We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

HTML5 Blurry Visuals - Information Collecting Thread

Brave warriors, 

We had our HTML5 switch this week on Monday, the 4th of March and we've already collected a lot of feedback from you, which will further help with solving issues which were reported by you. 

There's one issue though which we would like to take a closer look at: 
We've received reports about blurry visuals in the game and we want to analyze this topic as much as possible, in order to find a solution. That's why we're opening this dedicated thread which will only deal with feedback about the blurry visuals topic!!! 

If you're currently encountering any blurry visuals in the game, then we would need you to provide us with the following information:

- Your PC specifics like for example:
  •   information about the operating system that you're playing with (Windows, macOS/iOS) 
  •   information about the  hardware/device that you're using (desktop, laptop, etc.) 
  •   information about your CPU, GPU 
  •   etc. 
There are many ways to look up your PC specifics (specs), but the following website gives you a good understanding of how you can find it when using Windows and/or Apple's macOS: https://www.wikihow.com/Check-Computer-Specifications

- Your Screen/Display resolution, like for example: 
  • are you playing in HD or non-HD
  • are you playing in 4K UHD
  • what is your screen resolution (e.g. 1980 x 1020, 1680 x 1050, 1280 x 1024, etc.)
You can open your screen/display resolution under your display settings (e.g. for Windows 10 you just need to right click on your desktop background and then open "Display settings").

- Your Screen's/Display's pixel density 
  • depends on the type of screen/display you use, like... 
  • ... how big is your screen/display
  • ... what type of screen/display is it 
As mentioned your pixel density is mostly dependant on the type of display/screen that you're using. We're going to provide you with an overview of various screen types and their pixel densities in the following visuals (please click on the spoiler below, to open it): 

You can also find this overview on the original source/website https://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basics/pixel_density_4k/index.html if you scroll down to "High Resolution/High Pixel Density Displays". 

Again, please only provide the requested information in the specifically created discussion-thread, which will be entirely dedicated to the "blurry visuals"-topic and can be found here

For all additional HTML5 related feedback that you want to provide, please take a look at our general HTML5 switch feedback discussion here.

Best regards,
Your Empire Family
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,541GB1
    edited 07.03.2019
    For me on identical computers its really blurry on chrome but ok on opera, so could there be different settings in different browers ?

http://prntscr.com/mumro2

Opera on the left chrome on the right
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 257NL1
    This is just my opinion but it may concern many others.
    It is obvious that with the current requirements your html5 version is demanding and the fact many cannot even login/play in the html5 version you will have to step down a lot.
    Of course it could be interesting to know what super systems can play in html5 but HD4 is not given to many.
    In other words, this investigation is imho not helping the majority of player and there is a lot more to investigate for the good games coder how optimization of html5 could improve the game.
    The footprint is way to high which means you are demanding way to much virtual memory, only very good video cards can handle.

• I experience blurry visuals all over the place. The overall image quality of html5 seems to be lower than flash, especially when highlighting things that expand, like questbook etc.

I have 1920x1080p monitors, I run Windows 10 OS, my CPU is an Intel i7-7700 and my GPU is an EVGA RTX 2070. It's a desktop, with an external monitor. Two, actually, but I doubt that makes any difference here. Both same size and resolution.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Aloq (SKN1)Aloq (SKN1) Posts: 24SKN1
    Windows 10, 2560*[email protected] CPU i7-7600. GPU GeForce GTX960.
    The game in HTML5 looks like something released for Commodore 64. Really really blurry in Firefox or Chrome (both latest version).
    In Opera it looks better, same as with flash-version as far as i can tell.
    Aloq @ skn 1
  • i can toggle the blurry visuals

if i set firefox or opera to 100% zoom then its crystal clear,
    if i use the normal 90% i use then its blurry, but only slightly

linux 64bit desktop, fully up-to-date,
    kde plasma 5.12

geforce GT 710 vid card hdmi to 42inch lg plasma
    (using the open source nvidia nouveau driver)
    2gb onboard ram

screen at 16:9 (1920x1080)  - game at 4:3 (1024x768)

intel e4500 dual core cpu
    lots of ram and swap

hardware acceleration enabled
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 306GB1
    well.... I'm still getting blurry like in the Beta and just bad with any magnification....

I've even swapped back to a lovely old analogue IBM T750 as I was worried that the modern digital display I was using might be the culprit..... but just as bad still and anyway...I'm hardly cutting edge but the game was perfectly good in the past with "old technology that is past its sell by date..." so not convinced its my hardware/software combo.....

Windows 10 Home v1803 build 17134.590
    desktop i3-4160 @ 3.6ghz
    graphics are an old Nvidia GT705 OEM driving 1280 x 1024 through glorious VGA -
    The monitor is nominally a 17" @ 76hz and i've used it for years without funding anything this horrible to read...
    oh... not sure if this changed since the beta : chrome Version 72.0.3626.121 but just as bad in Edge....

Remember - part of the bluriness is the decision to go for some very low contrast changes to graphics for some numbers and lettering so that's NOTHING to do with our end of the deal

• The new game runs so slow its not worth playing anymore.   Ive cleaned my cach updated firefox and it just runs slooooow Help me or ill just stop playing and buying
  • 15 level from 6 waves.. and so tired of this game.

