We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

HTML5 Blurry Visuals - Information Collecting Thread

Comments

• gopher42 (US1)gopher42 (US1) Posts: 28US1
    Windows 10 version 1809
    Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i5-8350U 1.70 GHz, 1896 MHz, 4 core, 8 logical processors
    display adaptor: Intel UHD Graphics 620
    memory: 8GB
    hard drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
    screen resolution: 1920 X 1080
    Refresh rate: 60 Hz
    Bit depth: 8-bit
    Color format: RGB
    Color space: SDR
    monitor size: 24"

animation off

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Not so much the images are blurry but certain elements of the text.  The text in chat for example not all elements of the text are blurry though so I'd have thought looking at font compatibility might be a good starting point.  Sometimes if you take one older font into a newer system it doesn't always translate as well. I'd also be looking at whether there are effects on the font as shadowing for example could cause some blurring.  The actual images castles, towers troops travelling are fine for me it's really just elements of the text.  I'd maybe suggest it might be better to isolate the elements of the game that are blurred before looking at a fix as you could fix one bit and then throw something else out.  I don't really understand how that works in programming terms so my point might be irrelevant though.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Thorten (US1)Thorten (US1) Posts: 97US1
    Storm   -- does acknowledge coordinates on captured islands.   It just identifies them as generic.... so as a result it won't bounce 2nd and 3rd capture attacks 
    Thorten @ usa 1
    the higher the activity level on your browser - the greater the lag.  impossible oftentimes to set / change D when multiple incomings.  you click on your castle or your tool slot or whatever ... and click and click and click ... and NOTHING comes up ! 
    Of course 'pop up interruptus' simultaneously makes for a TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE game

you can not expect folks to play ... let alone enjoy .. the game under these conditions for long 
    Thorten @ usa 1
    Storm .... should read does NOT acknowledge.......
    Thorten @ usa 1
  • The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) Posts: 523GB1
    edited 03.04.2019
    I'm sorry but this thread is just stark raving bonkers im sure the mods can see the blurryness enough to make their own reports on it and im sure gge dev's aren't that blind.

Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • Why aren't the pop-up blurry?
  • Ahojte. 
    Toto je momentalne najcitanejsia téma, tak to napisem sem. Lebo aj tak neviem kam by som toely napisat.
    Mam prejdenú mesacnu udalosť, ktorá sa stane, keď sa pozerá do skladu, aby som prišiel na nato, že GGs znova zabudol v inom kole dát jeden kus z fenixoveho velitela do odmien !!!! Tento kúsok http://prntscr.com/mwn1lj
    Neviem či to robí GG naschvál, ale nie no nasrdilo kedže to nieje prvikrat. Uz by si nato. Som zvedavý a ľahký doplnok hracom to vybavenie.

• Ahojte. 
    Toto je momentalne najcitanejsia téma, tak to napisem sem. Lebo aj tak neviem kam by som toely napisat.
    Mam prejdenú mesacnu udalosť, ktorá sa stane, keď sa pozerá do skladu, aby som prišiel na nato, že GGs znova zabudol v inom kole dát jeden kus z fenixoveho velitela do odmien !!!! Tento kúsok http://prntscr.com/mwn1lj
    Neviem či to robí GG naschvál, ale nie no nasrdilo kedže to nieje prvikrat. Uz by si nato. Som zvedavý a ľahký doplnok hracom to vybavenie.

Read using google translate - mine is ok - think you need to tag a BM @BM Fujiwara  for example !
    or message support !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • http://prntscr.com/mwxurk

have to click on that white box to open up commander window second time it happened in like 2 minutes is annoying pls fix.
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • MightyHawklord (GB1)MightyHawklord (GB1) Posts: 508GB1
    edited 03.04.2019
    I'm sorry but this thread is just the best thing im sure the mods can see the blurryness enough to make their own reports on it and im sure gge dev's aren't that blind.

not everyone has blurry graphics, so posting specs of machines affected could lead to a speedier resolution,

i can toggle the blurry visuals, maybe others could try 
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 609US1
    i7 w/16gb ram in a dtr(17" screen laptop), so I'm pretty sure that 16gb is shared.

In html, it's not so much that it's blurry.  Just a few items of text typically are.  Main problem is overall eyestrain/ getting bleary eyed/headache in html version.  Kind of like when the VGA monitors first came out and you had to mess with the scan rates and methods on some of them to get them useable for any length of time without getting the eye strain.
  • everything from my acc gone my coins my rubies my commanders and my castellans
    dont know where but everything gone.
    please do something
    war is going on in my server i need my rudies coins commanders and castellans back gge.
  • Tools No Longer have any sort of order

No visual when loading tools for an attack
  • I've followed your instructions to the letter again today.

My pc has W7 profesional and my laptop also , my has 15 years , my laptop only 5.

I've tried with Chrome and Firefox , no difference between those 2 .

The image quality and graphics are better then last week but the game itself is still very slow , it takes 3 times more time to fill in an attack than with the flash link.

You say it's due to outdated or incompatible software , 

That makes no sense at all , because the game runs better on my 15 year old pc than it does on my 5 year old laptop.

Also in my alliance alone there are at least 6 players with pc or laptops less than 2 years old with W10 installed on it and they have similar issues as i have.

Ultimately i've went to a PC store and asked if i could play the game on a brand new pc with W10 , guess what ??

Same issue and we tried  6 different browsers.

I would be tempted to buy a new pc with W10 , but if you can't guarantee i would be able to play your game on it , why would i throw my money away ?? 

Curious to find out your feedback 

Regards,

Guillermo
    guillermo @ nl 1
  • Drakoe237 (US1)Drakoe237 (US1) Posts: 3US1
    edited 13.03.2019
    - MacBook Pro
    - 3 GHz Intel Core i7
    - 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    - Intel Iris 1536 MB

The game is unplayable since the switch. I'm in the midst of the server war and can't contribute at all due to how badly it performs now. The blur is all encompassing, the comp's fan kicks up to 11 the second the game is loaded. It's a mess. I log-in nowadays for about two minutes to read the mail, and see how badly I've been hit. Yay.

• Fluffy (INT1)Fluffy (INT1) Posts: 17INT1
    Desktop Windows 10 Home verion 1803
    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz
    8GB memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    pixel density: 96 ppi

CPU is up to 80% when running the game. 
  • me291175 (GB1)me291175 (GB1) Posts: 26GB1
    i can not upgrade building in fire sand and ice, i can not click on them, i can not us time skips on them  
    me291175 @ en 1
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 610NL1
    Desktop Windows 10 Home verion 1803
    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GHz
    8GB memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    pixel density: 96 ppi

CPU is up to 80% when running the game. 
    You better go buy an IBM mainframe to get enough cpu and memory, graphics will stay a problem though
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 610NL1
    Apply the following css rule to your canvas element

Chrome: image-rendering: pixelated;

Firefox: image-rendering: optimizespeed;

canvas { image-rendering: pixelated; image-rendering: optimizespeed; } yes it can be stacked

other browser may need different css rule

Sign In to comment.