We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Explain how this group was deemed as fair by the system

the 3 level 70's frequently get over 10m glory, if that is the improved version what on earth was the previous version?
Scrap the current matching system and make a new one, whatever abomination you created seems to be impossible to fix, heck if you want to I'll write you a matchmaking system myself and it'll be better than the current garbage

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,603
    unfortunatly the whole scoring system is wrong IMO, in no universe shoudl someone getting 10m glory a day (for example) be getting the same or less reward than someone getting 1,000 glory, which is enturly possible the way this thing works.

its plain wrong on every level.  i dont mind the matchmaking principle (asuming u get it right) but there simply has to be different divisions with diff prizes,  there needs to be a system that rewards players for attainign higher levels,  this whole event does exactly the opposite, it rewards players for ensuring their performance is weak so they are matched with other weak / easy to beat players.  Gaining rewards easily instead of having to work for them.

The whole things needs a very serious rethink  
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 571US1
    @Herveus (AU1) How about the pairing system is like a clock, where the biggest number is next to the smallest?  A circular pairing concept if you will, so since they're next to each other it's fair.

By grouping some new guys with the ll800's they're trying to say that a new guy can compete effectively with them, and if they're not, the new guys must be doing something wrong.  I will translate what the new players are doing wrong from GGE's standpoint:  Not buying enough rubies!

I think I hit the nail on the head on this one.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,772AU1
    This time I am matched with a bunch of level 20's, how are they supposed to comepte ????

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,598INT3
    I came in 3rd place 4 times under the last event.  I am now paired with 7 people who were all 4 time 3rd place finishers and one who was a 1 time first place and 2 time 3rd place finisher.  I expect that is the only "pairing" being done.  

Levels are:  70/160, 61, 70/10, 70/128, 70/8, 26 (!?!?), 70/167, 70/85, 46 (???)

Not exactly an even playing field.  But, they seem to be trying...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

All they would need to do is put the scores into a formula and convert it to a skill level like in chess

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,598INT3
    ….and by scores, you mean the scores in the event....not the medal count, right?

I think that is where they are making the mistake.  The medals won by a group of all 20 - 39 level players is NOT the same as a group of 70/500 - 70/800s. 

For those who worry about a level 70 sandbagging to get an easy Gold Wing, think about what it would take.  The level 70 would have to hit ONE Nomad Camp for 75 tabs and then nothing more......he would end up in an easy group the next round.  Then hit ONE FL for 25k and nothing more.   EVERY round he would have to just win by a small amount to stay in the easy grouping.  Would the benefits from the Kingdom League really make that route worth TANKING on every event for a month???  I doubt it.  Now.....would a MULTI do it, just because he COULD?  Sure.

But, I think everyone knows what I think about Multis...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

….and by scores, you mean the scores in the event....not the medal count, right?

I think that is where they are making the mistake.  The medals won by a group of all 20 - 39 level players is NOT the same as a group of 70/500 - 70/800s. 

For those who worry about a level 70 sandbagging to get an easy Gold Wing, think about what it would take.  The level 70 would have to hit ONE Nomad Camp for 75 tabs and then nothing more......he would end up in an easy group the next round.  Then hit ONE FL for 25k and nothing more.   EVERY round he would have to just win by a small amount to stay in the easy grouping.  Would the benefits from the Kingdom League really make that route worth TANKING on every event for a month???  I doubt it.  Now.....would a MULTI do it, just because he COULD?  Sure.

yes I mean the scores, I've started working on a program that takes into account the past 10 glory events 10 nomads 10 sams etc. 

• I complained about this sometime ago and nothing was done

I am level 42 and in my group of 9 there is myself.. 1 level 43 and 7 level 70's

go figure

gge say they are making it fair this time...

I call gge out on their lies, nothing but lies

how is a level 42 and 43 supposed to compete with level 70's considering their castles are bigger most of the time, they get more tablets per hit etc etc  and on it goes

JUST A PACK OF LIES

• John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) Posts: 130INT1
    And soon they want money from season passport (or whatever name they call it english name) LOL.

Go figure!