- Rubins commercials
    - system is slow
    - changing Browser
    - all the time changing the game
    - and people from Finland who try to destruct.
    - next fire and I am done.
  • Instead of opening a discussion about issues, maybe gge should hire a QA department to do this type of testing before launching to production.
  • There's one issue though which we would like to take a closer look at: 
    We've received reports about blurry visuals in the game and we want to analyze this topic as much as possible, in order to find a solution. That's why we're opening this dedicated thread which will only deal with feedback about the blurry visuals topic!!! 

maybe if people actually read the thread starter and followed the instructions we may get it fixed faster,

its not a discussion, its information gathering and that information is from us players who have a wide assortment of devices we play on,

it'd be virtually impossible for anyone to test each system and configuration, so our feed-back is invaluable in the quest for a stable, bug free game,

the other option is carry on posting useless moans and we possibly lose the game

MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • ossi78 (SKN1)ossi78 (SKN1) Posts: 33SKN1
    I don't have as many problems as others in her
    my com whit an i9 i running  empier ok
    and om my i7 not so muts,

But as one said, it's goodgame job to fix the bugs,,,right now  it looks like you must have a  good com, with lots ram on bothe grafick and video,

so if we se an add for an computer company are you telling us whout we need

so we shouto count on you having made an agreement with a computer company

• The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) Posts: 487GB1
    edited 03.04.2019
    8750h
    gtx 1060 6gb -- external 1080 no difference
    16gb 3000mhz ram
    17inch laptop - 1440p w/tobii eye. 120hz tn panel.
    Everything looks blurry looks like its being upscaled to 1440p what a cheap ass way of doing it.
    Some stuff looks better than others like the information box at bottom left and the chat looks ok.
    -----
    16gb 3000mhz
    gtx 1070ti
    1080p 144hz.

looks crispy behaves crispy -- still slower than flash tho
    Only errors are all the mass amounts of errors that are non blurriness related.

All this is on 2k+ machines, i doubt most people who play a game such as empire are gonna have gaming pc's n big cuddly teddy bears.

GGS get ur rabbits and hares together.
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) Posts: 487GB1
    edited 03.04.2019
    8750h
    gtx 1060 6gb -- external 1080 no difference
    16gb 3000mhz ram
    17inch laptop - 1440p w/tobii eye. 120hz tn panel.
    Everything looks blurry looks like its being upscaled to 1440p what a cheap ass way of doing it.
    Some stuff looks better than others like the information box at bottom left and the chat looks ok.
    -----
    16gb 3000mhz
    gtx 1070ti
    1080p 144hz.

looks crispy behaves crispy -- still slower than flash tho
    Only errors are all the mass amounts of errors that are non blurriness related.

All this is on 2k+ machines, i doubt most people who play a game such as empire are gonna have gaming pc's n shit.

GGS get ur shit together.
    IGNORE THIS WHOLE THING.

TURNS OUT I WAS ON FLASH. LOLLLLLLLL

So i just looked at the HTML.

Its all messed up big honking goose time like not one thing is not blurry its just a eye cancer.

Literally everything. Looks like its at some sketchy resolution like 987.67p and its being upscalled by some next gen cheap ass temporal up scaling off-brand algorithm stuff that is beyond mere mortals.
    Post edited by Crom Cruach on
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • The top part showing the titles and name etc is blurry.
    And the loading speed is slow making even the attack tab half loaded.
    So pls do something about it.
  • Windows 10
    Res; 1920 x 1080

PC Spec http://prntscr.com/mvfjao
    Carreg Las @ en 1
  • Brave warriors, 

We had our HTML5 switch this week on Monday, the 4th of March and we've already collected a lot of feedback from you, which will further help with solving issues which were reported by you. 

There's one issue though which we would like to take a closer look at: 
    We've received reports about blurry visuals in the game and we want to analyze this topic as much as possible, in order to find a solution. That's why we're opening this dedicated thread which will only deal with feedback about the blurry visuals topic!!! 

If you're currently encountering any blurry visuals in the game, then we would need you to provide us with the following information:

- Your PC specifics like for example:
    •   information about the operating system that you're playing with (Windows, macOS/iOS) 
    •   information about the  hardware/device that you're using (desktop, laptop, etc.) 
    •   information about your CPU, GPU 
    •   etc. 
    There are many ways to look up your PC specifics (specs), but the following website gives you a good understanding of how you can find it when using Windows and/or Apple's macOS: https://www.wikihow.com/Check-Computer-Specifications

- Your Screen/Display resolution, like for example: 
    • are you playing in HD or non-HD
    • are you playing in 4K UHD
    • what is your screen resolution (e.g. 1980 x 1020, 1680 x 1050, 1280 x 1024, etc.)
    You can open your screen/display resolution under your display settings (e.g. for Windows 10 you just need to right click on your desktop background and then open "Display settings").

- Your Screen's/Display's pixel density 
    • depends on the type of screen/display you use, like... 
    • ... how big is your screen/display
    • ... what type of screen/display is it 
    As mentioned your pixel density is mostly dependant on the type of display/screen that you're using. We're going to provide you with an overview of various screen types and their pixel densities in the following visuals (please click on the spoiler below, to open it): 

You can also find this overview on the original source/website https://www.eizoglobal.com/library/basics/pixel_density_4k/index.html if you scroll down to "High Resolution/High Pixel Density Displays". 

Again, please only provide the requested information in the specifically created discussion-thread, which will be entirely dedicated to the "blurry visuals"-topic and can be found here

For all additional HTML5 related feedback that you want to provide, please take a look at our general HTML5 switch feedback discussion here.

Best regards,
    Your Empire Family
  • HTML5 not working in egypt
  • I have Chrome OS version 72.0.36.122 (official build)(64-bit). I have done all necessary steps and am up to date yet it is still blurry and I often have have white squares that pop up, consistently rebooting to clear them. 
  • Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 17134.590
    CPU: Intel Core i5-8600k
    Memory: 16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Pixel density: 96 ppi

• Meu jogo esta muito lento, haja paciência para jogar, estou pensando até em desistir de jogar! :'( 
Sign In to comment.