Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Survival Bonus

kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
edited 22.03.2019 in Players ask Players
Does anyone know the threshhold limits for the survival bonus to kick in or is this just a GGE mystery?

This survival bonus is only triggered in cases where your losses exceed a certain threshold, in this case your losses did not cross this threshold and as such no bonus was applied to the battle. This can be pretty confusing for players as details on the threshold are not displayed anywhere in game but I am happy to confirm that everything is working as intended in this case.

If any CM or player can help it would be appreciated. 

Just for background,  I was attacked by another legend level 800 player.  She sent a 6 wave attack of 2500 troops.  I defended and won losing 330 troops.  With alliance support there were over 100K defenders there.  But when I looked at the battle report I noticed zero of the "dead" were returned to defend again.  Since I have a high level hospital and 3 build items for troop survival, 50% should have been returned.  As such I submitted a support ticket.  The above is GGE answer.
kookiekooks @ usa 1

Comments

• _R11G_ (US1)_R11G_ (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    I believe you have to lose for it to kick in.
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    The hospital level won't make a difference.

I'm about 95% sure the following is the way it works, but I've not done much testing to prove it:

Basically, you have a 10% natural threshold of your own defensive troops (there is no protection to troops sent in support, so if you lose and get wiped out, all the support is dead, albeit moved to the supporting player's castle's hospital). If you lose and end up with less than 10% of your troops surviving, it will magically resurrect up to that 10% mark. You can increase this up to 25% with build items on 3 dwellings at 5% each.

So, let's use examples. Imagine of the 100k, 10k were yours. With a natural 10%, you will need to lose over a total of 90k total troops (so 9k of yours dead) before any returning/resurrection takes effect. If if you lost, for example, 95k in the fight, losing 9.5k of your own, you'd get 500 of those back as living troops. Of the remaining 9k losses, it'll fill up any spare space in your hospital.

So, to use another example, with the max of 25% with the dwelling items: Let's say you entirely self defend your castle with 6k defs against an attack. If you lose, 1500 troops will magically rise from the dead. If you win, and have 1000 troops left at the end, 500 will rise from the dead. If you win, and have 1600 troops left at the end, none will rise from the dead, and what survived is all you have (with losses going into the hospital).

Does that make sense?
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 25.03.2019
    First I appreciate your response.  And anything I say further is not aimed at you or other BM but rather GGS management.

Sorry makes no sense.  Also Hospital level does or should make a difference.  A level 4 hospital = 5% survival bonus  https://i.imgur.com/BloHlbO.png  .  It maxes at 25% with a level 8 hospital https://i.imgur.com/ha617Rq.pn.  In addition while there over 100K defenders.  It should be noted that over 23K were my defenders and all men lost on the wall were mine.  the Cy defenders loses would be distributed by percentage between me and all players that send support.

Plus since Hospital are ruby buildings which GGS deems currency by not making this clear when hospitals are purchase is knowingly misrepresenting their product.  That is fraud in the US and most countries.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
    edited 26.03.2019
    Ack, you're quite right, I'm certain that didn't used to be in play on hospitals, but it has been there for a while. I'm checking for confirmation, but I think that the hospital bonus is additive. So if you have both the dwelling items and the hospital, you get a maximum of 50% survival rate (10% base + 15% from build items +25% from the hospital).

Either way, I'm still convinced that the way I laid out the general mechanics is correct, and I'm double checking that too:

Even if you had all of these things (and most people don't have dwellings in peacetime let alone with the build items on, but maybe you do), you'd still need to drop from 23k to below 11.5k of your own troops to have any of them survive. The survival chance is not a "chance any lost troops survive", it's a "minimum troops you can have left after post battle".

With a 100k support that means you'd need to lose close 50k in the battle for the survival rate to have any effect (say 700 on the wall and 10.8k out of the remaining 22.2k of the 99.2k left in the CY). You don't keep % alive out of all your defenders that died - you have a minimum of % surviving regardless of the result - so an easy win you get no benefit, and a complete wipeout you get maximum benefit.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 26.03.2019
    Yes this was another sneaky change to the hospital that GGE did on the sly after convincing players to buy them.  And it made the changes a long time ago now.

Oh yes you get 40% of your troops back but only on the 3rd sunday of the month and then only if that month has 5 letters or less in it, and then only if its raining outside and there is a magpie in your garden, only one mind if you got 2 then you get nothing,

Horrible horrible way of conducting business, advertise one thing and completly "forget" to publish the small print that actually tells you the benefits you can realistically expect are nothign like the advertised benefits.

Its like buying a car thats advertised as having a 0-60 time of 5 seconds.  you drive it from the showroom only to find it doesnt even get to 60 miles per hour never mind in 5 seconds,  you take it back to the showroom to complain and the salesman looking at you in all seriousness and saying sir i can assure you the car DOES do 0-60 in 5 seconds there is a cliff around the corner than you can test it on, simply drive the car over the edge and it will accelerate to 60 in under 5 seconds.

Thats GGE's logic, alternativly it will sell you the car let you drive it for 2 weeks then say sorry we think your car is too fast and its unbalancing our sales stratergy, everyone has now bought that car and we cant sell any other cars as everyone loves this one, therefore we are not going to take it away from you as that would be very wrong!!!!  but we are going to make the car only go half as fast.   Refund sir???  you are kidding sir, you should have read the TOS, Of course we totally ignore the parts of the TOS that are troubleseome to us the bits that dont allow cheating etc.   We are far far to busy thinking of  clever misleading marketing scams to worry about game balance / fairness and other trivial things.

Post edited by Philt123 (GB1) on
    Philt123 @ en 1
    Fujiwara, thank you for your response.

This means there is no reason to keep residences and no reason for a hospital.  Healing soldiers in the hospital is a waste too expensive and time consuming, but the survival bonus made it a consideration, but without the survival bonus it serves no purpose. 
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
    If you're in an alliance that stacks 100k troops, all the hospital serves IMO is a very slow extra recruitment slot for 5 troops an hour or so. I've pushed hard for healing speed to be the same as King's feasted recruitment speed so you can at least properly get them back, but to no avail.

Likewise, the dwelling items and bonus can be pretty handy in a server war - outside of that, pretty useless really.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Yep but no where does it say that anywhere, the hospital never used to  function like that, and is not sold like that.  Thats whats annoying.

People spend ruby on a hospital expecting that it will heal 25% of their troops if they are killed, not only heal 25% of they troops IF a certain highly convolouted known only to the select few criteria is met.  

Things should work as they are advertised to work, the wording is perfectly clear it says 25% immediatly healed after a defensive battle so thats what it should deliver.

No where does it say anything about any restriction on the type of battle, the result of the battle or the numbers fighting in the battle.  It promises something its clearly not delivering, and no matter what the reason for that its pure and simple wrong, and its false advertising.  If GGE changes the primary function of something that costs rubies it should offer a refund in rubies to all players that have purchased it.
    Philt123 @ en 1
    edited 27.03.2019
    That is my entire premise they are selling a building under false pretenses.  A building that can not even be demolished you are stuck with it.  This is a criminal offense in many countries.  The small number of defensive troops is not the issue it is the lie and deceit. And yes there were 100K defenders there but that was a single attack,  I would not have permitted that type of support from my alliance members if we were being massed. 

Plus if it was true that I need to lose 50% of my defenders before the bonus kicks in, it will never kick in.  As stated over 20k of the troops there were mine.  With good defense, a good castellan, and good tools, many knowledgeable players say you can expect loses in the order of 7K against a 6 wave attack from a legend level 800.  Seeing that does make a 50%loss no troops are revived. 
    kookiekooks @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file