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1
    my guess is that they look at medals, group players with similar medals/title (determined by medal count and type), and then sorted by seasonal point scores.
    So that's how a level 16 could be in the same group as a 70/800 with 1.6mil mp

And as philt said, the same rewards for different "leagues" is stupid AF!! They didn't give the same rewards for top x in level 70 category as level 20-29! Why not put in a little effort?

Oh. Right.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • The system has been flawed from the start

anyone with half a brain would know a level 42 cannot compete with level 70's, a hit or 2 from a 70 and I do not stand a chance..

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH GGE

want players to stay.. try evening up the game  IN EVERY WAY

cause right now it 'SUCKS' big time

• For the events it shouldnt even be based off of how many points you get since if a person buys a booster then they are already leagues ahead of the non buyers. It should be based off of per day basis of how many camps/castles they hit. One good day of hitting should not determine the entirety, its just stupid imo. If they did this it would also help in the pairings as you can get a average of camps hit and team similar skill players together for a more fair fight. If a pre 70 player gets bundled with the big dogs at least then he can compete on a more balanced playing ground. 

some would say then the lower lvls have more of an advantage but not really, if you feast, lvl 1 drill grounds with max recruit, alliance help ect no matter your lvl can hork out thousands of troops to send on events per day. Reward activity not who can shill the most money for GGE paychecks.
    blackflames @ usa 1
  • Not sure which game your looking at

lvl 70's get better castles

better glory

and move faster

so yes it is totally unfair to put lower levels with level 70's

seems to me they sandbag then when they get into a group with low levels miraculously all of a sudden come to life

I have 5 in my group this time and a couple of lvl 50-60

hit 1 decent castle and I have no hope 

• Basing the rankings off of glory is the unfair part which is why it should be based off of camp/castle attacks won. attack 5 castles and get 200k glory and the pre 70 guy attacks 10 for 2000 glory. Smaller player should be ahead on the rankings since he attacked more than the higher level who has bigger castles and overall stronger account/unfair advantage. 

The way it is currently is unfair and not worth the effort as it only rewards the lucky few and whales instead of who puts in the most work of hammering out 10's if not hundred+ fi per event. The daily totals should reset daily so somebody cant just win the entire active event group by going hard one day and calling it quits for the rest until the next event starts up. Its obvious flaws in these events that makes me wonder what is going through gge's mind.
    blackflames @ usa 1

This is exactly why GGE keep shooting themselves in the foot, as on the one had they put up a thread admitting they cant control multis, and that they will need change the gameplay to effectivly make running a multi pointless. and on the other hand they set up a scoring system and a grouping system like this that means its a multis dream, maximum reward for minimal effort, the less you do the easier it gets.  A multis dream, means you can still get very good rewards on lots of accounts by doing next to nothing.

Nice work GGE, you set long term objectives yet every step you take takes you in the opposite direction, you talk about doing things and then do the exact opposite.  I am not sure how you can keep getting it so wrong, do you actually communicate your objectives to your staff?  or is it just a smokescreen for us customers did you never have any intention of carrying any of them out ?
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 571US1
    @Philt123 (GB1) , you have to ask?  Of course it was a smokescreen.  It seems to me, that the plans at GGE are all centered on maximizing this week's ruby sales.  Every week.  No thought to total sales in say the next quarter, let alone the next year.
    I think you are right bernhardt. Unfortunatly :-(
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • _R11G_ (US1)_R11G_ (US1) Posts: 76US1
    edited 05.03.2019
    My suggestion for GGE is to make brackets (like events) and have one be 10-49, 50-69, and 70. The rewards for level 70 would be better than the lower brackets. Maybe just the PO(Goddess of nature), timeskips, feathers and handful construct and build tokens for 10-49, the rewards for 10-49 + build items, gems and a bit more construct and build items, and then 70 has the full rewards that are there right now. 
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    this is funny just give up all you players who play by rules. who actually take time 
    to improve over months or years.

One alliance on uk server riddled with multi accounts CG but do goodgamegreed do anything no
    they don't care. uk server is truly dead.
Sign In to comment.