?

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 382Community Manager
    It will move with this weeks update @Zenzer (GB1) .
Sign In to comment.